Star Drops

A Starlight Song
"let's meet this evening. you know where to go my starlight. ^.^ 
 
After reading this text message from Jinyoung, Gongchan knew instantly where he wants to meet up with him.
 
Their usual meeting place before, under the huge bridge by the river.
 
His heart thuds loudly inside his chest as he roll over and over on his bed. He wants to know why Jinyoung suddenly disappeared, however, half of him says it's better not to know anymore but his other half says that he should know because he waited a long time for an explanation. Now is his chance to know everything. But first, he needs to go to school. He got up and went down to the living room and got ready for school.
 

 

"Why do you have to teach that troublesome guy? Because of him we could not hang out as often as before. He's so annoying!" Jiyeon exclaimed. She never approved of Chansik being chosen to be the peer tutor of Jinyoung.

Gongchan just smiled at his best friend. "Don't worry, once Hyung passed his exams, i will treat you to the theme park."

"Really!? Wow!! Do you promise??" Jiyeon's face flushed with bliss.

"I promise."

Jiyeon hugged her best friend so tightly he can barely breathe. Channie knew how Jiyeon wants to go with him on a popular theme park on the neighboring town. 

Soon after, he bade goodbye to Jiyeon at the school gate.

It's time for Jinyoung's lessons.

 


 

As Gongchan enetered the room, he saw that Jinyoung is already inside, sitting on one of the chairs near the window, the rays of setting sunlight danced on his face. 

"Hi Channie." said Jinyoung with a smirk.

Gongchan smiled at him. "So, are you ready? Today is the official start of our extreme studying." He sat opposite Jinyoung then he opened his bag and put books onto the table between them.

"Are you gonna be a hardworking teacher? Teacher Channie?" Jinyoung smiled at Channie.

"Depending on how obedient you will be."

After what happened yesterday, Gongchan seemed to be more confident being around with Jinyoung. It seemed like the tension between them lessened, but....... there's still a barrier between them, he wants to really know the reason why Jinyoung went away before.

Anyway, the two continued through their math lessons, Gongchan carefully explaining each concept and processes to the older. It turned out, Jinyoung is not a poor student.

"Tell me, you're not really dumb aren't you? You learn everything i teach you fastly. I guess you just don't want to study." said Gongchan with much curiosity on his face.

"Maybe yes, maybe not. Hahaha." replied the older while answering a problem in trigonometry.  

"I'm pretty confident that you will not fail in any upcoming exams. Hyung, FIGHTING! " the two of them laughed.
 
"Thank you Channie, if i'll pass,......... it's all because of you." Jinyoung flashed a bright smile at Channie.
 
Gongchan's face flushed, he felt jolts of electricity flowing through his body. He was very happy to hear that from his hyung. He felt a sudden urge to hug him, he wanted to feel his warm arms wrapped around his body just like before, but he knew that this time, it's not the same. Half of his mind is telling him that it is still no good if ever he'll know the truth, things had changed and he will never be the Jinyoung before who used to love him. The happiness in his heart was instantly replaced by grief as he thought of this.
 
"Channie? Channie? Hello? Are you ok?" Jinyoung asked. He stood up and got near Gongchan.
 
Channie snapped out of his thoughts. "Yes of course! Don't worry. Are you done?"
 
"Yes. Maybe we could just continue tomorrow, we've already studied enough for today, I guess."
 
"Okay, no problem. Let's go home." said Channie. In his mind, he's thinking: few hours left before they meet at the bridge.
 

 

The moon is shining brightly as Gongchan walk pass streets and houses on his way to the bridge. He felt his palms sweating and his heart beating fastly. He is very anxious about Jinyoung. He does not know what he wants to say to him. Few yards away from their meeting spot, Channie has already seen Jinyoung sitting with his legs crossed and he is looking up the bright evening sky.
 
Gongchan sat down beside Jinyoung.
 
"Oh, you're here. How's your day?"
 
"It's fine. Nothing special happened. How about you hyung?"
 
"Ahmmm... I'm waiting for a special thing to happen." Jinyoung flashed a vibrant smile at Gongchan. The latter smiled back uncomfortably. 
 
Gongchan sat down beside Jinyoung. He brought out snacks from his bag. "You must be hungry."
 
Jinyoung grabbed the corn chips and opened it. The sweet smell of corn enveloped the area. "You still know my favorite." 
 
"Of course." Gongchan's cheeks blushed.
 
Jinyoung munched on his chips. The grinding of chips in his mouth echoed through the silence of the night.
 
"Hyung,......" Gongchan pressed his lips together before speaking again. "Please tell me the reason why you left."
 
Jinyoung looked at Channie in the eyes. His face got nearer to Gongchan's. He drew his lips nearer to Chansik's.
 
Gongchan held back.
 
Jinyoung was surprised. He went back to his position and clasped the empty corn chips wrapper.
 
"Things are not like the way they used to be. Many things changed since you left." Gongchan said. He clasped his knees together and hugged them.
 
"I just wanted to kiss you right now....." Jinyoung's eyes looked down with sadness. "...because I'm afraid that if i told you everything I won't be able to kiss you again."
 
Gongchan looked at his hyung with a troubled face. "Why!? Can't you just tell me what happened!!!???" Gongchan snapped. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to shout at you hyung."
 
Jinyoung looked at the distant town lights. "I needed to go to America because that's what my father wants." Gongchan looked at Jinyoung blankly. "I went without telling you because I was afraid." Jinyoung's eyes became teary.
 
"Why were you afraid!!?? Didn't you think that I would understand!!?? Why are you always deciding for me!!?? Do you know how hard it was for me to wait for-"
 
"I am engaged." Jinyoung said flatly.
 
Gongchan was flabbergasted. His mouth left hanging with words he cannot utter anymore. His lips shivered. His heart raced and his chest ached.
 
"I'm sorry. I should have told you before. My father wanted me to go there to meet my arranged fiance and eventually get married there."
 
Gongchan somehow managed to recover slightly from shock. "What happened after?"
 
"I cannot... I cannot do it because of you. I can't marry someone I don't love." Jinyoung looked at Gongchan, tears flowed down his cheeks. "I escaped with the help of my friend. I went back here in Korea. My mom secretly gives me money for rent and food and school. I still don't know what father would do but as of now he's not yet doing anything except for beating my friend who helped me to pulp. When i got back i wanted more than anything else to be with you again but I'm afraid that you might suffer because of me, that my father would hurt you too. I cannot endure that! I don't want you to get hurt, never!" Jinyoung's voice grew shaky. "I want to escape this place with you. I want to go somewhere where there's only us and no one else."
 
Jinyoung cried on Gongchan's shoulder. Channie hugged him and cried as well.
 
"I'm sorry Hyung, I didn't know what you're going through."
 
Jinyoung wrapped his arms around Chansik and pressed his lips against his. The two kissed passionately under the dim moonlight. 
 
 
Gongchan opened his eyes. It's already dawn. He's lying down beside Jinyoung who is sound asleep. He looked at him and smiled. As he kissed Jinyoung's lips he felt all his troubles faded. He felt nothing but bliss when he's with him. He hugged his hyung and went back to sleep eventually.
 
From afar, a tall guy was a tall guy was standing with binoculars in his hands. 

"This becomes more interesting, Gongchan." he whispered.

 

 


 


I'm very sorry for the super late update, i hope you'll still read my story. Thank you guys!!!! >.<

I'll try my best to update more often. XD