A Star's Flare

A Starlight Song

                            Gongchan lied down on his bed. He was staring at the ceiling but his mind was thinking deeply. He can't erase in his memory what happened ealier before the class started. He bumped into Jinyoung.

                       "I couldn't believe I was that close to him." he whispered to himself. He felt his heart throb a lot faster. His face blushed as he thought of Jinyoung's face.

                       'He's an ANGEL'

                       A small smile formed on his lips. His eyes sparkled from the thought of Jinyoung.

                      "I hope he still remembers. Although I guess he does not remember anymore."

                     That was his last thought before falling asleep.

 

 


                             "Hello Gongchan!!!!"

                      Gongchan smiled at the girl near the school gate, waiting for him.

                      "Good morning Jiyeon." Gongchan greeted with his mesmerizing smile.

                      Jiyeon is Gongchan's best friend. Ever since they became high school students, they became so close to one another.

                     Jiyeon's big eyes brighten up as Gongchan approached her. She ran to him and cling on Gongchan's left arms.

                   "What's with you today? You always come first to school before me." asked Jiyeon as they entered the school gate.

                   "I stayed up late last night. I just can't fall asleep." Gongchan smiled at his pretty best friend.

                  "Oh really? Why? What were you thinking about? I bet you were thinking about me! hahaha!" Jiyeon teased and pinched Gongchan's left cheek with her free hand.

                  Gongchan just laughed. He knew that Jiyeon never looked at him as a friend. He knew that Jiyeon likes him. She wanted him to be her boyfriend. 

 

 


                      KRRRRRIIINNNGGG!!!!!!

               It's lunch time.

               The students headed out of their classrooms to eat lunch. 

            Gongchan made his way to the cafeteria. Almost everyone he encountered greeted him. He is that famous in their school. He had won almost all of the academic competitions he joined. He absolutetly is the most intelligent student in the campus. 

            'My uality will ruin my reputation. My feelings for Jinyoung will ruin my reputation.' he always thinks to himself.'

           He sat down on one of the empty seats in the cafeteria, waiting for Jiyeon to arrive. Jiyeon is always late for lunch because she always spends her time in the washroom retouching her makeup and fixing her long curly hair.

         Gongchan brought out his packed lunch which he made by himself. He was about to take a bite when suddenly he saw Jinyoung on the far end of the canteen. He was alone and he was eating only a sandwich and a can of softdrinks. He was busy munching on his sandwich that he didn't notice Gongchan staring at him.

           'I'm always like this. Contented with just taking a glimpse of him from time to time. I'm so stupid.'

          Gongchan's thoughts was interrupted by hands that covered his eyes.

          "Guees who!"

         "Jiyeon of course. Who else would it be?" teased Gongchan.

          Jiyeon sat opposite Gongchan. She brought out a small container with a slice of cake in it. Chocolate cake, Gongchan's favorite.

          "I made this for you!" Jiyeon handed the cake to Gongchan.

          "Oh thank you. What's the occasion?" asked Gongchan.

          "No. Nothing. I just want to give my very handsome best friend a gift for doing very well in his lessons." Jiyeon smiled and pinched both Gongchan's cheeks.

         "Thank you." Gongchan opened the container and took a bite of the cake. 

         'It was too sweet.' he thought to himself.

        "How is it?" asked Jiyeon enthusiastically with her hand crossed over her chest and with a wide smile on her face.

          Luckily, Gongchan is good at lying. He smiled back and pat the girl's head.

         "It was delicious. You should pursue culinary arts." said Gongchan. He hates hurting other people's feelings especially those who are close to him.

          "REALLY!!?? Thank you Chan-Chan!" Jiyeon clap her hands and the happiness in her smile was undeniable.

          "I should be the one thanking you." said Gongchan.

         As the two of them giggled and had fun together, Gongchan actually tries to take glimpses of Jinyoung. He saw how he finished eating and how he slouched back on his seat and close his eyes to take a nap.

        'He's so handsome.'

        A male student arrived and walked over near Jinyoung's table. He was holding a tray with a green smoothie on it. He pretended to lost balance and the green smoothie fell all over Jinyoung. The guy's name is Baro. The mortal enemy of Jinyoung. The two of them always fight either inside the school or  even outside after class.

        "Ooooohhh..... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. It stinks on this part of the cafeteria that's why my head ached and lost my balance. I wonder where that foul smell is coming from." Baro said sarcastically. All of the students looked at them. Everyone was eager to be entertained by a fistfight.

         Jinyoung's face flushed with anger. He stood up. His fists were clenched. He knew that he should not fight with Baro. The last time they fought in the classroom in front of their teacher almost expelled him. If he would be involved in another fight, he wouldn't be able to go back to school anymore. He controlled his temper. He headed towards the washroom ignoring Baro and the students.

           "Ya!! I apologized to you! Why is your face like that, huh?" Baro teased. He smiled sarcastically behind Jinyoung trying to control his laughter. "Are you sick Jinyoung? Why wouldn't you punch me on the face? Isn't that what you do always? Hurt people? You always make people dislike you! Even your own mom! HAHAHA." Baro continued.

          Gongchan stared in disbelief. He stood up. He grasped the edge of his seat, trying to control his anger against Baro. 

         'He's pushing Jinyoung to his limit. Don't give in Jinyoung, you'll be expelled if you do.'

         Baro was still laughing when a fist landed on his left cheek. He fell down on his . The students gasped in surprise. Some girls even screamed.

        The fist was Jinyoung's. He stood in front of the grunting Baro. He was panting from sudden rise of temeper. Tears are starting to form on Gongchan's eyes but he was fighting it.

             'Why Jinyoung? Why?' 

         Baro got up and punched Jinyoung back. The two of them exchanged blows. The students watched and shouted with excitement.

         After few seconds, one of the teachers arrived. It was professor Yesung. Gongchan's favorite teacher. He broke off the fight and led the two delinquents into the prefect of discipline's office.

       Gongchan headed out of the cafeteria.

      "Chan-Chan! Where are you going?" Jiyeon cried.

       Gongchan ignored her and rushed outside. He headed up the stairs and went to his favorte spot in their school, the rooftop. Where no one could hear him.

        He cried. Tears started flowing down his cheeks. 

        "WHAT ARE YOU DOING JINYOUNG-HYUNG!!?? You weren't like this before!! What are you doing to yourself!!??" Gongchan shouted. He can't control his feelings anymore. He felt so useless. He couldn't even help the person he loves.

       He wiped away his tears.     

       "I'm gonna help you. This nonsense glimpsing at you is over. I don't care if you remember what happened before or not. I will still help you. I LOVE YOU JUNG JINYOUNG~~`"

 

 

 


               Hello everyone who is reading and who will be reading my story. :)  I just finished this chapter, i hope that you will like this, the story is developing, i hope to be with you till the following parts of the story,, thank you!! xD please comment and subscribe,, :D