Starlight

A Starlight Song

                              "He had forgotten."

                              After spending most of the night crying on his bed, Gongchan stood up and got ready for school. A huge smile was present on his face as he greeted his mother a good morning. The dining table was filled with breakfast delicacies like poached eggs, toasted bread, bananas, strawberry jam, etc. After eating, he took a bath and dressed up. He kissed his mom's forehead before leaving for school. The smile never escaped his beautiful lips.

                              'You can forget about him! Gongchan Shik, fighting!' he thought to himself as he made his way to school.


 

                               The students started walking out of the school, filling the atmosphere with voices and giggles and yells. Another school day had passed for them. Gongchan stayed on his seat and waited. He looked at the students and some teachers as they made their own ways to the school gate. The setting sun's orange light struck his face, making his eyes sparkle.

                                He stared continuously at the crowd of students and talked to himself.          

                              "There is always a reason to celebrate no matter how difficult your problems are Chansik!" he clenched his fist and did a 'fighting' gesture.

                                The room door swung open. Gongchan looked at its direction and saw Jinyoung standing there. His red hair covered portions of his left eye. His lips were pressed together. His look at Chansik was really sharp and focused. He walked slowly at the younger one's direction. Gongchan stared at him not showing any expression on his face and not even uttering a word until Jinyoung occupied the seat next to him.

                                 There was a long silence until Gongchan broke it.                                  

                                 "I'm glad you came this time. We have a lot of things that we need to catch up with because we weren't able to study yesterday." Gongchan brought out his books and notes with a plain, serious expression on his face. He wasn't even looking at Jinyoung.

                                   It's already 7 pm when Gongchan decided that they have studied enough for the day. The two walked out together. Nobody dared to say anything to one another. They were out of the school when Jinyoung filled in the silence between them.

                                    "Hey Channie, uuhhmmm.... let's have dinner together, is that okay with you?" he asked, there was a hint of guilt in his voice.                                      

                                     Gongchan was totally hesitant to go with him but he remebered that he did not eat anything since the afternoon shift until now. He was actually starving and it's still a long walk to his home.

                                     "Fine." Chansik said flatly, his eyes never met with Jinyoung's.                                      

                                      "Well then, let's go and eat some ramen."

                                      The two walked towards the nearest eatery from their school. Once again, they stayed silent the whole time.

                                      Soon after they have taken a seat on one of the tables, two bowls of hot ramen were served on their for them. Jinyoung inhaled the delicious scent of the food. He smiled, and Gongchan saw it. He looked away, his face blushed. He didn't want to see Jinyoung's smile, it would be harder to forget him, he thought.

                                     While the two were eating, Jinyoung started a conversation.

                                     "Hey Channie, how's Jiyeon?" he asked, as he noodles in his mouth.

                                    Gongchan shrieked. "She's fine."

                                    Jinyoung nodded. "Does she actually know me?" he asked curiously.

                                     "Everyone knows you in school."

                                    Jinyoung grunted. "Yeah I know, I'm known for being the hardest-headed student. AHHHHH... that just ! She would never like me." he scowled, dropping his chop sticks onto the bowl, but he did not mind them.

                                     Gongchan just stayed quiet. His bowl is already half empty.

                                     "Hey Channie, you two are very close, why didn't you like her? She's so pretty, smart, y, cute, she can sing, she can dance, she's perfect! How could you not possibly like her?" There was a huge amount of enthusiasm on his face as he uttered these words.

                                      Gongchan's hands clenched to fists. He put down his bowl and made a huge thump on the table. His teeth grinded each other. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then he stood up and carried his bag pack. He ran onto the dark streets and left Jinyoung behind.

                                      Jinyoung quickly followed Chansik. He panted as he caught up to the younger boy. He grabbed his arm and pulled him. They are now face to face to each other.

                                      "What's wrong with you!!!??" he yelled at Gongchan. He was surprised about how loud his voice was, he actually felt sorry for yelling at him.

                                       Gongchan gave him a death glare. "You're asking what's wrong with me!!??"

                                       He laughed hysterically. Jinyoung put up a puzzled look on his face, still holding Chansik's arm.

