Four - 넷 (Part One)

My Best Friends Brother

"Hey."

"Yo."

"C'mon, you can't sleep here."

"Senna, man Jin hyung already went to bed," Jeongguk complained before muttering, "What type of person falls asleep during their favorite movie anyway, tch." 

"Jeongguk?" Senna sat up and wiped her eyes. Yawning, she said groggily, "Where are we?" 

"We're in the living room, you fell asleep halfway through the movie, c'mon let's go sleep." Senna nodded and got up, still half asleep. 

"C'mon," Jeongguk grabbed her hand, slipping his fingers in the spaces between hers and led her slowly to his room. "Where's Jin?"

"He's already in bed." Jeongguk answered as they reach his bedroom door. He opened the door and led her to the bed. "Which side tonight?"

Senna opened one eye, "Last time you slept by the head so it's my turn to sleep there." Jeongguk nodded and she crawled into the bed, yawning softly.

Jeongguk went to close the door and the room lights; he came back and got an extra pillow to put by the end of the bed. They both laid side by side, tired, but unable to go to sleep. "Jeongguk." Senna said in a hushed voice.

"Yeah?"

"Can you sing me a song? I can't sleep."

"Alright, what do you want me to sing?" 

"Anything, I don't mind."

Jeongguk slowly started to sing a song he had heard a few days ago by Choi Young Jun, a song called The City's Summer.

"I can't hear you Gukkie, just come on this side by the head rest," Senna yawned again.

Jeongguk also yawned but swinged his legs off the bed and brought his pillow next to Senna's and laid down next to her. He looked down at her and began to sing again, almost whispering the soft words. Senna smiled, "I love it when you sing." Jeongguk smiled a little too and sang a little more as well until both of them fell asleep, side by side.

 

 

Jin woke up the next day a little drowsy, he looked around and saw the unfamiliar envoironment and remembered that he had come back home just yesterday. Right.

He got up and went into the washroom, and brushed his teeth. When he came out, he realized no one was awake and so he checked the time. Almost eleven. He was used to getting up early but since it was the weekend and everyone's day off, he guessed that everyone was going to sleep in. Maybe I should wake up Senna and Jeongguk... Jin smiled and walked quietly into Jeongguk's room but shrieked. "AH!", He covered his mouth right away, no longer wanting to wake up the two. Slowly he walked back out and closed the door only to shriek again when he saw his mother standing right behind him.

"Yah! Why are you causing commotion first thing in the morning?? Huh?" 

"Ah, omma... sorry ahaha, it's just that those two... um," Jeongguk rubbed the back of his neck remembering what he saw in the room.

"What, what do you mean?" She moved past him and opened the door. Blinking once she turned back around, "What? Is it the way they're sleeping?"

"Sort of."

She closed the door and laughed, "Their best friends, those two always sleep on different sides of the bed but eventually in the morning they're always side by side, next to each other. Don't freak out, silly. You act so innocent for someone whose twenty."

Jin pouted and whined, "Omma!"

She smiled, "Anyway I'm going to sleep a bit more, don't annoy me or wake anyone else up!"

"Okay~!" Jin nodded and kissed his moms cheek before walking back into his own room