SPECIAL: The Beginning of Woohyun's Love

Love To Hate

Author's POV

- 1 year ago -

Hyekyung, Woohyun and Key were walking to school together as usual. As they were walking to school, girls from the other schools or classes in school were looking at them and were leaving bad remarks about Hyekyung.

That girl is such a flirt.

How can she have two guys like that? She doesn't even have charms.

She's an utter nerd.

I wonder why those handsome guys hang out with that nerd in the first place.

Those two guys there sure have weird tastes in girls. I'll definitely not like her, if I were them.

Woohyun clenched his fists tight and glared at the people who made the crude remarks. Of course, Hyekyung realized that her friend was ready to pounce onto anyone at that very moment.

On the other hand, Key was having the same reaction. Though he didn't show it, she knew that mentally he was scoffing and cursing.

Hyekyung, who was standing in the middle, held the duo's hand and made them look at her. She smiled while shaking her head - a gesture to tell them not to get agitated and she didn't mind listening to those crude remarks.

Truth be told, it hurts while hearing all those crude remarks. Who, in the right mind, would love those remarks? But she didn't want anyone to get hurt.

However, she didn't want to stir up a big fight because it would definitely worsen the situation. And then, she may not be able to tolerate all the crap that she had been receiving and bearing for her best friends.

When they entered their classrooms, they realized that an unfamiliar girl was taking their seat. They could only see the girl's backview, but even so, there were guys who were ogling at her, smirking at her and some even making advances.

That girl had long hair, and her eyes were mesmerizing. It was so pretty.

"That girl," Woohyun started, "Is so pretty. Don't you think so, Hyekyung? Kibum? Do you think she would like me if I made advances to her?"

"You can try," Key laughed as he gave a soft punch on his buddy's shoulder, "You're a hot dude, she might."

Hyekyung's heart felt a sharp pain, like as if something was piercing through it. At that moment, it dawned upon her that somebody like her didn't deserve and wouldn't deserve to have Woohyun.

Because she wasn't pretty and definitely because she was a nerdy person. Who, especially someone like Woohyun, would want to be with her?

"Okay then," Woohyun smirked and ruffled Hyekyung's hair, "Wish me good luck, buddy!"

He ran over and talked to the girl.

"H-hi," He smiled shyly while scratching the back of his head, "I'm Woohyun. The school's proclaimed kingka. Transfer student, eh? Nice to meet you."

That girl laughed, and the melody of her laughter was like music to Woohyun's ears. It was so smooth and it was adorable.

"You're funny," She chuckled, while batting her eyelashes, "I'm Jaeyoung. Goo Jaeyoung. Nice to meet you."

Key looked at the duo, but especially looked at the girl and her reactions. Now he kind of regretted pushing his best buddy to her. "Ey," He muttered, "I should have seen her face before making any decisions for that dude there."

Hyekyung looked at Key curiously and asked, "Huh? Did you say anything, oppa?"

Key shook his head and smiled, while patting her head, "Nope, I did not. I was just thinking of something. Its time to get to our seats now, don't you think?"

The two then walked over and took the seat directly behind Woohyun and Jaeyoung, the newly found 'couple'.

Hyekyung's heart was hurting but she didn't mind, as long as Woohyun wanted it that way. She saw his girlfriends - how they met, how they fell in love and how they broke up.

She never failed to be there for him when his ex-girlfriends left him. She wanted to be there for him whenever he felt pain and be the one who was able to make him feel happy.

Of course, she wanted him to feel her presence and she wanted him to like her. But she was hopelessly in love with Woohyun for her to be looking at him fall in love with another girl.

And this time, it was the same.

Hyekyung was looking at how he met the other girl, and exactly how he fell in love with her.

*Hyunnie-ah,* She looked at his backview longingly, *As long as you're happy, I am too. I hope you'd be able to last with this girl here and she would be able to make you happy.*

"Hyekyung," Key called out, after seeing her 'daydream' and wander off into her own Lalaland, "You okay?"

She nodded and forced a smile, which could be able to pass off her real one, "Yeah, I'm totally fine. No worries, Kibum."

If there was someone who you can compare Hyekyung to, it would be Kotoko's blind feelings for Naoki in It Started With A Kiss.

Despite him not showing any reaction, she kept on helping and listening to him.

However, nobody knew of her hidden feelings. Not anyone. Not even Key, her other best friend. She wanted it hidden for now, if not, the relationship between Woohyun and her would be utterly awkward. Then, she may not be able to keep him beside her.

Selfish, but that was the only way to maintain a platonic yet utterly close relationship with one another.

 

The following week, news of Woohyun and Jaeyoung being a couple spread and sadly, it was true.

Hyekyung and Key both gaped when they saw the couple holding hands, coming to school together. Key sighed, "Its true then. No wonder he keeps running away from our weekly bonding session."

"At least," Hyekyung shook her head and said, "He is still here and still acknowledges us. Its so much better than him ignoring our presence completely, don't you think?"

He shrugged, "I'm not so sure if that girl there would make her do so."

She stared at Woohyun and snapped out of her thoughts when she realized that Woohyun was walking towards them, while holding his new girl's shoulders close to him.

"Hey, my best buddies," He smiled and called the two of them, "This is my new girlfriend and our classmate, Goo Jaeyoung!"

Jaeyoung looked at Key, smiled, and then, moved on to look at Hyekyung. As a girlfriend of Woohyun's, she carefully scanned Hyekyung.

*A girl that Woohyun would never fall in love with, but,* She smirked inwardly, *I won't allow my boyfriend to go down to have friends of that level.*

"Hi, I believe your name is," Jaeyoung smiled and looked at the duo, "Kim Kibum and yours... Mikyung? Hyemi? Hyekyu? Sorry, I didn't catch that well in class because it didn't give me an impression."

Key glared at her and protested, "Excuse me, she does have a proper name. She's Hyekyung."

"Oh," Jaeyoung smirked.

Woohyun, on the other hand, who was clueless about what was happening, was too mesmerized by his girl to know anything and of course, didn't realize that his girl was being hostile to his friend.

He dragged Key away to a corner and whispered, "Yah~ Don't you think I'm such a professional? She actually accepted my confession after a while!"

Jaeyoung stared at Hyekyung and shook her head. She sighed, "I don't understand why you're hanging out with the kingkas. Can't you realize that you aren't at that level?"

Hyekyung looked back at Jaeyoung and blinked, "I don't get t-this. H-how d-does this got to do w-with..."

"It does," She smirked, "And I'm just trying to let you know how much you're worth only."