Comforting Embrace

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

 

You were blinded by tears that hovered, and leaked past your cheek. You wanted to run to your mother’s arms and embrace her tight or at least your teddy bear at home, crying until your lungs collapse. But it’s impossible now, not with all these rich and vain people around. Not with them watching for the news about your life.

You are trapped and have to put on a cold mask.

“~~~~-ah,” Yunho repeated, his handsome face creased with worry. He shook your arm once again.

Now you really saw him. “I don’t care!!!! I mean…. What?”

His face cringed to confusion. “Is there something wrong?”

“No.” You answered too quickly.

He seems to know what was on your mind. “There is something wrong, you know you can tell me angel.”

You wanted to snap him and yell ‘STOP CALLING ME ANGEL!’, but you realized Yunho has nothing to do with your emotions right now. Instead, you headed towards the doors where Tiffany and Jaejoong walked out unnoticed. The doors swung close when you reached it, but you continued to walk pass it and out the parking lot.

Jaejoong’s car was already missing.

You turned around and went smack to Yunho’s chest. You didn’t move. A few tears escaped your eyes and escalated to whimpers until you were sobbing unstoppably. Yunho placed his arms around you comfortingly and didn’t say a word.

After a few minutes of being wrapped around Yunho’s arms that warmed you despite the frosty chill, you pulled away from the boy you just met a few hours ago.

“I’m sorry… I’m being overboard.” You choked.

He didn’t speak but scanned you with interest. “Was it Jaejoong you were looking for?”

You couldn’t mask the threatening emotions, emotions you couldn’t be entirely sure anymore if it’s just something else or if it’s already jealousy, so you said nothing.

Yunho arched an eyebrow. “Were you crying because Jaejoong left with Tiffany?”

“No!” You blurted.

Yunho crossed his arms. “So what were you crying for?” He dared.

There was something dark about Yunho that made you want to play with fire. “I was just crying because Jaejoong didn’t even tell me he was leaving! I have no car!” You argued.

“Ha, you were jealous. I can tell.” He said smugly.

You wanted to fight back but you bit your lip and laughed shakily instead. Yunho was offering comfort in an invisible way, in a way he doesn’t know but you do.

“I could drive you home.” Yunho said but it sounded like a question in a mischievous way.

You hesitated for a while but since you have no other options beside a ride with Max Changmin, a ride with Yunho may be safer. “Okay, I’ll just get my bag.”

You headed inside the party again and took your pouch bag. You wonder why no one else reacted that Jaejoong was gone already. Hasn’t anyone noticed the boy who launched the party headed somewhere else?

Somewhere alone with Tiffany.