¢нαρтєя fινє

Do You Still Love Her? [HIATUS]

{Um, how about no.} You shot back a reply, fingers slightly trembling. |What the hell does he want now...|

[Too late. Look outside your window.] You follow Luhan's words and glance outside the window, only to realize that he was standing out in the cold, waving at you.

|This idiot never changes.| You lean over, and open up the window.

"We can talk now! What do you want?"

"Um...______...could you let me in, perhaps? It's a bit cold out here." Luhan asks, rubbing his arms together for heat. You grin.

"No. Why didn't you bring a jacket?" You retort, making Luhan roll his eyes. "Fine." He runs to the front of the apartment and climbs up the stairs, knocking at your door all under three minutes. You open the door, standing there blocking his way in. "We can talk now."

"No, just...let me...let me come inside." Luhan slowly gets closer, making you back away from him.

"So. What do you want." You say again, putting your hand on your hips.

"I want to apologize. For my girlfriend's behaviour today." He says, sitting down on the couch patting the space next to him. Taking that as a signal to sit down, you instinctively sit a bit closer than you should. Awkwardly shuffling away, you turn to Luhan.

"Why? She was..okay."

"No, she was a ." Luhan hesitates. "I promise you she's not like that all the time." He says hurriedly, making you laugh. Luhan gives you a look that says I'm-sincerely-apologizing-don't-laugh.

"You...you don't actually expect us to become friends, right?"

"Yeah, I do. I mean, you're my bestfriend, right?"

"NO!" You yell. "Well, I mean...no, we're not...not anymore." You mutter, trailing off. Looking away from him, you stood up and leaned against the window sill.

"Since when were we not best friends!" Luhan exclaims. You hear the rustling of feet and a presence behind you. Luhan was close, yet distant; wrapped away in the arms of another woman. "I thought...I thought you said we were going to be best friends. We even promised each other."

"Luhan-" Your voice trembles. "We..we stopped being best friends that day three years ago at the park when you stole my first kiss." You pause. "Don't tell me I've been having one-sided feelings for you for three years."

"It's not that...it's just that..." Luhan stops talking, and suddenly a pair of toned arms were wrapped around you. Your breath catches in your throat.

"L-Luhan, don't do this." You choke out, on the brink of tears.

"...have I made you cry?" His low voice mumbles. You could feel his hot breath on your neck, as you begin to slowly relax in his arms.

|_____, you shouldn't be doing this...|

"It was a mistake." Luhan says, holding you closer. Not able to resist his touch any longer, you turn around and stare into his brown orbs.

"What was a mistake..."

"....leaving you." Luhan says, pressing his lips against yours. His arms hold you even closer, suffocating you in the embrace of a lover that you could never have again. The two of you pull away, gasping for breath. Luhan lays his head on your shoulder. "Would you take me back if I asked you to?"

"I'd have to consider that." You stop, pulling away. You pull the curtains over the window before anyone catches the two of you, and sits back down on the couch. Luhan follows you and an awkward silence settles in between the two of you, like an unbreakable barrier. "You really hurt me when you went back to your ex."

"It was a mistake. She's changed...became...a different person."

"Why did you want her back?" You mumble, starting to play with your fingers. Luhan slowly pulls your hands apart and holds one of them in his own hand. "Is she better than me?"

"I think...I just missed someone that was from home, you know? I have no family here-"

"That's a lie and we both know it, Luhan. Is your girlfriend your family? No, not necessarily. But you do have the rest of EXO to fall back on if you ever need support. They'd help you through so many things, Luhan. If they heard that, they'd be really hurt." You say honestly.

"I-" A sharp ringtone breaks the small bubble that you and Luhan had been wrapped in, and he lets go out your hand as you pull back. Sorry, he mouths. "Yes?" Luhan pulls a face. "I'm at a friend's house; no, I'm not hurt. I'll come back soon."

"GIrlfriend?" You ask.

"Yeah." Luhan grimaces. "I...I want to be with you again."

"You can't get everything you want in life, Luhan." You sigh, looking away from him for the thousandth time that night.

"Are you saying I can't have you?"

"It depends on what you want me as, Luhan. I can't be someone you come to whenever you're upset about your girlfriend, Sehun's the one you go to for that. And...I can't be your friend." You sigh again.

"Why not..?"

"Because ever since that day in the library where you knocked over my stack of books, I've always wanted to be more than friends with you, Luhan."

"I'm sorry." Luhan says, looking down. "I'm sorry for hurting you and everything I did and didn't do." He stands up, heading towards the door. "I better get going before she interrogates me. I hope things will work out, _____. They always do in the end, one way or another, right?"

You nod, and smile bitterly. "Bye." You mutter, not being able to look him in the eyes.

|I hope everything does work out, Luhan. I hope they do.|