Yoona's P.O.V

I'll Protect You

“Today is a very special day,” Professor Min said. He stood on the big stage, and had a microphone in his hand.

“Today a lot of our students will be graduating,”

Yoona sighed. Today she was going to be released from al the studying and hard work on this university. And even though she was very happy, on the other side Yoona was also sad. She was really going miss Professor Min, and all the other professors. It seemed like yesterday when she was accepted to the university. Yoona could still remember her first day at the university.

“And for most of you it will be a step towards being an independent adult.”

Yoona liked Professor Min. He was always very funny during classes.

"And it will be a big step…"

Professor Min began an at least 10-minute speech about how he thought the year had been.

“This is starting to get boring,” Sunny whispered to Yoona, who nodded.  “Yes I agree.”

“If this goes on any longer I’ll fall asleep,” Sunny said and yawned.

Yoona laughed softly. “Yeah, me too.”

“Okay, let’s stop with my boring story which the Board of Directors of the school obliged me to say.” Everyone in the big hall laughed after that remark.

“So let’s start with the distribution,” Professor Min said, and smiled.

Professor Min started to call students from the same study on stage. When Yoona heard that the study art history was up next she got excited. Finally she was going to get her diploma.

But to her surprise, Yoona didn’t heard her name.

“What is this?! Why am I not called on stage?” Yoona whispered to Sunny, who also looked surprised.

“I don’t know. Maybe they’ll call you up later,” Sunny said. This made Yoona relax. Sunny is probably right.

Yoona heard a massive number of names pass by, but no ‘Im Yoona’.

‘And last but definitely not least, I want to announce the two best students of this year,” Professor Min said.

“These two students have not only been amazing in class, but also outside of the classroom.”

Suddenly Yoona got it. She was one of those students, but who was the other one?

“I’m not going to make my twaddle any longer so…. Come here Im Yoona and Choi Siwon!” Yoona heard Professor Min say. Her heart stopped. CHOI SIWON, went through her head. Choi Siwon….

Yoona felt two hands pushing her out of her chair, and Yoona walked to the stage. And there HE was… again. He walked straight up to her, and stood beside her.

“Congratulations,” he whispered in Yoona’s ear, and Yoona thought she was going to faint. His voice was so deep and y.

Siwon grabbed Yoona’s hand and he pulled her on stage. Yoona didn’t liked it to stand on a stage. But because of Siwon’s hand in hers, Yoona felt better.

“All I want to say is that I’m really going to miss you,” Professor Min said to them, and Yoona saw that Professor Min had a tear on his cheek. And even though Yoona was very that she had made it, the facial expression of Professor Min made her sad.

Yoona felt tears come up, and before she realized it a tear dropping down her face.

“Are you okay?” Siwon whispered to her. Yoona saw from the corner of her eye that he looked kind of worried.

“Yes, I’m fine. I just can’t keep my eyes dry when I see people crying.”

Yoona saw Siwon smiling. Omg he looks so adorable, she thought.

After Professor Min gave them their diploma, Yoona wanted to go back to Sunny. But she felt a hand that tried to grab her. “Wait!” Yoona heard.

Yoona turned around and Siwon walked up to her. “Wait,” he said again.

“What’s wrong?” Yoona asked, she had actually no clue of what he wanted.

“Uhm, would you like to have a drink in the cafeteria? I know it maybe sounds a little bit strange but…”

 “Yes sure,” Yoona heard herself say. Is this real? Am I really going to have a drink with Siwon, Yoona thought.

 “But there is one thing,” Yoona said.

Yoona saw how Siwon’s smile adorable smile disappeared. “What is it?” he asked.

“Well, I don’t have any money…”

Siwon laughed after Yoona said that.

“Don’t worry about that. I asked you, so I pay.”

 


Siwon’s P.O.V

 

Siwon couldn’t believe it. He was going to have a drink with Yoona. It felt like a dream. For so long he’d been dreaming about it. And now it was really going to happen. Siwon sighed.

