Home life

I've got you

It didn’t take you half as long as you thought it would take you to do the dishes. At the last few dishes though, your hand slipped, and a cup crashed to the floor. You quickly swept the pieces into your hand, ignoring the cuts it caused, and threw it into the garbage can. You heard your mother stir.

“Chris, your hand is bleeding. Why would you do that?” Sandeul asked.

“She hates broken dishes, and hates being woken up even more, so shh!” You warned, but it was too late.

“Christina? Did I hear a glass break?” Your mother called.

“I cleaned it up! There are no pieces on the floor, and it was that cup you said you hated.” You tried to defend.

“Do I hear another person in there?” Your mom asked. You looked at Sandeul desperately, but he wasn’t sure what was going on, so he just gave you a confused look.

“This is my friend, he got injured, and he needed help.” you begged your mother not to say too much.

“A boy? I better not find you two ing in my room like last time, or else you’re grounded for life.” She yelled. You closed your eyes. Of course, she had said too much.

“He’s here to help with the dishes, mom. Then he’s going home.” You said, holding back a groan. There was no way he was going to be friends with you after this.

“Nonsense, if he’s injured, let him stay! You’re smart, help him with his homework! And I’m going to be home late tonight, I’ve got an appointment at 11.” She winked.

“What kind of job requires you out so late?” Sandeul asked. You gave him a warning stare.

“Don’t ask.” You said.

“Me? I’m a… Hmm.. Christina, what’s the proper term?” Your mom asked.

“I don’t know mom, maybe this is a conversation for another time, I’ve got to get the mail, and make dinner, and help him with his injury and homework..” You silently begged her not to go on.

“Well, injured boy, I’m what’s commonly known as a e I guess, but it’s a little more professional than that.” She said. You laid you head in your hands. Your life was officially over. Sandeul blushed.

“Oh.” He said simply.

“I’m going to get ready, you two have fun. Not too much fun, no ing in the house!” She yelled going into her room.

Sandeul stayed quiet as you did the last of the dishes.

“Yeah, I don’t talk about home life too often.” You reiterated. He nodded.

“I understand.”

You hit your forehead with your hand. You felt so stupid for thinking bringing him over was a good idea.

“I have to get the mail, you get your homework all set up on the dinner table, we’ll work for a bit and then I’ll start dinner.” You sighed, walking out towards the mailbox. 

____________________________

Your POV~

I came back a few moments later, I came back into the kitchen to see Sandeul on his phone texting someone. 

"Hey," I mumbled. 

He nearly jumped off the chair when he heard my voice. He turned around and placed a hand on his chest. "You nearly scared the skin off my body."

I took a seat next to him and put on my best to have a happy face. "Texting your mom?"

"No, why would I text her? She doesn't have a cellphone."

"I thought you would text her that you didn't want to stay," I looked away shyly. 

He chuckled. 

"Nah, I like hanging out with you," he paused for a moment, "so about your mom. What was the 'ing' thing all about?"

I mentally faced palmed myself and sighed. 

"A few years ago, she brought this one guy home, and he ed her. Left for a few days, then came back. Well, she was working one night, and I was home alone and," my voice trailed off.

"He basically you?"

I nodded. 

_________________________

Other POV~

“He was really , I’m pretty small, there wasn’t anything I could really do anyway. Anyhow, my mom walked in, and started to get mad at me for taking her man, so he was kicked out, and I was too for a little while, but she let me back in.” You sighed. Sandeul looked shocked.

“Where did you go?” He asked, looking shocked.

“I think I crashed at the bus stop or something. Maybe it was the park? I don’t really remember..” You said.

“You didn’t think to ask me or anything?” Sandeul asked.

You shrugged. “I’ve always dealt on my own before.”

“Next time, as much as I hope there’s not a next time, come to my house, okay? You know where it is.” Sandeul almost begged with his eyes. You looked at him.

“You don’t think I’m dirty or anything?” You asked. He shook his head.

“You’ve been my friend for awhile, why would I just change my mind because of an unfortunate event that happened?” He asked.

“I don’t know.”

“When did this bastard take advantage of you?”

“Maybe two or three months ago?” You said.

“Seriously? And you’ve failed to mention this?” He looked shocked.

“Never came up, and she always has guys over, it’s nothing new that they found me interesting.” You laid your head on the table.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been able to help.”

“Don’t be sorry. I’ve been dealing with this forever. I just want to sing, and get through life. Now, let’s get to work on homework.” You suggested. He nodded, obviously still trying to comprehend what just happened.

“What about your homework?” He asked.

“I’ll do it later, I’ll help you out first, then I’ll start dinner.” You said.

“Are you always this busy?” He asked, obviously surprised by your home life. You knew this would happen.