Chapter 15

Missing

                Jonghyun smiled sweetly at Terrah grabbing his hand and looked around the room. “I will have to go to the other room to get you another one.” She resisted the urge to burst out laughing and put on a sleepy smile. She tugged on his arm lightly and he sat on the edge of the bed. “You did say that you would be my pillow anytime right?” The only light in the room was coming through the open door and even with just that, she could see he was blushing.

                He slid his shoes off and gently climbed into the bed, staying on top of the blankets. Terrah lifted the blankets up and laughed a bit. Jonghyun may be confident when it comes to his flirting, but he was awkward when being flirted with. It was pretty cute. “Sleep in here with me tonight? I promise I won’t try to kill you this time.” He chuckled a bit and climbed under the dinosaur print blankets, lying down next to her on his back. “Promise?”

                Terrah nodded as he turned to look at her. She suddenly sat up. “Hold on a second.” She got out of the bed and went to the wardrobe and found a pair of her pajama pants. “I can’t sleep in jeans…” she smiled at him and went into the bathroom and changed into her pajamas. She stared in the mirror and laughed a bit. “I can do this… Just remember that I am gathering information.” She took a deep breath. It was going to be the first time that she would be close like this with someone who wasn’t Woosang in over 6 months, but this time it was for work. She needed information.

                She went back into the room and Jonghyun hadn’t moved except to make himself more comfortable. After closing the door, she crawled back into the bed and Jonghyun lifted the blankets for her. Terrah smiled as she got under the covers. The blankets were already warm from his body heat and he felt a bit awkward, like he wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

                The room was pitch black and silent. So Terrah knew that he would be overly conscious of where she was. She left a few centimeters of space between her and Jonghyun and she could hear his breathing change to being more shallow breaths, almost like he was holding it in. She closed the gap and gently touched his bare arm that was closest to her. He had goose bumps and he suddenly paused his breathing. She ran her hand up his arm to his shoulder and rested her head on it. “Thank you.” She whispered.

                She felt him turn his head towards her. “For what?” he asked confused, forgetting the awkwardness. She scooted closer to him and moved his arm so it was around her. “For taking care of me.” He gently wrapped his arm around her, cradling her back and resting his hand on her hip. “I haven’t really done anything.” Terrah rested her head on his chest and she could hear his heart beat speed up a bit. “I feel safe with you.” She said, telling him what she thought he would want to hear. She put her arm on his chest and could feel his muscles under his shirt.

                Jonghyun let out a small sigh and brought his other hand over to cover her hand on his chest. “I’m glad.” She entwined her fingers with his. They were silent for a moment, Terrah was planning to wait till he was a bit sleepier so he would answer easier, but he didn’t seem to be getting sleepy. Suddenly he took a deep breath and asked “So, did you sleep like this with Hoony last night?”

                She shook her head. “No, there was a lot of space between us. He was asleep first.” She felt his chest relax a little. “I see.” He whispered and she felt his fingers grip hers a little bit more before relaxing again. She decided to ask him something before he decided to follow his train of thought. “Do you think Ren is ok? He still hasn’t come back…”

                He sighed a bit. “I hope so. He usually doesn’t stay away this long, even when he goes to see Kwon.” Terrah decided to play with Jonghyun’s fingers as she kept the conversation going. “How did you meet this Kwon guy?” He played with her fingers as well and pulled her closer against him. “I used to work at a laundry mat, the one that Wooyoung works at, and he came in one day asking if we needed any parts to our antique machines. Then we started talking and he told me that his family member died and left him with a huge collection of unused 20th century things. Then we started talking from there. Then eventually this happened.”

                She sighed and pretended to be getting sleepy. “I see. Then how does he know Ren and Amber?” Jonghyun just shrugged his shoulders. “I never asked.” She turned her face up to look at his, now that her eyes could make out shapes in the dark. His eyes were closed and she could make out a faint smile. He was really falling for her and she could tell. “Ren and Amber are quite weird aren’t they?” she asked quietly, studying his face to see if he was actually close to falling asleep or was just trying. He opened his eyes and smiled at her, flashing his teeth. “Yeah… They are.” He closed the small gap between their faces, connecting their lips gently.

                Terrah went with it even though she felt bad about using him. She didn’t initiate the kiss, he did. She should have predicted that coming. She gently kissed him back and pulled her face away and rested her head back on his chest and pointed her face downwards. He would take this action as she was embarrassed, when she really was just trying to keep him from kissing her again. She didn’t need to be that close to him as of yet. He was giving her information as is.

