Siwon’s P.O.V

I'll Protect You

Siwon walked to Starbucks with his sunglasses on his nose. Today was his graduation day, and he wanted to start it with a nice cup of ice coffee. It was already warm outside, so he wore  a white T-Shirt with V-neck. And he also wore a ‘not too skinny’ jeans. When he arrived at Starbucks the regular cashier Gina smiled to him. “Same as usual, Siwon?” she asked and winked. “Yes please,” Siwon answered. He knew that Gina liked him, but he did not respond to it. No, he had already gave his heart to someone else. Siwon sighed. That girl….

The first time he saw her was in the library. She looked so beautiful at that time.

She was making her homework. Silent and concentrated. She looked so concentrated, that she probably had not even seen Siwon sitting there. In the corner, right in front of her.

Siwon sat there, for almost two hours. He watched her silently.

Siwon sighed again. He really needed to stop this nonsense. He didn’t even knew her name. “Siwon, what’s wrong?” Gina asked, with a worried look in her eyes. “Is something bothering you?”

Siwon hated that, Gina always knew if there was something wrong. Siwon could lie about it, and tell that there was nothing. But he couldn’t do that.

“Well yes, Gina. There is something.” Siwon started. I’m really going to hurt her when I’m saying that I like someone else, he thought.

“I’m always there for you,” Gina said. She walked to colleague and told him Siwon’s order.  

“Gina, can I ask you for some advice?” Siwon asked. Gina walked back to Siwon and smiled. “Sure, ask whatever you want.”

“Well, there is this girl you know…”

Gina smile got bigger. I hope she doesn’t think that girl is her, Siwon thought. He continued;

“A girl from university, and I think I really start to feel something for her.” Siwon saw that the sweet smile Gina had on her face, was gone. Actually she looked kind of sad.

“What’s her name,” Gina asked with a sad look.

“Uh, well that’s the point. I don’t know her name…” Siwon felt how he blushed a little. A guy like him, who was too shy to asked a girl’s name. Gina must have thought he was a stupid wimp.

“Then ask her name,” Gina said.

“Well, another thing. I don’t know her personally.”

“And you want my advice?” Gina asked amazed.

“Yes, I know you for a very long time so…. What would you do?”

Gina frowned. “I guess I would go and chat with her, and when it feels right I’d ask her name. But I mean with when it feels right; that you can really feel that she’s also interested. Because you must not rush. Girls really hate that.”

Siwon thought about what she said.

“That’s…brilliant! Thank you so much!”

Siwon gave Gina spontaneously a kiss on her forehead. He saw that after his action Gina’s smile returned. It was even bigger than before.

Siwon looked on his watch. I need to be there over like 15 minutes, he thought.

“I’m really sorry Gina, but I have to go. We’ll talk again soon okay?” Siwon said and walked out of the Starbucks.

 

Surprisingly enough, Siwon was there on time. When he walked into the university and put away his leather jacket, his two ‘friends’ came to him. Well friends, they were more like followers. Their names were Dong-Min and Young-Jae. They copied everything of Siwon. His hairstyle, clothes….

“Hey Siwon! How are you man?” Dong-Min and Young-Jae said.

“I’m okay,” Siwon answered,  but he didn’t looked at them. Siwon was looking for that mysterious library girl, but he couldn’t see her anywhere.

“Hey Siwon, I saw that library girl today…” Young-Jae started.

“Really?!” Siwon said, and his eyes got bigger of excitement. “Where?! When?!”

“Wow easy, I saw her walking down the street. That was about 10 minutes ago, I think.”

So she was going to come, Siwon thought. He felt butterflies in his stomach.

And there she was, the mysterious library girl. Man, that girl looked beautiful. Her hair looked like it was styled by a professional hairdresser. Siwon couldn’t take his eyes off her.

“Wow, she looks stunning…” Dong-Min said and he looked approvingly at her.

Siwon hated this about those two. They copied EVERYTHING of him. If Siwon liked a girl, suddenly Dong-Min and Young-Jae liked her two.      

 “Yes she certainly does,” Young-Jae responded.

Siwon started to get angry. They really needed to shut up, he thought. He saw that the library girl was standing still, while her friend was already walking in their direction. “Come Yoon, it’s this way!” Siwon heard the friend of the girl yelling at her. A few seconds later the friend yelled: “Come on, Yoona! You can’t be late for your graduation!

Yoona, so that’s her name, Siwon thought. He never heard a name that beautiful before.  

I guess I would go and chat with her,” he remembered.

The girl was now one meter away from him.

“Hi,” Siwon heard himself say.

He saw how she looked at him, but then looked away again.

“Hey,” she responded.

This is going well, Siwon thought. But before he knew it, she had already walked away.

Hereafter, he felt terrible. She didn’t even wanted to talk to him. It looked like she walked away as fast a she could.

What if she’ll never like me, was all that went through Siwon’s head.