Caring

I've got you

I was unloading the crates. Sweat was slowly sliding down my forehead as I continued to work. I happen to glance over to my boss for a moment, he was looking at his chart, but I could see two figures approaching though. 

However, I coninued to work ignoring everything that was around me, or atleast I did until I felt someone tap my shoulder. 

"Chris?"

My head turned to see Sanduel standing behind me. He had a sad smile on his face. 

"Chris, what are you doing here?"

"Working."

Sandeul took my hand and removed the gardening glove I was wearing. 

"Come on, we're going home."

"I can't I'm-"

"Chris, please."

I looked into his eyes. He was close to tears.

I let him pull me away, and he took me to the car. We sat in the backseat while his dad spoke to my boss. 

My eyes started to get heavier and heavier. Sandeul glanced over and pushed my head onto his lap and combed his fingers through my hair. "Sleep, I'll protect you."

I began to doze off, but I still heard Sandeul say something. I'm not sure if I heard it write though. I think he said, "I love you."

__________________________________

Other POV~

You woke up from a nightmare about your mother, and were sweating hard. It was still dark outside, so you couldn’t just get up. You remembered you weren’t in your own house, and you began to cry. You racked with sobs, partly from exhaustion and partly from your nightmare that was actually a reality. You put your face into your hands, and just cried out of helplessness.

You didn’t hear the door creak open, but you did feel a hand on you back, and the bed sunk a little. You looked up to see Mrs. Lee sitting there. She didn’t say anything, she just gathered you up and embraced you. You weren’t sure how to respond at first, so you froze.

“Nightmare?” You heard her ask.

“Sort of.” You replied.

“It’s okay to cry.” She reminded you, patting your back softly. You then began to cry more softly, letting the mother comfort you as if you were her child. She shushed you, and hummed for you, as if you were her young child recently awoken by nightmares. You weren’t sure what to feel.

You slowly fell back to sleep, your exhaustion taking over, but you tried to fight it.

“What time is it?” You asked

“It’s about 5 in the morning.” Mrs. Lee replied.

“Then I’ll go get started on breakfast for when everyone gets up.” You said lazily, trying to get out of bed.

“No, not in your state. You’re going back to sleep young lady.” She warned.

“I.. Can sleep in?” You asked. You have never been able to do that before because all of the work you’ve had to do.

“When was the last time you went to bed before 12?” The mother asked with a bit of concern. You gave her a curious look.

“Not since I was about 7 or 8.” You looked at her.

“When was the last time you got up past 8?” She asked.

“Well there was one time my alarm didn’t go off and my mom was passed out on the couch, so I slept in until 9 once.” You remembered. Mrs. Lee just gave you a sad look.

“Well go to sleep, and don’t set an alarm.” She said patting your head as she guided you under the covers. You nodded hesitantly, and fell asleep quickly.

You would never understand how this family worked, or how a family was ‘normally’ supposed to work. You had thought your life was almost normal, but suddenly you weren’t so sure anymore. You sighed as you wondered if you would stay at this house for a long time. You knew you probably wouldn’t, you understood reality, and reality said that you were about to get dumped from foster home to foster home. You feel asleep quickly with your mind still racing.