Chapter 22

Missing

                Terrah and King slowly walked into the compound, the freezer was wide open and the passageway was open as well. She didn’t speak but motioned for King to follow her into the passage way. He instinctively un-snapped the holster for his gun and kept his hand on it as they made their way down the staircase.

                At the bottom of the stairs, both the doors to the cell and to the storage room were wide open. The remaining contents of the cell, that hadn’t been taken as evidence, were thrown all over as well as some of the junk from the pile. King quickly checked the cell. “It’s clear but why is it a mess like this? I’m pretty sure that the evidence people would not have done this.” Terrah nodded and took a deep breath “Come this way.” She said as she went out through the storage area.

                King kept his hand on his gun as Terrah stood there in disbelief. Everything was thrown around the storage area too. Any remaining electronics not taken in had been smashed. “What the hell happened here?” Terrah said as she quickly headed towards the stairs with King in tow.

                At the top of the stairs, there was no one around. The compound seemed like it was abandoned. She quickly checked all of the living areas on the level, finding no one. There was evidence that the people who lived there had quickly packed up minimal belongings and left in a hurry. They went to check the public areas and no one was hiding in there either.

                Soon the only place left to check was the section she had lived in. Rens desk was torn apart and papers were everywhere. The door to his room was lying on the floor. His room had been ransacked as well. The room she had been given was messed up as well. Hoon and the twins rooms were untouched. Hoon’s room had his personal stuff missing but it appeared as if he had packed them and left on his own. Nothing was missing from the twins’ room.

                She led King into the living area. It had been stripped of illegal electronics and things were thrown all over as well. “How come they tore apart this area, but not any of the other people’s living areas?” Terrah shrugged her shoulders as she headed towards Jonghyun’s door. “The others didn’t have any idea what was happening. This is Jonghyun’s room, also the room I stayed in for a couple nights.” King nodded as he followed behind her with his hand ready on his gun.

                Terrah tried to open the door but it was locked. King immediately pulled his gun out and pointed it at the door, nodding. She kicked the door open and King went in before her. The room wasn’t touched. She laid on the floor and looked under the bed, only Jonghyun’s stuffed fox Key was there, he wouldn’t have left voluntarily without it. King quickly opened the wardrobe, in case someone was hiding in there, it was also empty. “Why was the door locked if no one is here?” He asked as he put his gun down.

                She pointed at the closed bathroom door. “That’s a bathroom. The door is usually open.” King held his gun back up again as Terrah reached for the door handle. She slowly turned it. It was locked too. She heard some shuffling from the other side of the door and what sounded like the shower curtain closing slowly. Terrah looked back at King who nodded that he was ready.

                She kicked the door open and King went in first again. She heard two familiar screams as well as a third angrier one. Then suddenly King was sprayed in the face with hairspray causing him to drop his gun. Terrah was suddenly excited. “Heechul-ssi!! Youngmin, Kwangmin!! Calm down!” She yelled at them before Heechul could attack King.

                The twins both jumped out from behind the shower curtain and immediately hugged her at the same time. “Terrah!! We were so scared!” Kwangmin yelled as he started crying. “We thought they would get us!” Youngmin said as he hugged her tighter. Heechul was helping wash Kings face off at the sink.

                “We saw the compound. No one is here, just you three. What happened here?” Heechul sighed as he handed King a towel. “A few hours after you left, it must have been around 6am or something, a bunch of people came in following a man that Jonghyun seemed to know. The men all went down into that hidden passage thing as the man yelled at Jonghyun. Then he started telling everyone to evacuate immediately. The twins saw the men destroying all the things in storage and came to find me. I brought them here to ask Jonghyun what was happening but he wasn’t here. Then we heard people tearing up Ren’s desk and breaking into his room so I hid the twins in here. They must have found what they were looking for because they never even tried to break down the door here like they did with Ren’s door.”

                Terrah nodded. “I will need you three to come in for questioning. Heechul-ssi, would you be able to remember the man’s face?” Heechul nodded as he helped tear the twins away from her. King finally was able to see properly again but his eyes were all red now. “Do you know what happened to Jonghyun?” he asked as he blinked a few times. The three of them shook their heads.

                Terrah drove them all back to the BTSA since King’s eyes were still watering. Kwangmin had grabbed the stuffed fox and was clinging to it. They reached Woosang and Terrah explained what she saw at the compound. He immediately took Heechul to get his memories downloaded to identify the man. The twins were questioned as well and after they were found to know nothing, Terrah put them under Daniels protection.

                She regrouped with Woosang in the conference room and started to go over the translated data from Daniel and Heechuls scans. As she was waiting for Heechuls data to render into video, she looked over at Woosang who was watching a bit of Daniel’s pre-kidnapping data. “Did they find Wooyoung?” Woosang shook his head. “The laundry mat seems to have been closed for the past three days.” Terrah sighed “So since Amber went missing?” Woosang nodded. “Rasa told me that officers E.Den, J.Hyo, Jun and AO are searching for him as we speak. He is leaving King here for our use. I have him keeping Ren company right now.”

                Heechuls video finally rendered into watchable data, usually the data techs would go through everything and then report back on it but since they were in a hurry, she was the first to see Heechuls data.

                She watched in fast forward as the twins suddenly came running into Heechuls room as he was getting dressed for the day. Then the three of them ran towards the entrance and Heechul could see Jonghyun talking to a blonde man who was about the same height as him, but he was wearing black heeled shoes that made him quite a bit taller. Terrah put the video into regular speed and tried to hear if Heechul was able to hear any of their conversation. All she could hear was people yelling at the others to quickly pack their things and leave before they got hurt. The man turned to look towards Heechul and the twins general direction, but not directly at them. Terrah paused the video and screenshot it.

