Yoona’s P.O.V

I'll Protect You

Yoona woke up from the little ray of sunlight that shined through her ocean blue curtains.  She stretched her legs and rubbed her eyes. Today was her BIG day; her graduation day! The four years of studying and hard work finally paid off. Even though her study wasn’t what you call exciting, Yoona was glad and thankful she had succeeded. Because of her art history study, she could finally open her own art gallery. That’s always been a big dream of her. Yoona walked to the windows and opened the curtains. The sun was just rising up, which made the sky pink and orange. There were birds singing and the sun already felt warm. This will be a beautiful day, Yoona thought.

When Yoona walked down the stairs she smelled a delicious aroma of pancakes. Sunny is probably already started with cooking.

“Good morning graduation candidate!” Sunny said when she saw Yoona standing in the kitchen.

“I made you some pancakes.”

“Sun, you really don’t need to…” started Yoona, but she couldn’t finish her sentence because Sunny interrupted her.

“No no, Yoona. We’ve already talked about this. You’re the centre of attention today, if you like it or not.”

Yoona looked at Sunny. Her sweet smile covered Yoona’s feeling of guilt. Which actually made no sense. Where should she feel guilty about, it her freaking graduation day!

“Yeah, I think you’re probably right,” Yoona said, and sat down at the breakfast table. Sunny was still cooking pancakes and she looked like a real cook.

“Are you excited for today?”she asked, while flipping over a pancake with cheese on it.

“Yes, I’m really excited!” Yoona answered with a big smile on her face.

“And have you already thought about Minho?”

When Yoona heard this she was shocked for a moment. I didn’t even thought about that, Yoona thought irritated.

“Yes yes,” she answered quickly, hoping Sunny wouldn’t go on about him. Yoona didn’t wanted to think about Minho. She never wanted to think about him ever again. That stupid bastard. After Minho admitted he cheated on her, he freaking left!! Without an apology or anything! He left her in the middle of an imported test week. Yoona hated Minho, she hated his rudeness. She hated HIM. And after all the pain and tears he gave her, he stood right in front of her last week. “Hi Yoona, how are you? Everything ok?” he said with a big smile. Yoona got sick of that picture.

“Yoona? Yoona!”

Sunny stood right in front of Yoona, with a worried look in her eyes.

“Are you okay?” she asked.

“ Yes, I’m fine. Just don’t mention Minho again ok?”

Sunny nodded and put a plate with pancakes on the table. “Well, let’s eat.”

 

 

 

Sunny and Yoona walked into the big building of the university.

“The graduation is in the big hall,” Yoona said, while she showed Sunny the way. After they put away their jackets, Yoona’s heart stopped beating. There HE was; Choi Siwon. The hottest guy she knew. His angel smile and handsome looks made him perfect. Perfect, but so out of Yoona’s reach.

“Where do we need to go?” Sunny asked.

“Uhm, uhh…” Yoona stuttered.

“Yoon, you know where the big hall is right?”

“Yes, pff, of course I know. It’s right over th….” Yoona couldn’t finish her sentence. They had to walk along Siwon. Yoona’s heart started to beat faster when she thought about that. Why was he even here, she thought. He wasn’t graduating, was he?

“Come Yoon, it’s this way!” Sunny yelled, who was already walking to the big hall. Yoona knew Siwon heard Sunny screaming her name. “Come on, Yoona! You can’t be late for your graduation!” Sunny yelled, who walked at least 3 meters in front of Yoona.

Sunny yelled it loud enough that Siwon could hear it. He stood against the wall in the hallway with two of his friends. Yoona walked slowly towards Sunny. Omg, she thought. Why does He need to be here?! And why does it seem like he gets more handsome every time I see him?

When Yoona passed Siwon and his friends, she tried not to look. “Hi,” she heard him say.

“Hey,” Yoona responded shy. She looked straight in his beautiful eyes. Oh, please don’t smile, she thought. But Siwon smiled at her. Yoona felt how her face went from normal to totally red, and she walked away to Sunny quickly.

“Who was that?” Sunny asked. Yoona’s face was still red like a tomato.

“Uh, nobody. Just somebody I know from a view classes.”

Yoona saw that Sunny looked unbelievably. “Just somebody you know?” was all she asked Yoona.

“Yes, just somebody. I…”

“Yoon, I know you. Never mind, tell me everything later,” Sunny said and winked.