Curiosity*

My Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day in school, another sign of reality. You wanted to disappear and forget reality for a while. It hurt you so much to think that your sweet, innocent younger sister was suffering from leukemia.

“She’s still so young!” you half shouted and stomped your foot on the ground, gaining looks from your schoolmates. You bowed in apology and walked faster. Your grip on your bag tightened. You were frustrated and helpless. You could only do so much, and that wasn’t enough.

You were looking at the ground the whole time since you have long memorized the route to your classroom. Even with your eyes closed, you could come to your classroom without passing past it.

You bumped into someone’s sturdy shoulder and quickly apologized without even meeting the guy’s eyes. Someone lifted your head by pushing your forehead to look at that person. It was none other than Luhan.

“Watch where you’re going,” he said. He was shocked to see your swollen, reddened eyes. He immediately pulled back his finger and stared at you in confusion.

You didn’t want to face any of his pranks and snarky comments today. You just wanted to survive school and let the day pass quickly so you could work and earn money.

“Did you bully her? I thought you don’t go to the extent until girls cry?” Lay asked as he slung an arm over Luhan’s shoulder.

“I haven’t bullied her today. I just arrived with you guys and she was already like that,” Luhan defended. “And please, don’t talk as if I’m that bad of a bully.”

“You are, hyung,” Kai said and patted Luhan’s back.

Luhan made a face at him and walked to the school. When he reached their classroom, he lazily sat on the chair and made paper planes to play.

“What is this? Regression?” Xiumin asked, looking at his friend weirdly.

“He’s bored, that’s why,” Chen answered.

“Then why don’t he just annoy Sunmi like always –“ Xiumin stopped talking when he saw how sulky Sunmi looked. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked.

“Maybe it’s that time of the month?” Chen asked.

Sehun looked over at Sunmi and watched her. Unlike his oblivious friends, he knew that something was bothering her. It was new for him since he never saw Sunmi that sad before and it piqued his interest.

Luhan grumbles and crunches the 10th paper plane he made. He planted his head on the table and closed his eyes, trying to sleep.

“So you still have pity, huh? You don’t bully people who are not in the mood.” Baekhyun clapped Luhan’s back and got his hand swatted away by Chanyeol mouthing him not to annoy Luhan because he was already annoyed that he couldn’t make fun of Sunmi.

Hyorin came and noticed Sunmi who was looking out at the window intently. She nudged her and Sunmi slightly jumped, causing Hyorin to chuckle. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

You wiped away the tear at the corner of your eyes and smiled at her. “Just personal problems.” Hyorin was shocked to see your glossy eyes and when she heard your voice cracked.

“You know that you can always tell me things, right?”

You nodded and pressed your lips in a firm line. Hyorin was indeed a friend you could always run to, but you would never go that far, asking her to help you with your sister’s medical bills. “I know, and I’m thankful for that, but I’ll be okay,” you reassured Hyorin.

* * *

For the next few days, your li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter