제 4 장

왜 날 말하지 않았어? (Why Didn't You Tell Me?)

We walked silently. We usually had tons to talk about, but we were being watched. We didn't want to be shipped together. We had enough of that in high school.. I elbowed him and he gave me a look. I mouthed, "Say something!" Sunggyu looked away for a moment before looking forward once again. "So.. Do you still walk around your dorm ?" Why. Just why. "Yah! Why would you ask that on television?!" I yelled before kicking him and walked on while he hopped around on one foot, clenching his shin. The cameramen laughed and Sunggyu glared at them. He jogged until he caught up with me. "I'm sorry," he spoke in a tone of which he knew I couldn't refuse his apology. Before I could speak, he grasped my hand tightly. I freaked out. On the inside of course. I acted cool and collected on my exterior. Sunggyu smirked, obviously thinking I would crack, but instead I acted like I was a little kid, holding hands with my best friend. That's all he was anyway, right? Sunggyu was taken aback by this, but laughed it off. "Let's act like a couple for the viewers, yes?" he looked at the cameramen as he said this. After receiving several thumbs up, he proceeded. "What?" I asked a bit too late. Sunggyu laced our fingers together and pulled me close. I tried not to blush, seen as how we were supposed to be acting. He rested his head on mine as his red hair glowed against my brown hair. He spoke in the cheesiest tone possible, "널 사랑해, 자기야~~" Oh. My. God. I tried not to have an irritated look on my face, so I smiled and played along. "나도 사랑해, 여보~~" I wanted to gag. He must be enjoying this..

 

We finally made it to the café. He's going to lose some teeth if he doesn't cut it out. I sat across from him at a small table. He ordered a coffee for himself and a milk tea for me since I don't like coffee. He asked if they would put whipped cream and white chocolate chips on top--my favourite. He seems to know me so well.. My expression became bright as he came back with the drinks. I reached out for my drink, but he snatched it away. "You seem happier to have the tea rather than see me," he gave that same no-eyes face. I laughed, staying in character. "Of course not! I'm always happy to see you." I took some of the cream off my tea and wiped it on his nose. "Silly." Sunggyu blinked, but then smirked. He was enjoying this. "Now gimme my tea," I demanded as I took it from him and happily sipped on it. "Mehrong!" I said sticking my tongue out. Sunggyu pretended to be irritated.

 

Finally, after a long two hours, the 'date' was over. He walked me back to my dorm without the cameramen on our tails. We chatted for a while. "What the heck was that whipped cream bit you pulled?" he mimicked me, "Silly~~" He stuck his finger in the air as if he was wiping something there. "Well what about you? That whole cheesy talk!" I made the same greasy face as he did. "Tch. You liked it," he snickered. "In your dreams." Sunggyu chuckled as he held my hand tightly, "You know you'll be there." I blushed slightly. What was he doing? What if someone saw us? I looked down. "Yah. Are your feet really that interesting?" First, he makes me blush; now, he makes me want to punch him in the face. "No, I'd just rather look at my shoes than your face. I don't want sore eyes," I laughed and ran ahead. He quickly started behind me, but I ran inside before he could catch up. My phone's ringtone alarmed. It was from Sunggyu. It read Yah! I'll get you tomorrow at the show! -_- and I replied with Wow! Daebak! You can text faster than you can run! Bravo! :3. Today was.. not so bad. I had fun at least. Sunggyu looked at the text and smiled before walking back to his dorm. What a day.

 

That night, I happened to sleep quite well. I had a dream, but.. I can only remember parts of it. It was like déjà vû all over the place. I shook it off and got ready for the show today. I sighed, feeling oddly down for no apparent reason. Why am I so upset? I drank some water and headed for my place on the set as we went through all of the introductions. The couples that were recently paired, were asked questions. Jonghun seemed.. happy with Sojin. I wish I could've been in her place.. It seemed as though they were selecting another pair. I wasn't really paying much attention, until they said my name. "What..?" Who did I just get paired with? Was is Gyu? I blinked as I look to my right, a man, close in my height, hooked his arm with mine as if he was courting me. I hadn't a chance to see his face, but I could see bright red hair out of the corner of my eye. It had to be Gyu, right? I looked over to the idols who had yet to be paired. There was Taeyeon, Onew, Victoria.. Before I could name them all in my head, I heard them call out the next pairing of the day, "Kim Sunggyu and Kim Taeyeon!" Wait what? But.. I looked up to the man that seemed identical to Sunggyu. Though, it was hard to make that kind of mistake. I was being courted by Jung Jinyoung. I wanted to jump for joy and cry at the same time. What about Gyu? But.. Jinyoung looks like he likes me, and he's my favourite male idol ever. Gah. This is really unfair.. I pouted before I remembered I was on air on a television relative show. So I grinned from ear to ear. This is the fakest smile I have ever made. I laughed to myself. 

 


Omfg. Sooooooo super sorry it took longer to write this.. I'm studying hard this year! Music is difficult, but you do that anyway better than me. XD Well.. GOODNIGHT. I'll write more today! ^*