We Used to be in Love, Please Don't Make Me Cry

Cold Hearted Man

 

The next day, I left Cherry at the house since Jennifer didn’t have any work. I drove my car to the salon and started my routine.

“Violet ah, can you buy some hair colouring product?” Jungmin asked.

“Ne,” I said and went to worker’s locker to take my handbag. I put on sunglasses and walked to the beauty shop. I put on some hair colouring products and some other necessary items in the cart and put it on the counter.

“40 000 Won please,” the cashier said.

“Ah, ne,” I said and gave her the company’s credit card.

“I think you look good with black hair.” I froze at Heechul's voice. How can he be here? How can he know that it was me?

“I still want to dye it brown.” A girl said and it broke my heart to million pieces. He was with a girl?

“Please sign here,” the cashier said and I complied. The two people stopped behind me and were still talking. I recognized the voice as Tiffany. Right, they are dating.

“Let’s eat shabu shabu after this,” I heard Tiffany said.

“Sure, anything you want.” Heechul said.

“Here it is,” The cashier said. Glad that I will be out of range to hear their lovey dovey conversation, I thanked the cashier and took the plastic bags and left the store quickly.

“Aish, what’s with the tears?” I angrily wiped the tears and put on my sunglasses. I held back a frustration scream as I made way to my car.

“Excuse me, Miss! Miss! You left this!” I heard Heechul yelled and heard his footsteps running to me. I glanced at my reflection on the car window, making sure I was unrecognisable. I turned around, and it took me everything from taking him into my embrace.

“You left this,” he said showing my credit card.

“Thank you,” I said softly and took the card from him. A slight brush of his hand sent an electrical shock, awakening my dead heart. I smiled at him and entered the car. I drew a deep breath and exhaled it loudly. Another pain tugged my heart as I saw Tiffany from across waving at him, motioning him to come to her. Heechul spared a glance at my car before going back to Tiffany. With tears rolling on my cheeks, I kiss my hand, the place where his skin brushed mine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Umma, why are you crying?” I snapped back into reality when Cherry asked me. Even after I went home, I was still thinking about my encounter with him this morning.

“Umma is crying?” I asked and touch my wet cheeks. “It’s sweat,” I said with a smile and pulled her onto my laps.

“Should we have dinner now?” I asked glancing at the clock.

“Umma,” she called me softly and cutely.

“Hm?”

“When do I get to see appa?” she asked. I look at her and it pained my heart to see how similar her features to Heechul’s.

“Arasso, I’ll take you to him,” I said with a smile. She gave me a smile and I smiled back. I hugged her close to my chest and let the tears dropped.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day - salon

I noticed Cherry was fidgeting with the hem of her shirt again. Sometimes, she will look outside the window. I wonder why.

“You’re done.” I said to the actress. I went up to Cherry and smiled at her. “What is it?” I asked.

“Umma, can we go to dairy shop?” she asked.

“We’re busy right now.” I said regretfully. She pouted. How can I resist that? “Arasso, we’ll go after I’m done with another customer.” I said and she nodded. I ruffled her hair and went to my customer.

An hour later, I was done and Cherry happily clapped her hands.

“Kaja!” she cheered and ran out of the salon.

“Yah, stay with umma!” I yelled out, ran after her and scooped her into my arms. “Don’t do that ever again.” I scolded and she pouted. Where did she learn the aegyo? Together we made our way to dairy shop and I followed Cherry choosing her favourite chocolate which happened to be white chocolate, the same chocolate that he likes.

“Is that it?” I asked and took the sweets to the counter. Cherry looked around as if she was expecting someone. I pursed my lips and paid for the sweets.

“Thank you,” the cashier said and I bowed slightly, picking up the plastic.

“Let’s go.” I said to Cherry when she ran away. “Yah!” I stuffed my purse back into my handbag and ran after her.

“Appa!” I heard she shouted. Appa?

“Yah, Cherry ah!” I shouted and saw her running toward a man. What is this kid going to do?

“Where are you going?” I asked taking her in my arms.

“Is this your kid?” the man asked sounding annoyed.

“Chesonghae–” I was about to bow and apologize when I met his black eyes. How ironic, it reminded me of our first meeting. His eyes widened, and opened his mouth to say something when I turned around and walked out of the shop.

“Where do you think you’re going?” his cold voice asked making me stop. Cherry looked at me with eyes filled with questions and I looked at her apologetically before walking away.

“Yah, what am I to you?” he asked running to me and grabbed my arm turning me around.

He scoffed. “I can’t believe this.” He said before laughing and messed with his hair and let out another laugh again. I frowned but waited for him to talk. He looked at me coldly.

“I can’t believe I waited for you for four damned years and now, look at you, you have a daughter.” He said coldly and laughed without a single humour in it. I was speechless, didn’t know what to say or do.

“Live well with your man,” he said coldly and walked past me, knocking my shoulder in the process.

 

I didn’t expect it to be like this.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I didn’t expect it to turn out like this. ==’ What are you doing? You’re supposed to have a romantic encounter! Aigoo!

I’m sorry for the late update! Thank you for waiting! I don’t know what to do to show my gratitude to all of you!