Secret Admirer

The Secret Admirer

 

*ring* *ring*

 

*ring* *ring*

 

*ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring* *ring*

 

Okay, that had to be Jaesuk. Hodong felt a bit weird after last night. He knew Jaesuk had no way to find out who sent that text message, and he would never suspect him in a million years, but he still felt a bit exposed. Maybe because he had finally admitted it to himself, that he had feelings for Jaesuk. He wished he could take it back. Being in denial was nice and cozy, the simple life. How could he have feelings for Jaesuk, that babo?! Okay, he was a really good friend and had the biggest heart Hodong had ever had the privilege of knowing, but that kind of feelings, really?

Well, the stories of his ugly mug were greatly exaggerated. When you got to know him, he was actually kind of cute. Minus the kind of. Jaesuk's silly face flashed before his mind's eye. Jaesuk's eyes disappearing into a very crinkled eyesmile, his horse mouth sporting a smile so big, his gums were showing. Hodong had a tiny thing for how his upper lip disappeared almost completely when he smiled, leaving only the middle bit, his mouth forming a squished heart. He could hear his dorky laugh, snorting like an idiot. Hodong's insides balled into a knot. How was this happening? He had never been interested in guys before, what had Jaesuk done to him? Put him under some sort of evil spell as a practical joke. Any day now Jaesuk would spring out from his hiding place at the most embarrassing moment, “Smile, you're on candid camera!”. No Jaesuk would never go that far, or would he?

 

Hodong opened the door. Jaesuk grinned sheepishly as he kept pushing the doorbell even after he had opened the door, jumping around in line with the 'beat', apparently playing some song that only he could recognize. To Hodong it only sounded like noise. He gave him a death stare, making Jaesuk stop immediately, chuckling apologetically. Oh, why was he so cute?! It was almost annoying! Jaesuk barged passed him, not waiting for an invitation to come in. “Oops, is she maybe still heeere?” Jaesuk asked playfully, examining the whole apartment, probably hoping to embarrass Hodong a little. “Who? Oh ehm.. her.. yeah... ehm... no.” Hodong answered, momentarily panicking, since Jaesuk obviously thought he had taken the other girl home. It was a logical conclusion, there was no reason not to, except for the tiny little fact that he was madly in love with Jaesuk and couldn't imagine sharing a kiss with anyone else, let alone anything more. As Jaesuk peaked into the bathroom, Hodong took the opportunity to ruffle up the bed sheets, then running into the kitchen, placing a clean cup in the sink, as if the phantom woman had had coffee before she left.

“What was her name again? I forget..” Jaesuk asked in passing, a little disappointed that he was unable to catch them in the act. “Ehm...”, no matter how hard Hodong thought, he couldn't for the life of him remember the girl's name. “You dog! You bad boy you!! You don't even know her name?! You just used her and threw her away after you were done with her... that's being a high level player!!” Jaesuk snickered, teasing him. The worst part was that it was working. He was getting on his nerves, he didn't know which he wanted more, to slap him or wrestle him to the ground, taking him on the spot. Maybe both.

 

“Oh oh oh!!” Jaesuk abandoned his earlier train of thought, jumping into Hodong's arms, squeezing him tight before planting a quick kiss on his cheek. Hodong got goose bumps, it took all he had to hide how flustered he was by Jaesuk's surprise attack. “You are such a good luck charm, my friend!! You don't even know it!” Jaesuk's smile was so big, Hodong began to worry that his face could just rip in two at any moment, it was already crumpled beyond recognition. “You're seriously not going to believe this!!” Jaesuk was jumping up and down, he was so excited. “Not only did I land the girl yesterday, but I also got my very own SECRET ADMIRER!!!” Jaesuk waved his phone around, ecstatic. “Mhm, sure.” Hodong replied sarcastically, his expression stoic. No matter what, he was not going to let on that the message had actually been from him. “No really!!” Jaesuk insisted, not appreciating him bursting his bubble. “SEE!!” Jaesuk showed him the message.

“Oh please, it's obvious that it was just sent to the wrong number. Come on!” Hodong said, laughing theatrically. “Who would send you a message like that? Handsome?! You?!? Is this a blind person we're talking about then?” Hodong's booming laughter echoed around the living room. Seeing Jaesuk's smile disappear made his heart hurt, he hated that Jaesuk had already been convinced by the world that he wasn't handsome. Like it was some universal fact. “But it says MORE handsome than you THINK, implying it's for someone who doesn't know they are handsome...liiike ME!” Jaesuk got his mojo back, proud of his clever reasoning. Hodong just snorted and gave him an incredulous look. “Hmm.. maybe not..” Jaesuk shrugged, not bothered by it anymore. “Doesn't matter, cuz I got laid last night! Oo-yeah!” Jaesuk did some weird victory dance on his way to the bathroom. He was so silly. As Jaesuk closed the door to the bathroom, Hodong giggled to himself. He fished his phone out of his pocket. He knew he shouldn't but he just couldn't help himself.

 

Jaesuk burst out of the bathroom. “I TOOOOLD YOU!!!” he sang, waving his phone around. “See! See! 'You're too cute', that's what it says!! From an unknown sender, a.k.a. a SECRET ADMIRER!!” Jaesuk pranced around as if he was the king of the world. Hodong smirked, his heart melting.

 

Alright, it was settled. If he couldn't be with him, he would just be his secret admirer.