Ken's Nightmare

Just Like You

Ken POV: 

Aish, why does my head hurt so much? I sit up and look around and see nothing. Nothing but darkness. I don't even see Leo. Where is everything? Everyone? I get up with vertigo hanging on to my senses. I start to walk around, trying to find someone in this darkness. "Hyung," I call out. 

"So it seems you've awakened," I hear from behind me. This voice it sounds strangely familiar. "Of course it does. It's because it's your voice, Jaehwan." How the hell did he know what I was thinking? I turn around and see me. It's me. But it can't be. I'm right here, right? "But you don't have these." He points to his wings. Wings? 

"Who are you?" My voice catches in my throat. This guy may look like me, but his aura is something very scary. 

"Well, that's hurtful. I thought you would know what you look like. I'm you, Jaehwan. Can't you see the resemblance." He claims to be me?

"But you have wings? And as far as I know, there's only one of me. How come we haven't met before?"

"Come now, Jaehwan. We've been acquainted before. It has only been a few hours since we last met. How could you forget me so soon?" 

A few hours? But I was with hyung a few hours before. We were in the park. I gasp. "You were the one who said all those mean things to hyung. You made him cry. You hurt him." I hiss.

"That's where you're wrong. Those things I didn't say them. You see, Jaehwan, this works both ways. I am you, and you are me. Your thoughts, or lack thereof, are mine, and my thoughts are yours. You were thinking all of those things. You just didn't know it. I just vocalized them for you. We are the same." He gives me a hubristic smirk. I don't like the look on his face. I'm only left with questions for this mysterious stranger.

"How come I've never noticed you before," I ask, my voice starting to rise. "Why are you talking to me only now?" 

"Oh no, we've met before, Jaehwan. Don't you remember Hyunsik?" Hyunsik? I don't remember any-. My first true friend. Hyunsik. The memories they're coming back. 

"Jaehwan-ah" I hear somebody shout my name. It's Hyunsik. I walk away. What does he want from me? "Jaehwan, don't walk away." 

"What do you want," I ask him. Why is the most popular boy in class calling me?  

"Jaehwan looked so lonely, I thought maybe we could hang out sometime."  He wants to hang out with me? He's the first one to notice. Everyone stays far away from me, but he saw through my facade.

We became friends after that. I never felt so happy before. Is this what it's like to be out of solitude? Everyone approaches me now. I don't know how to express my thanks. 

Wait what's this? He's gone missing. He can't be. I have to find him. He's my friend. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him. I must find him. But he's not anywhere. I've searched all over Seoul for him. How can he be gone? 

They find him later in the bottom of a lake. Someone had slit his throat. Who could've done such a thing? Who did this to my friend? He left me a note. 

"Dear Jaehwan, 

       I'm glad we became friends. You looked so lonely. I know what that feels like. I hope you've become happy now. You're surrounded by more friends than ever. I know you'll get over me. I know it wasn;t your fault. I had my own personal battle before. I don't blame you. So please, be happy. For me. It'd make me feel a lot better knowing you'll never be lonely again. Please, Jaehwan? *Eye smile* Jaehwan you're a good person. You have a good heart. I hope someday we can meet again. I also hope someday you'll meet someone who can cure your lonliness forever. 

Love, your friend, Hyunsik. "

Blame me for what? What did I do? 

How could I forget him? How? Sobs begin to erupt. I can't stand properly. I sink to the floor. My whole body is shaking. 

"So you do remember," says my voice, snapping me back to reality. "You see Hyunsik, the poor boy, had overstepped his boundaries. He threatened my very existence. I had to rid of him somehow. It was a good thing you were so weak. I still remember those scared eyes as I, I mean we, approached him holding the very knife that would seal his fate. It's a shame he didn't put up a fight. His screams would've been music to my, I mean our, ears."

I can't look up at him. I can't even stand. All of my strenght has been drained from me along with my tears. The only thing I feel inside is emptiness. This thing, this monster, he killed Hyunsik. He can't be me. I'm nothing like this monster.

"Awwww, Jaehwannie, calling me a monster, that's mean. I'm not a monster. I'm your Hyde. All of your fears, your worries, your despair, your pain, that's me. Up until now you haven't slipped up. You put on an act after Hyunsik, so you wouldn't disappoint him. But tonight you opened up a gateway, empowering me." 

"So? What do you want? Why are you here?" My voice fails to maintain. 

"I came to give you a warning. I was wasting away to nothing before you gave me such power. Now that I'm here I want full control, but someone stands in the way." 

"Taekwoon." It can't be. I can't lose another person. No, I can't! We love each other. I can't live without Taekwoon. 

Interrupting my thoughts, he speaks. "That's right! A certain Jung Taekwoon is interferring in our relationship." He lowers himself down to me, his soft wings caressing my cheek. "You don't want me to go away, do you, Ken?" 

That's it. That was the last straw. Only people I care about can call me Ken. Fueled by anger, I tackle pseudo-Jaehwan to the ground and look him square in the eye. 

"DO NOT CALL ME KEN! AND DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH A HAIR ON TAEKWOON OR SO HELP ME I WILL-"

"Will what? Jaehwan, you're becoming the thing you hate. I'm so proud." I slap his hand away as he goes to pat my shoulder. 

"GO. TO. HELL." I spit out like acid. I get up and start to walk away from whoever this is. 

"That's fine with me, but take this as your first and last warning." He teleports in front of me making me jump back. "Enjoy the time you have left with your Taekwoonie." And with that he flies away laughing manaically, leaving a single black feather.

I'm not letting him hurt Leo. Over my dead ing body. I don't want any trace of him near me. I burn the feather, after all I'm still in a dream, which is followed by a column of black smoke. 

"Ken? Ken!" A voice is calling me only this time I recognize it. I close my eyes wishing with all my strenght to go back to him. When I open them, sunlight filters through causing me to squint. I'm wrapped in his arms as soon as I sit up.

"Jaehwan, you were having a bad dream." He doesn't ask me. He knows. "Don't worry. I'm here now." His gentle voice soothes me. If only he knew. He goes to get me some water. I rub my eyes hoping to forget that horrid dream. I see something in my peripheral vision. I thought I burned it. Right where Leo was laying is the same single black feather. 


A/N: I spoil you guys too much (updating every day). I know you're probably confused. This chapter is essential for the sequel I'm planning.You now know the mysterious voice that has been whispering to Ken this whole time. And I bet you're probably wondering, "Is it supposed to be Hyunsik from BtoB?" Yes it is. BtoB and VIXX did the MTV diaries and Hyunsik was born a month before Jaehwan so they'd most realistically be friends. And VIXX and BtoB are friends (right?) so yeah. I cried at Hyunsik's letter. Also I bet you're wondering why this isn't the first chapter of the sequel. Well, if I introduce this now your bound to read the sequel. Also the flashback shows the parallels between Leo and Ken. Poor Ken T-T he's faced so much heartbreak. How could this happen to such a bubbly person. I really hope you enjoy this chapter. I had fun writing it no I didn't it was miserable I cried so hard re-reading it. The story will really continue next chapter. Yaksok. Oh before I go you guys should check out this soon to be totally awesome story http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/485438/rock-ur-body-leo-ken-keo it's a Keo story and the author is really great. The story is based off of Rock Ur Body. Also search up Falling for You by the same author. It's really good. Alright bye bye.