Kindness

Married to Mr. Arrogant

 

You unlocked the padlock and hopped in your bike. You were driving for the exit gate when a group of girls started flashing their cameras to take a picture of you. You tried to cover your face with a hand but then you lost control of the bike and bumped the gate. You were thrown beside it, and the girls took more pictures of you in your knees, laughed and cat walked away.

                “Look at this pic, I’ll post it in Facebook later!” A girl garbled to them.

                You got up and pick your bike; the front tire was slashed openly flat. Aw can’t this day get any more worse?

                Your knee hurt as you limped out the gate; you walked your bike not more than a meter when blood started pulsing down your leg. You observed it and saw a few deep cuts on your knee.

                You bit your lip and took out your phone, you dialed Sunny but she didn’t answer and so did Lorraine’s phone. Your broken nose began to ache once again.

                Jaejoong saw you inside his car as you limped to push your bike forward. Not again. He pulled slowly beside you and the window rolled down. “~~~~-ah,” He called with his velvet voice.

                You jumped and fell down again taking your bike with your fall. He got out and was handing out his hand in a flash. You took his strong hand and was pulled up swiftly. He took your bike and eyed your bleeding leg, his eyes rested in your face.

                “Your nose is bleeding.” He said monotonously.

                You wiped your nose with the back of your hand but it mulled around your face. He took out his handkerchief and handed it to you. You wiped the blood clean and handed it back.

                “You could plan to laundry it.” He said apathetically. You frowned, keeping to yourself that you don’t know how to laundry. “What happened to you?” He asked. It didn’t sound concern but rather dull.

                “I was spanked by the school’s front door. Girls started taking pictures of me so I fell down and scrapped my knees and flattened my bike’s tire. Then I tried to call my friends for rescue but the operator kept saying ‘sorry the number you dialed is busy, please call again later.’ You babbled animatedly and by the time you finished, you were catching your breath.

                Ghastly he carried your bike and placed it at the backseat of his car. “Come inside, I’ll drive you home.”

                When you reached the house, Jaejoong took the first-aid kit from the panic room— a room you always marvel what for. He pushed you down the couch and sat down on a foot stool and wore his glasses. Jaejoong doesn’t look like a geek in glasses but rather more handsome-looking. You bit your tongue.

 He took out your shoes and socks and treated your wounds in silent concentration. His tongue would seldom come out and his lower lip in a funny way.

                Knowingly, he placed cold compress in your nose and you held it securely. He made you a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows. You took a sip and stared at the serene face beside you. He met your stare.

                “Thank you Jaejoong.” You bowed.

                He nodded once before taking a sip of his drink.

                This guy is so mysterious. Why is that?

                “Uhm, Jaejoong…. Why are you always silent and strange?” Your hand on the mug shook a little but you steadied it.

                He looked at you through his lashes, and your heart skipped a beat. He measured you face for a long time. “Because…. I can’t trust people right away.” He admitted sincerely.

                Before you could ask more, he stood up and placed his mug in the dishwasher. “There’s a company party that I’ll be holding in a hotel after school tomorrow. I will finally introduce you as my wife to all the investors and employees of the company. It’s an important party and my cousin Yunho Jung; a member of the DBSK will be there from America. You know the DBSK already right?” He spoke formally.

                “Yeah I do.” They’re the cool dudes who actually fought over me! But who’s Yunho Jung?