Chapter 4

Love To Hate

Hyekyung's POV

The next morning, I woke up and got ready for school. Sometimes I really dread school, because ... I got to watch Woohyun become all lovey-dovey with his girlfriend, Jaeyoung.

I softened as I looked at my bag. The friendship gift that I got from Woohyun was on my bag. And yes, it sure looked pretty. *He's such a sweet guy.*

After getting my breakfast, I walked out of my house to meet Key and Woohyun, as usual. Key was already outside but Woohyun wasn't.

"Where's Hyunnie?" I cocked my head all over the place to see if Woohyun was hiding somewhere. Sometimes that bestie of mine gets really childish, you see.

Key rolled his eyes and scowled. "He texted me earlier and told me he was going to school with his girlfriend. I can't believe this."

I patted his shoulder and gave him a smile. Key always got angry at Woohyun's actions, like how he chose his girlfriend over us. "Its okay, Bummie. We'll just go to school first, shall we?"

Key nodded and the both of us walked to school together. On the way, Key was nagging and nagging.

"This has been the nth time he actually chose us over that girl! I can't believe this. Can you? Kyung-ah, CAN YOU?" He rolled his eyes and complained.

"You know what," I laughed, "You sound like a jealous girl right now." 

He glared at me and started to shout, "YAH! How do I sound like a girl?! Explain to me now!"

I covered my eyes and chuckled, walking away and ignoring his complaints.

When we reached the classroom, we could see Jaeyoung and Woohyun cuddling and sending pecks on the cheeks with each other. I clenched my fists so tightly that my knuckles turned white without me noticing.

My heart was hurting, and that pain when I saw the two of them kiss each other. "Ey, ey, ey," Key walked over and smacked Woohyun's table as hard as possible, "Is this your house or something? Can't you control your raging hormones?"

Woohyun laughed and hit Key's shoulder, "Sorry, dude. I'll control my hormones in school." He then looked at me, and beamed, "Oh~ Hyekyung! Good morning!"

"Good Morning,oppa!" I smiled. Just then,our homeroom teacher came in. We hurriedly went back to our respective seats. During the whole teaching, I wasn't really listen what the teacher said, all of my attention was just on that particular person.

*Why must I fall for Hyunnie? Why must have to be him?He doesn't even like me.He just treated me as his bestie.* The thought went through again and again.

During lunch, we ate alone as usual. Recently, Woohyun didn’t eat with us anymore. He claims that he wasn’t hungry, but he always would sneak to Jaeyoung’s side and eat her bento with her.

“Tsk,” Key rolled his eyes and shook his head, “That boy needs to maintain.”

“Don’t be like that. He just wants to accompany his girlfriend. It’s okay, Kibum-ah.” I smiled as I grabbed his hand, smiling. Key pouted as he looked back at me, “You’re too nice, Hyekyung. You’re too nice for your own good. Think for yourself please. I definitely do not mind if Jaeyoung comes to lunch with us, but why must he leave us for his girlfriend? I mean, we have been with him ever since we were young. But he is leaving us for that girlfriend whom he knew for less than half a century.”

I sighed, “But we can’t force her to eat with us if she doesn’t want to. Just let Woohyun do what he wants. Besides, he will come back to us once she’s gone. Relax, okay?”

I stared at the couple as they fed each other food lovingly. I was so envious, so envious of Jaeyoung. Jaeyoung got Woohyun’s heart and his love, while I got nothing from him, except from being friend-zoned. I started to love him from the first day that I met him, but from the first day till now, we had never stepped out of the ‘friendship’ zone.

And, honestly, I never expected his love, but … seeing things like that made my heart cringe in pain.

“Yah, Hyekyung,” Key waved his hands in front of me, making me snap out of my thoughts, “I said I was having a Christmas party and I’ll be inviting the class. You’ll be coming right? Its coming in a few weeks. Though its a short notice, but I think everyone would be able to come. I already invited everyone, of course, including that annoying girl. But the one that I want the most to come would be you, Hyekyung. Can you come?”

I smiled and nodded at the guy who was in front of me. He beamed and clapped softly, “Yes! I knew you will. You’re my best friend ever.” I shook my head in defeat, and laughed at the latter, who was still smiling brightly because of my answer.

--

Time passed and it was soon the christmas party. I sat in my room as I thought of what to wear to Key’s party, though it was just next door. Woohyun would be going there and I definitely do not want to uglify myself in front of him. But of course, he would see his girlfriend, and not me. *What am I thinking?*

I opened my wardrobe and flipped everything out, to find a simple t-shirt and a pair of jeans. “Other than these, I have nothing better to wear.” I sighed at the lack of variety of clothes that I had and changed into those clothes.

Afterwards, I grabbed my bag and went to Key’s house to help him out. I knocked on Key’s door and the latter smiled when he opened the door.

“Hi bestie,” He beamed, and allowed me to go into his house. I gaped, “Why are you done with your preparations already?!"

"What's wrong? If I'm not ready by now, it'll be too late, silly," He laughed as he did the final preparations. I sat down at the sofa and sighed softly, "I'm sorry for not helping you out in this big Christmas Party that you're making."

He shook his head and came over, sitting beside me. "Silly bestie, its nothing. Besides the guy who is supposed to come and help didn't," He scowled. 

"Do you mean Woohyun oppa?" I asked.

He scoffed, "If not him, who else? He actually promised me to come and help prepare the things, but turned his back on me when his girlfriend asked him to fetch her."

"Oh," I nodded to his reply, "He must love his girlfriend a lot to do that."

"Yeah but he doesn't realize that is just crazy over his fame," Key sighed, "I'm not angry with him but I just find him a silly guy, whose blind with love."

"People in love are all like that," I answered with a chuckle."You'll be like that too when you are in love."

"Sorry not sorry, but I won't be like him.I know girlfriend is important but friends are also important too," Key scoffed, "Because you're the one that accompanied through my thick and thin."

"Just wait and see when you have a girlfriend," I shook my head and replied, "And do you even have a crush right now?"

He blushed a little and I laughed, "See! I knew it. Who is it?"

He punched my shoulder lightly and hissed, "It's a secret."

I shrugged and chuckled, "Oh well, okay."

He turned around and smirked, "How about you? Do you have anyone you like?"

I sighed as I lied, "Nope, I'm too busy taking care of the two male babies in my life that I can't have the time to look at other guys."

"Besides," I continued, "Even if I do, I don't think my love will be returned to me." "You will have someone who loves you for who you are," Key ruffled my hair and said, "Don't be so inconfident."

*Its not because I'm inconfident,* I thought in my mind, *But its because it already happened. I've already fallen in love with someone who wouldn't return his love.*


This is Kpop1989 ^^

Enjoy reading!!!

Most of it is done by Jesslyn123 :)