                His heart was thumping against his chest louder than before. She pulled her hand out of Jonghyuns and brought it close to her own face and started spelling things out with her finger on his side. She had spelled ‘Don’t fall for me’ but she knew that Jonghyun wouldn’t know it. He probably just thought she was drawing random shapes.

                Suddenly she felt her shoulder throb. Her bruised shoulder was the one she was lying on. She let out a sharp sigh and Jonghyun looked down at her confused as she rolled over onto her back. “What’s wrong? Do you still hurt?” He asked suddenly worried. She took a deep breath and nodded. “Only when I lay on it… It doesn’t hurt like this.”

                Jonghyun nodded and suddenly rolled onto his side and put an arm over Terrah’s stomach and rested his head on the pillow in the space between her shoulder and her head. “Then I will be your heater instead of your pillow.” She just nodded silently.

                She had dealt with this before in her job and she always felt bad, but this time she felt guilty as well. Jonghyun was a naïve and bright person. She didn’t want to break him. At least with Hoon, he is well aware of how the world works, Jonghyun on the other hand, isn’t quite aware of how cruel the world could be. She pushed the thought away and tried to make a mental note to talk about this later with Sehun.

                Soon, Jonghyun had fallen asleep and she was getting sleepy from his warmth. Terrah studied his sleeping face and he looked even more innocent in his sleep than he did while awake. She was trying to find something about him that made him deserve having to deal with being a victim of her mission. She couldn’t find one and she soon fell asleep while staring at his face.

                In the morning, she woke up and he was still asleep next to her with his arm over her. She sighed and he slowly opened his eyes. Jonghyun sleepily smiled at her and rubbed his eyes with his hand that was on her stomach. “Good Morning.” He said in a husky half-asleep voice. Terrah blinked a couple times and came to her senses. She was working. No time to think things about husky morning voices. She closed her eyes again and rubbed her own eyes.

                Suddenly Jonghyun kissed her bruised shoulder gently and grinned at her. Now all the guilt she felt before falling asleep came back again. She took a deep breath and pushed those feelings down and smiled at him. “Good morning.”

                She sat up and Jonghyun started laughing. She looked at him confused. “Your hair is a mess.” He said as he sat up and tried to smooth it down. She didn’t normally sleep on her back so her head must have been turning all night. He kept laughing so she reached out and messed up his hair. “Now you can’t laugh at me!” She said laughing at his hair being poofed up all over.

                The bedroom door flew open and Hoon came in with Thunder following behind. “Jonghyun! Ren is back!” Hoon said not even phased by seeing Terrah and Jonghyun. Jonghyun quickly got out of the bed while fixing his hair and left the room to see Ren.

                Thunder stared at Terrah astonished and pointed at her and then at the direction Jonghyun went. She just shook her head no. He nodded awkwardly and left the room, going after Jonghyun and Hoon.

                Terrah sighed and went into the bathroom to fix her hair. It had knotted up in the back of her head. The fact her hair was bleached made it easier to untangle and she quickly changed her clothes and went to find where Ren was.

                Ren was sitting in his desk as if he had never left. Thunder now felt awkward because the blonde boy kept glaring at him. He apparently came back to find him sitting at his desk. Jonghyun was now explaining why Thunder was there. Ren saw Terrah come out of the common area and smirked at her. “It seemed that a lot has happened while I was away.” He said while glancing towards Jonghyun.

                Terrah could tell that Ren had found where Amber was because the fear he had when she came back was gone, which meant he knows what happened with the attack. She smiled back “You have no idea.” She glanced down at the desk drawers. Ren had a stare down with her until she suddenly asked “Did you find Amber?”

                Ren nodded and everyone looked shocked except for Terrah. “I did. Apparently she was taken by one of the guys who attacked you but she escaped and made her way to Kwon’s house. That’s why she didn’t come back for you.” Terrah appreciated how good of a liar he was and pretended to believe him like the rest. Jonghyun, Hoon and Thunder looked relieved at the news.

                Jonghyun suddenly looked over at Hoon and Thunder. “Guys, let’s go tell everyone about Amber’s condition.” They nodded and left. Jonghyun looked at Ren. “Ren, I know you just got here but we aren’t supposed to leave Terrah by herself because of her injuries, will you stay with her while I go let people know that Amber is alright?”

                Terrah and Ren locked eyes again. The blonde boy smiled and nodded. “It will be my pleasure.”