Home life 2

I've got you

Your POV~

"It's okay, Sandeul," I put on the biggest smile I could make, but he still wasn't buying it. 

"Chris-"

"Sanny, I don't want to talk about it."

He finally let go of the topic and started his homework. 

~>~>~>~>~>~>~>

After so long, we finished his homework, and I got a head start on dinner. 

"Hey, Sandeul, are you staying for dinner?"

He thought about it for a moment and turned to you. "I don't think I can," he looked at you with sad eyes. 

I smiled at him. "Don't worry about it."

Sandeul almost looked like he was ready to run away. 

"Well-um-" 

We could both hear a car horn from the outside. "There's my mom," he mumbled.

"Bye, Sandeul!" 

Once again, I tried to be cheery, but he could look right through me. However, he didn't say a single word to me and simply waved. 

I could feel tears edging in my eyes. I wanted to cry.

I glanced down at the table, and there was a notebook sitting on the kitchen table. . His song book. 

Quickly, I ran outside only to see his mom driving away. 

_______________________________________

Other POV~

You sighed, and took his book back inside. You put it back on the table, and quickly made dinner. You were eating a sandwich you had made, and stared at the songbook curiously. You knew how personal songbooks were, and the teacher said he’d never collect them, and no one was supposed to look at someone else’s book. You were so curious though.

You finished your sandwich, and cleaned up your dishes. You stared at the songbook. Maybe it would help you figure out who that girl was that Sandeul liked. You shook your head. It was wrong to go through a friend’s stuff. Tears pricked your eyes as you wondered if he was still even your friend. He left with hardly a word..

You rubbed your eyes and yawned. You needed to sleep, but you had so much to get done.

“Hey, turns out the appointment is going to be at our house, Christina!” Your mom called down the stairs.

“Okay!” You called back up. You groaned, now you knew you were never going to sleep. You got out your homework and began to work on it at the table, looking at the clock every so often to see how close 11 was getting. Once it was about 10, you took all your things to your room, so whoever mom’s client was wouldn’t see you, and think you were for him. You went to your room and locked the door. You had grabbed Sandeul’s songbook as well, and you laid it next to yours. You stared at it again in wonder.

If he hated you already, might as well open it. Right? You pulled back the cover, revealing the first song. The first song of the year was always a structured assignment about describing your family, some people like yourself struggled with it, but for Sandeul it was no problem. You didn’t look at the song, you just left it open. You snuck a peek at it every so often, wondering if you should look at it or not, and the curiosity was killing you. You eventually finished your homework, and you heard the front door slam, and you knew that the client was here. You sighed, and looked through the mail again, throwing away spam mail, and looking at the bills to see how much you owed.

You yawned as you waited to hear the sound of your mother’s door closing. once you heard the noise, you knew you were free to move around the house again, because they would be distracted for at least 2 hours.

You crept out of your room carefully, trying to ignore the obscene noises coming from your mother’s room.

You went into the garage with another yawn, and tried to ignore your tiredness. You needed to go to work. You grabbed your bike and headed off. Your mom didn’t know you had a job, but it’s not like she would’ve cared.

“Sorry I’m late, I had to help out a friend.” You said to your boss. he just nodded.

“We’ve got bags out back that need to be brought in, so if you could put them in the shelves, then I’ll give you 2 dollars for each bag.” He said. You nodded, and headed off to do the task. You worked for this local farmer, and helped him with manual labor every night so you could earn some money. He always gave you something to do, but some days it paid better than others. You always thanked him for his kindness though.

You began to carry the rice bags to the shelves, but you couldn’t stop thinking of Sandeul’s songbook.