“Well, shall we meet in the cafeteria then? I have to tell my friend Sunny she can go home,” Yoona said.

“Yeah, ok. Sure,” Siwon said. “Shall we meet in 15 minutes?”

Yoona nodded, and she walked away to her friend. Man she really got me, Siwon thought.

 

“So you’re graduated in art history?! That doesn’t sound very exciting,” Siwon said and smiled to Yoona, who sat in front of Siwon. They were sitting at a small table, both sipping on a ice coffee.  It was crowded in the cafeteria, but Siwon only had eyes for Yoona.

“I know, it wasn’t exciting at all. But I had to study it,” Yoona said, and looked straight into Siwon’s dark brown eyes. Siwon felt how his heart started to beat faster. He wanted to say what was on his mind. He wanted to tell her that he had waited for her, and that he loves her…

“Why did you have to?” Siwon asked.

“Well, I want to open my own art gallery where people can view paintings. And where maybe auctions can be held.”

Another thing why Siwon liked her, Yoona was so passionate. He could see the passion and determination in her eyes. Theyhadakind oflusterthathehad never seenbefore. They attracted him, those eyes. 

“And what have you studied?” Yoona asked, and took a sip of her ice coffee.

“I have studied Business Economics,” Siwon answered and smiled to her.

“Wow, that must have been hard…” Yoona said with big eyes.

“Well, yes it was.” Siwon looked at Yoona. Her eyes were so beautiful, Siwon couldn’t help that he started staring.

“This maybe sound awkward, but your eyes are the most beautiful ones I’ve ever seen.”

Siwon saw how Yoona blushed, and looked at the table. Her thin fingers played with the straw of her ice coffee.

“Thank you, Siwon,” she said.

Siwon thought he’d ruined it all, because there were a few minutes of silence. Yoona avoided his face and kept playing with her straw.

But suddenly Yoona said:  “Why are you doing this?”

Siwon didn’t knew what to say. That came so unexpected.

“I…don’t know, actually. It just feels right,” Siwon said. He tried to figure out what Yoona thought. She was looking at the table, and still avoided Siwon’s look.

“Yoona, may I know what is bothering you?” Siwon asked as politely as possible, trying to look Yoona straight in the eyes.

Yoona looked at Siwon, but didn’t said a word. She had such a sad look in her eyes, that he felt sorry for her.

Yoona still said nothing, but just quietly looked at Siwon.

“Can you promise me one thing?” Yoona asked.

“Of course.”

“That you’ll not tell this to anybody?”

Siwon placed his hand on hers. “I promise you, I’ll never do that,”

Yoona sighed deeply. “Okay….”

Yoona told her story about her ex Minho. Siwon listened attentively. He was shocked, how could a guy do such a thing to a girl like Yoona?!

She told Siwon that she had a relationship with him for two years. After he cheated on her, he left her alone. Siwon could see the pain in Yoona’s eyes.

“I loved him, so deep, so pure. Man… I even thought I’d marry him.” Yoona said, and wiped away a tear.

“But after I heard he cheated on me, my world was shattered.”

Siwon listened to her, and felt how adrenaline filled his veins. A feeling of anger filled him. Nobody deserved to experience something like that, and especially not Yoona. She was perfect….

“And I just feel so stupid!” Yoona continued. She clenched her fists. Anothertear trickled downhercheek.

“Why?” Siwon asked, while he grabbed her hand.

“This all makes me feel so weak. The tears, the inner pain I feel, this all…”

“It makes me feel like I can’t be strong… And I hate that!”

Yoona started crying. She had her head down, and her hair tips became wet from the tears.

Siwon kneeled down beside her chair directly. He placed his right hand on her back and his left hand wiped away the tears.

“Yoona, what do you think of this? I take you to my place, I’ll cook something for you and we forget about that Minho guy ok?”

Siwon saw how a smile appeared on Yoona’s face.

“That’s just perfect.”