Shielding You

[5] escape (part two)

Image

»  “What?!” Jongin shouts as he stands outside in his black t-shirt and black gym shorts. He looks at the citizen on the horse and holds the bridge of his nose. He’s always like this… “Can I use your horse? I swear I’ll be back in about half an hour. The maids will be glad to give you refreshments,” He offers as the other male gets off his horse.

-

“On three, we’re going to run,” Sehun whispers as he hears the girls whining and questioning. “One…” He puts on his hood to cover the top and back of his head. “Two…” He looks left and right and without even looking at her, his hand reaches out for her wrist, securely wrapping his hand around her wrist.

Hayoung opens her eyes and glances at their hands, her cheeks instantly turning red. She couldn’t get her mind to stay focus on this right now so she immediately keeps her attention on Sehun’s voice. “Three!” He starts running with Hayoung trying to keep up.

“There he is!” A girl shouts as the stomps of the girls starts. Sehun tightens his grip around her wrist and continues running.

Hayoung turns her head back and her eyes widen. “They’re like animals!” She squeals as she keeps running, trying not let her legs tire her out.

“Do you know anywhere that we can stay safe at?” Sehun asks as he starts panting, his eyes searching for places. Hayoung takes a deep breath and gulps, “My house is down this block…”

Sehun nods and continues running straight, hearing their footsteps grow louder. “C’mon!” He shouts as Hayoung tries to catch up. However, her glasses start slipping off the bridge of her nose and soon it falls to the ground.

“My glasses!” She pouts slightly and looks back, seeing the girls step on the glasses. “Just keep running,” Sehun mutters as he keeps running, entering a street of houses. “Which one is it?” He asks as Hayoung squints her eyes, looking for the right one.

“There,” She points to the house all the way at the end and their pace quickens, going towards the door. Immediately, Hayoung opens the door and both figures race inside. Sehun shuts the door behind him and pants, continuing to keep his grip on her wrist.

Hayoung runs a hand through her hair and closes her eyes, bending down and placing her hand on her knee.

“Ha—young?” Her mother calls as the female opens her eyes to be greeted to her family standing in front of them. “M-Mother!” Hayoung gulps and bites her bottom lip, “This is…Prince Sehun…”

Her father stiffens and immediately the three bows formally. Hayoung and Sehun glances at each other and then their hands, pulling away quickly. Blood starts flowing to her cheeks again and she turns away, looking at the ground. Sehun takes off his hood and looks at the family, “I-If you don’t mind, may I stay here until someone comes?”

His father nods, “Of course, but—may I ask why, Prince Sehun?”

Sehun looks at the door and sighs, “Girls started chasing me and I needed a way to escape. Your daughter helped me a lot though. She’s really helpful.” Jimin smirks and glances at his sister, walking towards her to put an arm around her shoulders, “Well, that’s my sister for you!” He blinks and tilts his head, “Wait…Where’s your glasses?”

Hayoung’s eyes widen and she pats her face, frowning, “My glasses! They fell off and got crushed while I was running…”

Jimin grins proudly, “Now you can finally wear those contacts I told you to wear!” Hayoung sighs and whispers, “I’ll just save my money again and get new ones…”

“But for now, wear them, alright?” Jimin looks at her as he pouts slightly, patting her shoulder. She nods and bites on her bottom lip, “Fine…”

They don’t look alike…that’s weird. Sehun glances at the siblings and walks towards the window, seeing the girls still standing outside. “I’m really sorry for the inconvenience,” Sehun mutters as he sighs quietly. “No, it’s alright,” Jimin’s mother smiles as she holds onto her hands, “Please, sit down. I’ll get you some water.” She walks towards the kitchen and takes a deep breath, still shocked at their daughter bringing home a royalist.

The father walks towards the window and watches the girls, “They look…dangerous.” Sehun nods and sits down on the couch, “They are…”

-

Jongin finally gets to town and searches around frantically. Anything could happen when a royalist is out by himself, unguarded. The horse slowly gallops as Jongin finds some bystanders, “Hello, um, have you seen Prince Sehun come by?”

A lady who was sitting by her fruit stand nods and fans a paper in front of her for air, “He was running away with this girl from another group of girls. They ran that way,” She points to the road down ahead. Jongin bows his head and kicks his horse gently, the horse suddenly running.

With a girl? …Maybe she’s tricking him and taking him! I have to save him! Jongin grits his teeth and glares straight ahead, a red fiery aura surrounding him. He squints his eyes to get a closer look of the girls who are surrounding an innocent looking house. Immediately, the horse neighs and brings his front legs up, scaring the girls.

“Move,” Jongin orders as the girls scurry away, walking away like nothing has ever happened within these past moments. Jongin sighs and ties the horse again a light post, knocking on the door, “Sehun, it’s Jongin—open up.”

Sehun’s head snaps towards the door from the familiar voice, immediately opening the door, “Jongin—‘”

“Do you know how much trouble you could have been?” The tanner one beams the second as he sees the royalist’s face, “You could have been in danger and I wouldn’t have been there for you.” The younger one hangs his head down and nods, “I’m sorry—but you know…I like adventuring.”

In the end, it’s Sehun who was at fault, but Jongin can’t let him admit that. He puffs out some air and peers inside the house, seeing another girl inside. Sehun watches his eyes and moves away, “Um, come inside…” Jongin strolls inside and bows, looking towards the family in front of him, “Thank you for taking Sehun in. You guys were a big help.”

“No problem,” Jimin replies casually as he pats his younger sister’s head, “This girl right here initially helped him.” Hayoung blushes lightly and slaps his hand away gently, “It wasn’t much.”

Jongin laughs quietly as he watches the siblings, “Well, thank you very much again. We’ll be taking our leave. We hope you have a peaceful night.” Sehun and Jongin bows as the family returns the gesture, Sehun soon going outside and getting on top of the horse.

Jongin holds the rope and walks slowly, glancing at him, “How did you find that girl?” Sehun blinks and looks straight ahead, “The café was the only empty place I could go to. You know, that was the same girl from the beginning of the year—the one in the classroom. Her name is Oh Hayoung.”

The male purses his lips and nods, “Oh Hayoung. That’s a nice name.”

Throughout the whole ride towards the house, Sehun’s mind has been jumbled up with thoughts of this girl. There’s an after effect on his hand as it tingles gently, remembering back to how he held her wrist. He takes a deep breath and starts wondering about her facial features—she looks so mature, but yet so youthful. She was definitely a girl to remember—especially since she wasn’t one of those crazy girls on the streets.

-

The next evening, Sehun’s parents hold a social dinner. Everyone laughs and enjoys their time to the fullest, drinking wine and talking about nonsense stories. Yookyung sits beside her cousin and takes a sip out of her water, her eyes moving to glance at him, “I heard you escaped from the house and got chased by girls.”

Sehun’s lips decrease in size as he hides them, taking a deep breath and muttering, “Well, words sure do get around quickly. By the way, do you know who Oh Hayoung is?” Yookyung giggles quietly and nods, “I do. She’s my best friend. I heard she helped you run away.”

He grabs his glass of water and takes a huge gulp, looking at the wall, “Can you tell me about her?”

On the corner of her lips, Yookyung’s gentle smile tugs into a mini smirk, “I think you should find that out yourself, Oh Sehun.”

 

Image

» author's ramblings:  [June 24, 2013] ouo I hope you guys enjoy this chapter ^^ some drama will be coming very soon so watch out for it! Also, I started an a-pink x male idols story based on the Secret Garden! Go ahead and check it out here. I can't wait for their comeback ;_; they all look angelic <3

» layout credit