Confirmation

My Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Are you sure he’s really here?” Luhan asked Kai, who just nodded firmly and pointed at the corner of the café. There, seated a guy who looked as old as them. With one last pat on his back, Kai left Luhan alone with the man.

“Jiho-ssi?” Luhan called and the named guy looked. He stood up and greeted Luhan, who greeted back. The two of them sat face to face. Jiho was about to call a waitress to order something, but Luhan immediately stopped him. “I don’t want to sound rude, but I suggest you tell me what I went here for since I have to go somewhere else soon.”

Jiho nodded understandingly and glanced outside. “I’m Minhee’s ex. The one she broke up with when she met you. Ever since she met you, her world only revolved around you. She would do anything for you even if it means something bad. When you broke up with her, she left for America and decided to go for a change so when she comes back, she would be someone you would really want to date, but it’s really obvious that it didn’t happen. When she found out about your contract marriage, she thought of all things evil just to get Sunmi away from you. You wouldn’t want to know what she planned because it sends shivers down to my spine. When you came knocking on her door, Sora and I were there, too. I don’t know if you still remember, but I was the one who helped you to the couch while Sora was convincing Minhee not to try anything stupid because you were drunk. Knowing Minhee, she wouldn’t listen to us so we used the chloroform on her. How and why she even got that is something you wouldn’t want to know. She knocked off immediately and I drove you home. You can even ask the maids that it was me who brought you home. I assure you, she’s not pregnant and nothing happened between the two of you as you were both completely knocked down.”

What Jiho said made Luhan shiver. She didn’t know Minhee was that desperate and crazy about him and it scared him. He immediately sent a message to the guys to look after you. He sighed and massaged his temples, trying to let the fact sink in. “I’m really sorry she broke up with you, but clearly, you deserve better. She’s crazy. Thank you so much for telling me this. This will be the key to save my relationship. Thank you.”

Without another word, Luhan left the café and drove to Kai’s house. The maids greeted him and led him to Kai’s room. A big grin was plastered on his face when he greeted the younger male.

“So I assume it went well?” Kai asked and Luhan nodded.

“My life is complete and Minhee will be out of our lives soon.”

Kai shook his head with a smile and handed him a folder. “Here, just to confirm it more. Minhee’s mother easily gets sick and that’s why her whole family goes to a monthly full body check-up. To your luck, my dad is their doctor and the girl is completely oblivious of it. If you look here, it says negative. Minhee is not pregnant and her monthly period comes regularly so my dear friend, you can breathe again.”

Luhan sighed contently and plopped on the bed. He tossed into get to a comfortable position until… “What the Kim Jongin?! Change your sheets damn it! It reeks of !” he yelled annoyed and Kai laughed loudly.

“Calm down dude. My bed, not yours. Seems like it’s still fresh from your memories how after smells, huh? You really refreshed it, didn’t you?” Kai wiggled his eyebrows knowingly and Luhan stormed out of the room.

* * *

Luhan opened the door to your bedroom and you saw him smiling happily. You felt giddy at the thought of ruining his happiness as you’ve planned on how to talk to him about moving out and divorce but he was feeling extra ecstatic today. “Why are you so happy today?” you asked and he went beside you.

“You see, I’ve gathered enough information to prove that Minhee is not pregnant and that nothing happened between the two of us. That calls you to fulfill your promise. No divorce or anything. Just you and me forever. No more hindrance in our relationship and you will forever be Mrs. Lu Sunmi, the wife of the one and only Lu Han, the mother of our future kids. You will still be my soul mate even on the next life and I’ll cut my cheesiness here since you look really tired.” He chuckled and you look at him in awe.

Never in your life have you ever imagined that your relationship would go through a whirlwind of problems, but it was all worth it. You still couldn’t believe how everything was going back into place. Just you and Luhan and no more third wheel.

Luhan pulled you into a hug and lulled you to sleep.

* * *

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter