Problems

My Contract Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You went home straight after school as you still had a few hours left before work. What Luhan did to you was still playing on your mind. *Gosh, he’s such a ert!*

As you reached your tiny apartment, you saw a letter on the doorstep. It was your month’s rental fee notice. You had to support yourself and work for long dreadful hours just to pay for your monthly rent. Your parents told you not to bother sending money to them as they knew that having to live alone and not being able to send you money were already a big burden for you.

Lying down on your simple and plain bed covered with a peach bed sheet, you looked at the ceiling and tried to erase the incident that just happened in school. Your thoughts were disrupted by a phone call.

“Mom?”

Your mom was stuttering and couldn’t find her voice. It was as if like she lost her voice. “S-Sunmi... your sister... s-she...”

“Mom, what happened?”  This time you were really getting nervous. Every time you received a call about your sister, it was always a bad news.

Your mom took all the courage to tell you. You needed to know no matter how much it hurts. “She was rushed into the hospital. She was really sick these past few days and the doctor said she... she has leukemia.”

You were out of words. You didn’t know what to say. The shock just washed your thoughts clean. It was as though you became mute in an instant. Tears were b in your eyes until it fell nonstop from your eyes. You choked a sob, trying to stay strong from your already devastated mother.

How were you going to pay for your sister’s medical bills? Chemotherapy? It wouldn’t be that easy and cheap.

“Mom, a-are you sure?” You still couldn’t believe what you just heard. You couldn’t accept it. Your sister was just five years old. She was too young.

“Yes, Sunmi. I’m really sorry but this time your father and I would be thick faced and will ask you to do a favor.” Your mom tried to stay strong despite the news.

“Mom, you and dad are my parents! Please don't talk like that.”

“I’m sorry my daughter, but we really need you to help us to pay for the expenses.”

“Of course I would do that! For now, mom, I have to go to work. Please tell sis to get well soon and that I love her so much. I love you and dad too.”

With that, you hung up the phone and didn’t even wait for your mother’s response. You were still crying and couldn’t accept the fact that your only sister was suffering at such a young age. It was too much to handle for you.

Realising it was already getting late; you washed your face, changed into casual clothes and headed to work.

* * *

You went to work and arrived just in time. You changed into your work clothes and did your job at the front cashier like a robot. You would give people little smile and wouldn’t talk to anyone. After all, you were devastated. Who wouldn’t be, right?

“Hello! What may I get you?” you asked with a little smile on your face at the customer who was looking down at the foods in the bin.

“One blueberry chee-“ The customer stopped talking when he saw who was in front of her.

*Sunmi? That Yun Sunmi who spilled her food and that dirty water on my precious body?*

You on the other hand wasn’t affected by Luhan's presence at all. You had more things to worry about so you continued, “I pressume you’re going to get a blueberry cheesecake am I right?”

“Huh? Oh, yes and one caramel macchiato.”

“That would be fifteen thousand Won please.”

He handed you fifteen thousand Won and a few minutes later, you delivered his order at where he was sitting. “Here’s your order. Please enjoy.” You bowed and continued working.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter