Wingman

The Secret Admirer

After Hodong had cleaned Jaesuk up and gotten him to bed, he sat down beside him, stunned. Had Jaesuk been so drunk, that just by being around him, he too had become drunk? Why was he having these weird feelings. He glanced at Jaesuk that lay spread out on his stomach, somehow managing to cover the whole bed. It had taken him all of two seconds to kick the duvet off him, his uncovered back bathed in the faint light from the street lamp outside. Well, if one thought about it, Jaesuk's body wasn't really that masculine. He was thin and had soft lines, maybe his unconscious was just temporarily confused after the kiss. After all, it had been completely out of the blue so the unexpected kiss perhaps registered as a kiss with a woman, making him all mixed up. Hodong was sure that if he just went to sleep it would all be cleared up in his head by morning.

 

“Ouch, my head.” Jaesuk sat up in the bed, realizing he was at Hodong's house. He crawled out of the room, barely able to walk, the hangover was so strong. A heavenly smell filled his nostrils, what was that? He heard cheerful humming as well, his head complaining. Jaesuk found Hodong in the kitchen making sulguk, “Oh you are an angel sent from heaven.” Jaesuk smiled. “Wow, you look...” Hodong began frowning, “That bad, huh?”. “You can say that again! Just how much did you end up drinking last night?” Hodong asked incredulously. “Let's just say that the manufacturers of Soju will have a good year this year.” Jaesuk grinned. “Baboya!” Hodong smacked the top of his head. “Hyuuung, not the heeead!” Jaesuk said pouting.

 

“Shho, bill yu be my bwimman tonighb?” Jaesuk said with his mouth full of hangover soup, “Dis is delishous by bwe bway!”. “Will I do what tonight?” Hodong wasn't quite fluent yet in Jaesuk's mumblings. Jaesuk swallowed, “Be my wingman.”. “Oh come on, you're not going out again tonight, are you?”, “The only remedy for hangover better than sulguk, is going out again!” Jaesuk tried to sell it but Hodong was not falling for it. “Pli-pli-pleeease.” Jaesuk blew up his mouth and poked his finger into his blown up cheek, trying to do aegyo. “You promised you would help me, remember?” Jaesuk used his puppiest of puppy eyes. “Ok, fine! But I'm not staying past midnight!” Hodong said firmly, giving up. “Mhm sure.” Jaesuk said, knowing full well that if he just got him drunk enough, he would cave and party all night long.

 

Jaesuk knocked on Hodong's door, he had popped home to get a change of clothes. Hodong opened the door and laughed so suddenly and forcefully that he accidentally sprayed spit all over Jaesuk's face. “Wow, what a welcome.” Jaesuk dried his face with his handkerchief. “You have GOT to be kidding me! THIS is what you are wearing?!” Hodong thought he had seen it all. Jaesuk was wearing a checkered light blue, lilac and orange suit. The pants were way too tight and only went down 3/4th of his calves and his socks, that were orange as well, didn't quite reach all the way up to where the pants started, so if one looked carefully one could see his bare leg. Under the jacket he had on a striped polo shirt, pink and white. Hodong almost got dizzy just by looking at him. “What? It shows character.” Jaesuk said and smiled his crooked smile.

 

“There is NO way you are EVER going to catch a girl in THAT!”.