Chapter 17

Missing

                Terrah and Thunder made their way towards the fridge and saw Hoon about to open the door to get some food for the kitchen. Terrah smiled at him. “We came to see if we could pick the lock inside the fridge.” Thunder smiled excitedly as Hoon laughed at them. “Do you guys know how?” She shrugged her shoulders as the three of them went inside. “We will just have to find out!”

                Hoon started looking at the labels on the food while Thunder stared at the exposed keyhole. “The coat is missing that was covering it.” Terrah crouched down to eye level with the lock and shrugged her shoulders. “Hoony, did anyone take it?” He shook his head as he continued to check labels. Thunder started searching the shelves for the missing coat.

                She pulled some lock picks out of her shoe and was about to fiddle with the lock when there was a loud compressed air sound. Both boys looked at her. “Terrah! Did you break the fridge?!” Hoon asked in a panic but he shut up when the wall went back a few inches and started to slide to the side.

                The three of them stared in awe as Ren was standing there wearing the missing coat and holding a cardboard box. He jumped a bit at seeing them and Terrah heard a metal clinking sound from the box. Thunder pointed at the blonde boy. “Why are you inside the wall?!”

                Hoon quickly grabbed Terrah’s arm and pulled her behind him when Ren glared at her. The blonde boy scoffed at them and touched the wall next to where he was standing. There was a beep and the door quickly slid shut again. Terrah could have made it in there if Hoon hadn’t pulled her back, but this would make them distrust Ren even more than before, which was good for her.

                Terrah went back in front of the lock and looked into the keyhole. She couldn’t see through to the other side. She did see a shimmering surface inside that she didn’t notice last time and she groaned out loud. “This is a modern lock. I can’t pick it. It needs a holo-key.” Thunder nodded. “I will go find Jonghyun and tell him what we saw!” He ran out and left Hoon and Terrah alone in the fridge.

                Hoon crouched down next to her “How can you tell?” She pointed at the key hole. “The inside shimmers when you look at it.” He leaned in a bit closer to her to put his eye near the hole in the wall and tried to see the shimmer. “Oh! I see it!” he said as he smiled at her.

                Jonghyun and Thunder came running back into the fridge, scaring Hoon. Terrah stood up and smiled awkwardly at them. “He hasn’t come back out yet.” The boys all nodded at her. “So the wall really opened?” Jonghyun asked as he curiously came and looked into the keyhole where Hoon was looking. “Oh it’s sparkly inside there!” Terrah laughed and put her hand on the older boys shoulder. “That’s why it needs a holo-key. Do you think there is another exit?” She asked knowing full well that none of them knew the answer.

                The leader thought for a moment. “There shouldn’t be anything behind this wall besides rock. There are no rooms or anything on the blueprints back that way. We are too close to the exit and there aren’t any other ways out of here besides the two entrances.” Terrah sat on the floor and crossed her arms. “Well then I guess there’s nothing to do besides wait for him to come out.”

                Thunder and Jonghyun were about to sit down next to her when Hoon laughed at them. “Well, there is no reason to wait inside the fridge where it’s cold. You could wait in the dining area or by the exit. Those are the only two directions he can go right?” Jonghyun agreed. “Thunder, you wait in front of the door to the outside and me and Terrah will wait in the dining area. Hoony, you can go back to working since everyone is probably getting hungry.” Hoon nodded and went back to getting the food he needed as Thunder left to fridge to go stand by the door leading to the desert.

                Terrah followed Jonghyun back to the dining area and they sat at the table closest to the hallway so they could see who was coming or going. After a few minutes of nothing happening, Heechul came up to them. “Have you guys seen my twins? They disappeared like an hour ago. I thought they would be with you Terrah.” He grabbed a bit of her hair and inspected it. She was used to him touching her hair when he saw her. It had been a week since he colored it and was probably trying to check the roots or something.

                She smiled and shook her head. “I haven’t seen them since they left to go see you.” The older male growled a bit. “I hate when they run away from me…” Jonghyun grinned. “Did you check storage?” He shook his head and headed in the direction of the stairs.

                A few minutes later, Jonghyun had stopped looking for Ren to come down the hallway and had turned his attention to Terrah instead. She could feel him staring at her and she smiled at him. “We are supposed to be looking for Ren.” Terrah said laughing a bit. He smiled sweetly at her. “I prefer looking at you.” Terrah rolled her eyes and smiled back at him. Suddenly she noticed one of the twins walking past.

                “Yah! Kwangmin!!” She yelled, startling Jonghyun who turned to look. The twin came walking over to them grumpily. Jonghyun noticed. “What’s wrong?” the leader asked the younger boy. Kwangmin plopped down angrily. “Ren just yelled at me and Youngmin for heading down into storage, then Heechul found us as we were coming back up and yelled at us for ditching him. We got yelled at twice…”

                Terrah and Jonghyun looked at each other shocked as Kwangmin kept complaining about what Heechul was making them do. She suddenly stood up and started running towards storage as Jonghyun yelled for Thunder to come follow them. Kwangmin had no idea what was happening but followed after them anyways.

                Terrah easily made it to the storage level before the boys did. She didn’t spot Ren anywhere as she checked the entire floor. The boys met up with her as she was searching around the pile of junk. “I don’t see where he could have come from…” she said sighing and sitting down on the ground.

                Kwangmin was panting as if he had just run a marathon. “He was standing near the pile when we came down.” He sat down on the ground and grabbed his chest with one hand. “He was wearing a coat and kicking some of the junk.” Terrah looked over the pile carefully. “What junk was he kicking?”

                The younger boy pointed “He was kicking near the couple computer monitors.” Terrah started looking around near the monitors, which was the base of the tallest part of the pile, against the wall. She tried to pull one out but it wouldn’t budge. Jonghyun had finally caught his breath and noticed she couldn’t move it. He laughed a bit. “Here, I got it.” She moved out of the way and laughed as he couldn’t move it at all either. “Why won’t it move? Monitors have never been this heavy…”

                Thunder came running in with Hoon following behind. “What’s going on?” Jonghyun explained to the two of them as Terrah kept investigating the monitors in the pile. “These are welded together! Same with some of the other stuff, they are all stuck together.” Kwangmin looked at Terrah confused. “Why would someone weld together old junk like that?” She shrugged her shoulders and sat down next to him. “Now what do we do? Did anyone go find Ren?”

                Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. Kwangmin suddenly got up and ran to the stairs and yelled “Heechul-sunbaenim!!” on top of his lungs. In a few moments Youngmin was at the top of the stairs. “He wants to know what you want.” He said laughing down the stairs. “Ask him to go find Ren and get him into the hair salon.” Youngmin immediately knew what Kwangmin was planning and ran back to find Heechul.

                Kwangmin came back to the others. “We should interrogate him don’t you think? Heechul is very good at keeping people where they don’t want to be.” No one disagreed with him about Heechul. Terrah smiled a bit to herself. It has been a while since she has had to properly interrogate someone.