Shielding You

[1] first day

Image

»  Loud cries echo the pitch black room. It was like a baby has just entered the world—but that was the truth. A new baby was born but helplessly, the person was trying to turn on the light. Screams and arguments fill the ears and suddenly a white light overtakes the pitch black room.

“Ah!” The person immediately sits up with her eyes widen in shock. Her hands are lying on the bed, looking left and right to see herself in her very own bedroom. She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, slowly lying back down on her comfy bed. It was just a dream.

“Yah, Hayoung. We’re going to be late,” A deep voice calls as the person knocks on the door harshly, “We can’t be late on the first day of school!”

The dreamer’s eyes widen once again as she sprouts out of bed, “Aw, I forgot…” She quickly grabs her glasses on the nightstand and puts them on, hurrying to grab her new school uniform. “Hold on, Jimin! I’ll be down in fifteen minutes!” She shouts as she rushes back and forth from her room to the bathroom that is across from her room.

The voice from earlier stands by her door, his eyebrow rising up, “You need to sleep more early.” Hayoung gets out of the bathroom with her toothbrush in , the younger making a face at him.

“And why aren’t you using the contacts I got you earlier? They can help, you know!” He continues on as he crosses his arms, hearing Hayoung groan from inside her room. He chuckles lightly and shakes his head, “I’ll be downstairs.”

Right on the fifteen minute mark, Hayoung rushes out of her room to the living room. She grabs her lunch box that she has prepared the night before and waves to her parents, “Bye! I’ll see you tonight!” She smiles lightly and walks out of the door calmly, witnessing her older brother already talking to his classmates.

“Hey, Hayoung. I’ll see you at the orientation, alright?” Jimin raises his thumb up and grins, walking off with his friends to school. Hayoung nods and places her lunch box in her bag, starting to walk by herself to school. Was it a hassle to walk to school? No, Hayoung loved watching the nature work around her.

Houses were normal just like in the days today; however, modern transportations and electronics weren’t invented during this time. Instead of cars, you either walk, use bicycles, or—take the carriage places. Yes, carriages. Mostly the royalty or those related to the royalists are able to use the carriages. If you’re a working farmer then you’re also able to use horses and carriages. It’s mostly the commoners and slaves who roams the street on foot and that is what Hayoung is—a commoner.

-

“Prince Sehun, here’s your lunch,” The maid smiles as she bows with her arms extending, revealing his lunch box. The male nods his head with a straight face and receives the lunch box, placing it in his backpack, “Thanks. Tell mom that I’ll be heading to school.” The maid straightens her posture and observes the prince’s attire.

“Ah, Prince Sehun. Your uniform isn’t on correctly,” She whispers, but the male snickers and continues walking. “I know that.” His jacket is slung over his shoulder with the first two buttons ed and his tie loosely on. He walks out of the double doors and sees his carriage waiting outside. There stood another boy with his school uniform on neatly, opening the door, “Let’s go…Sehun.”

The male nods and quickly heads inside the carriage, sitting down by the edge to let the other get in. “Can you believe it, Jongin? We’re finally at our last year of high school,” Sehun grins and lays his head back on the head rest, closing his eyes. Jongin nods and looks outside the small window, observing the streets and sidewalks. He’s been keeping an eye on anyone that could be a threat to the carriage or to the Prince.

“Hey, loosen up,” Sehun suggests as he shakes Jongin’s shoulder. The tanned male laughs softly and nods, “Alright, I will. But hey, I can’t relax that much. There’ll be much more girls going to you.” Sehun shrugs and rubs the back of his neck, “True. I’ll handle it though. You need to relax.”

After a few minutes, the carriage comes to a complete stop. Immediately, squeals and high pitched voices fill both of the males’ ears. Jongin sighs quietly and looks out the window to see a swarm of girls jumping up and down in front of the door. He rubs his face and looks at them, “There’s more than last year…”

Sehun leans forward to get a glimpse and his eyes widen, gulping down the lump in his throat, “I think…this is going to be a scary school year.”

“You think?” Jongin lets out a breathy laughs as he grabs the handle, “Ready?” Sehun puts on his jacket that has a crown pin on the left side of his jacket, “Yeah.”

Jongin his lips and slowly opens the door, “Here goes nothing.”

 

Image

» author's ramblings:  [ June 18. 2013 ]  Here's the first chapter ^^ Chapters will probably be around this length or so ^^ Thank you to those who subscribed and commented! It means a lot. ^^ Look forward to more! P.S. I'll be using kanji numbers for chapters, but the chapter title will be right on the top as you see ^^

» layout credit