                She sent the video through facial recognition as she turned the screen towards Woosang. She was pretty positive about his identity but he had heavy eye makeup on as well as some outlandish clothes, all in black with some feathers and chains sticking out. “Woosang, this is Jo Kwon right? He doesn’t seem all that invisible as a person.” Woosang looked at the screen and paused Daniels video on a still of Jo Kwon. He had brown hair and was dressed in regular 20th century street clothes. “Yeah, that’s him all right. Where would someone who dresses like that even hide?” As if to confirm them, the facial recognition came back with Jo Kwon’s school records and his BTSA ID photo taken before his first mission.

                King slowly stuck his head into the room. “Any breaks in the case?” Woosang minimized his screen on habit as the officer walked into the room and looked at the screens in the air. “That guy looks like he belongs in LC9’s underground district. The richer part too.” Terrah looked at him confused. “I thought the Yeo family is the only rich people left?” He nodded and sat down. “They are the only legally rich family. The others all deal in illegal businesses like fight clubs, ion or smuggling. They tend to dress like that to set themselves apart from the thugs and gangsters who work under them. We are too underfunded to go after them.” He explained as he admired the table and the digital screens in the air.

                Woosang nodded. “Terrah, did Heechul see if Jonghyun actually left with him or if he was taken?” She played the video in fast forwards again. Heechul watched Jonghyun and Jo Kwon yelling at each other as they headed towards the freezer. Instead of following them, Heechul ushered the twins towards Jonghyun’s room. She put it in regular speed to hear what they were saying to each other. Heechul was explaining that they were going to wait for Jonghyun in his room to come explain what was happening. Not long after they got into the living area, they heard the desk being smashed in the hall and then the sound of doors being kicked down.

                Heechul immediately pushed the two scared twins into Jonghyun’s room and locked the door behind them. The twins sat on the bed nervously as Heechul was listening at the door. He suddenly heard Jonghyun’s voice and his voice sounded off, like his lip was swollen or something. There was another voice yelling at him. “Who let Daniel out?! Where is Ren?! Why won’t you tell me?” There was a slapping sound.

                Heechul whispered to the twins to hurry and get into the bathroom. The twins did as they were told. There was a lot of crashing noises and slapping sounds. He heard someone touch the door knob and heard Jonghyun yell “Stop hitting me and I will tell you!” before he ran into the bathroom and locked himself in with the twins. There wasn’t any more useful audio and she fast forwarded till she saw King burst in.

                Terrah groaned and covered her face. “Jo Kwon took Jonghyun with him and Wooyoung has been missing for a couple days. This guy is bothering me…” Woosang sighed and nodded in agreement as he rubbed his forehead. King shrugged his shoulders. “Let’s go check the LC9 underground? We can ask around and get attention to ourselves. Wouldn’t that cause him to come out or at least try to send someone after us? Then we capture that person.”

                Woosang pointed at him confused. “Why are you LC9 officers so lowly ranked? You guys are actually good at your jobs.” King ruffled up his dark hair and shrugged his shoulders again. “I try my best.” Terrah stood up and hugged the younger officer, looking at Woosang. “Should we go undercover or let people know we are officers?” Woosang smiled at King. “He knows more about it than I do. Just hurry up and start searching.”

                Terrah and King headed towards the exit of the building when they were stopped by a professor. He smiled at Terrah. “Oh Terrah, I see you are back on a mission.” He looked King up and down. “Or are you babysitting some officer? Don’t tell me that you got arrested on your undercover mission!” She glared at him. “Professor Stout…” The small man smiled at her again. “You still haven’t been promoted?” She sighed and smiled at him politely. “I prefer working in the field instead of teaching.” He nodded. “Sangsoo got promoted but not you. You both graduated together didn’t you? I remember when you two were the hottest topic on campus. It’s such a pity that agents can’t have relationships. If you got promoted to being an Admiral like me, you two could finally get married.”

                King was even starting to be bothered by this older man. Terrah closed her eyes. “Admirals are only overly glorified teachers. Some of which, including yourself, have never actually been in the field or even time travelled yourselves. Now if you will excuse me I have some actual important work to do. Catching real criminals, come on King.”

                Suddenly a student yelled from the way they had come from. “Ms. Terrah! Commander Sangsoo would like you to take Ren with you.” Terrah nodded as she saw Ren coming down the hallway, messing with a spot on his wrist. Ren smiled at the older professor and looked back at Terrah. “They put something in my wrist.” She nodded and laughed a bit at the Professor who messed with his tie awkwardly at the sight of Ren and walked away. “That’s so if you run away we can find you.” Ren nodded and followed them out to the car.

                Inside the car King explained what he thought would be the best plan. “We should go under cover in the underground and say we are searching for Jo Kwon.” Ren shook his head. “You don’t search for Jo Kwon. You make him want to find you. He is a regular at some of the night clubs and his people are regulars at this one fight club.” Terrah nodded. “Ren, do you think he would know who I am?” Ren shrugged his shoulders. King nodded. “He probably would, considering he’s a former agent. I wasn’t even in the Time Agent program and we all knew who you were, well your name anyways.” She nodded. “I will need a disguise then. Let’s go to my house and think of a more detailed plan.” Both boys nodded in agreement as she drove them to her house.