Just Like Me

Just Like You

Leo POV: 

Finally the date has arrived. Though it was tough to get to. The members aren't the best when it comes to these things, but I know they have no bad intentions. Jaehwan is out of it again. I still do wonder what goes on in his head. "Jaehwan? Jaehwan," I call to him. He seems to snap back to reality. "Are you okay," I ask him gently. There seems to be a flash of pain across his face. "Huh? Oh nothing, hyung. I'm just happy you agreed to be here...with me," he tells me. With me, huh? I wonder what he means. He asks if I've finished my coffee. Looks like he's ready to head out to the park. He says I'll love it. He grabs my hand and leads me. I can feel a comfortable heat swelling between us. Aish, he's dragging me. I can't keep up. "I don't need to be led," I tell him. He drops my hand. Hard. My heart starts to race, and my hands start to sweat. I shouldn't have said anything.

"Jaehwan, I'm so-," I try to tell him. It's not that I don't like his hand in mine. It's... I can't explain it. "No, it's okay, Taekwoon. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have forced you to come with me. It was a waste. You can go home if you want," he tells me his voice shaking. He never calls me Taekwoon. Are those tears? Why do I feel so guilty? I should never have said anything. "Jaehwan," I call his name softly. I see him flinch. Am I cause of his pain? Of course I am, but I can't let it end like this. "Jaehwan," I say more sternly. He won't listen to me. I grab his arm. This hurts him more. "Just let go," he shouts at me. What happened to the earlier Jaehwan? "Go home, Taekwoon. Just go home." His voice escapes in a whisper. I see him run. Running far away from here, from this date, from me. "Jaehwan," I whisper his name. My own tears fall. I never wanted this to happen. What did I do? I hurt the only person who ever wanted to get close to me. The one who's always smiling. I broke his heart. I broke his spirit. I broke Ken. I only sob harder. I don't care who's looking. I collapse onto the sidewalk. Ken can't be broken. I'm the broken one. I can't do this to Ken. While in my own little world, I ignored others. I ignored others' feelings. I ignored Ken. Sobs shake my whole body. He's the only person I've ever truly loved. I can't let him go. I'm finally able to stand. I have to go after him and apologize. I run in the direction he did, desperate to find him. 

I keep running. It's getting late, and I've gotten dozens of texts and calls from the members. I can't answer them. That moment haunts me too much to explain, and I'm afraid I'll break down again. I finally see a dark figure in the shadows staring out at the lake. "Ken," I call. "Didn't I tell you to go home, Taekwoon?" I never expected this to hurt so much. "Leave me alone," I hear him whisper, his tone angry. I can't take it anymore. "Jaehwan-ah," I shout full of rage. Rage at myself, rage at this whole situation. "You beg me to go on this date, and halfway through it, you run away from me. Don't you dare tell me to go home." I hear him laugh a very pathetic laugh. "No, Taekwoon, I will tell you to go home. I want to be alone." His voice isn't full of strenght. "Jaehwan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm sorry for this date. I'm sorry...for hurting you." Silence fills the air. I guess he doesn't want to hear it. "Leo." my ears perk up. "I thought you would let me in. I thought you would understand." "Understand what," I ask him. "Understand," his voice raises "what it's like to be alone." Now it's my turn to laugh. "When are you ever alone? You have this personality that makes everyone love you. You have a ing 4D character. You're nothing like me." "Why the hell do you think I put on this act," he asks full of ire. "I try to get people to befriend me, unlike you. Ever since I was young, I've been lonely, but regardless of how many people surround me, no one has ever been able to fill this lonely gap in my heart. I thought maybe you'd understand, maybe you'd be the one to fill the gap. My whole life, I've walked this lonely road. Every day I look at you, and I see the same look. The look of angst and despair. I knew those looks, and I wanted more for you. I wanted to walk this same road with you. Then maybe you'd stop being so lonely. But I was wrong, so wrong."  He looks at me with eyes that could kill. "I just wanted you to be happy." 

I look at him. Is this truly Jaehwan? The gag-playing, goofy dork? No, it was all an act. He hid his true self behind this mask. Maybe if I wasn't so selfish, he would've been happier. But I was. I do understand. This lonely feeling. It's always been there. I never hid it because I didn't realize it was a problem. But Jaehwan realized it. He needed me. Maybe this is why my heart hurts so much. Why everytime I'm around him,  I get a new energy. Why everytime he touches me, I feel comfort and warmth. Just like me. He is just like me. I would've realized it if I tried to let people in.Now look what I've done. 

"Taekwoon, I hate you." Those words stab me right through the heart. "I hate you with every fiber of my being. I hate how you've tricked me. I hate that we share the same position. And most of all, I hate that I fell in love with you." He's in love with me? Tears are flowing. There is someone who loves me. He's been here all along. "Jaehwan, please, I'm sorry." My words barely come out. Who knew words hurt this much? There's a tear in my heart. "I don't care," he spits the words out at me. He turns to walk away. "Jaehwan, I love you." The words fall out of my mouth. "I love you with every fiber of my being. I love how you've tried to be with me. I love that we share the same position. Dammit, Jaehwan, I love you." 


A/N: Guys, I'm really sorry. Don't hate me. Ken really gets mad here. I don't think I've ever seen him like this. T-T. But I have a surprise for you in the next chapter.  Thank you for all those wonderful comments and my wonderful subscribers. The last chapter was short, and I was debating whether this chapter should be the date from Leo's POV or continue it. So I decided to do both from Leo's POV. Leo's finally said it. Now what'll happen next?