                                       "I should be the one asking you that! What's wrong with you!!??  How could you possibly forget me!!?? All those times we spent together, do you remember them!!?? You’re asking me why I don’t like Jiyeon!!?? You know why?? Because I LOVE YOU!! I STILL LOVE YOU!! I can’t imagine myself loving anyone else but you!! "

                                        Gongchan's eyes were now filled with tears. His sobs echoed through the dark and silent night.

                                        “I thought you feel the same way. But I was wrong. That was my first mistake.” He couldn’t fight his tears anymore. They fell down on his cheeks. His eyes were glued to Jinyoung’s face, as if asking for him to answer his questions.

                                           Jinyoung bowed down and released Gongchan's arm. "You don't understand."

                                           Chansik still continued to cry. "How could I understand if you won't tell me!!??" he yelled at him.  

                                          "It's too late now. I'll tell you tomorrow." Jinyoung lifted his head and looked at Gongchan's eyes. He touched Chansik's cheeks and then wiped his tears. Gongchan froze in his position. The feeling of Jinyoung's hands touching his face made him feel so happy yet so sad. The feeling was really great, it was comforting, the feeling that the one you love would strip away all your worries and loneliness, but it made him sad when he realized that Jinyoung made hin feel that he doesn't feel the same way for him and this feeling will not linger for a very long time. He cried a bit harder. The older guy continued wiping away his tears and staring at his eyes.

                                            "Let's skip studying tomorrow. I'll tell you what happened." Jinyoung said so quietly it was almost a whisper. He grabbed the back of Chansik's head and pulled his face near to his. Gongchan could feel the breath of Jinyoung on his face. He felt a bit awkward because their lips were very close now. The streets were still dark and empty, except for them. Only the bright moon and the stars gave light for them to see each other. Jinyoung pressed his lips against Gongchan's. The kiss didn't last very long, but Gongchan would definitely not forget that feeling that stayed on his lips. He started to doubt if he was dreaming or not. He stared at Jinyoung's beautiful face. Jinyoung smiled at him and pulled his body against his and hugged him tightly

                                           "I never forget you Channie. I want you to know that." Gongchan's eyes grew wide as he heard Jinyoung whispered these words in his ear.                

                                            'I WAS WRONG' he said to himself.

                                           They heard footsteps nearing them and a group of girls were making their way to the street where they are. Jinyoung released Chansik and grabbed his hand. Gongchan was still unable to react to what happened. He let Jinyoung pull him and they made their way to Chansik's house. Before he knew it, Jinyoung waved goodbye at him and he waved back unconsciously. He stared at Jinyoung and the older smiled at him, it was the happiest and sincerest smile he had ever seen in his life. 


 

                                                  Gongchan lied down in his bed. He couldn't sleep after all what happened. It seemed like all of them was a blur. One second Jinyoung was chasing him to the streets, then they yelled at each other, and then he cried, and then Jinyoung kissed him, then he hugged him, then they walked home, and then..... He smiled at him one last time before they parted. He slapped his face lightly thinking that he was dreaming, but he was not. He caressed his lips and thought about that moment when their lips touched each other. He felt a sudden thump in his chest, on his heart.

                                                 His stream of thoughts was interrupted by a sudden vibration beneath his pillow. It was his cellphone, somebody texted him.

                                                 He didn't want to check out who was it but he had a feeling that it was important and he needs to look at it. He pulled up his pillow and grabbed his cellphone. It read one message received. It was from Jinyoung. He sat up and opened the text message.

                                                 His heart started beating really really fast.

                                                 The message reads:  

                                       Good night Channie. Sleep well my starlight. ^^


 

Hello everyone! Tomorrow is my birthday,, subscribing and commenting on this would be a great gift for me,, thanks!! xD I’m sure that some of you may be confused on the sudden change of events and characters' attitudes. Well everything will be explained in the next chapter by Jinyoung so stay tuned for it. I really love both of them, they should be together, FOR REAL!!! hahahaha.. xD I hope you like this update. Please Keep Reading and Please Subscribe and Comment....^_^  Your subscriptions and comments are really helping me to be inspired to write this story,, thank you so much!! xD