PART TWO: The Woman and The Time Vortex

On Time

“Ugh, the hell with that.”

 

The short haired girl groans in pain, rubbing her head furiously like there’s no end. The sound of the rather busy street had snapped her from her dreams. Prompting on leaning her head so her cramped neck will finally relax, she hit something hard behind her instead. Curiosity engulfs her, as she looks back; wanting to know what had made her head come in contact with something as hard as a brick.

 

Oh, a tree.

 

Wait…a tree?

 

Rubbing her hand back and forth on the back of her head, her mind goes back on what had happened minutes ago. Frankly, there’s no way that she would be here for no reason, isn’t it? Unless magic exists, then this thing is surely an impossible thing to be happened.

 

She remembers that her luggage rolled down from near the van and towards the street.

 

Kyunsoo had run to chase her and the luggage down.

 

She reached the stupid big luggage of hers, but the damn thing won’t stop rolling.

 

And…

 

She was thrown to the street by a car.

 

Oh.

 

“Damn it, where’s that imprudent black car who had hit me?” she hisses with her eyes looking around. Sure, there are a few cars running about, but she doesn’t see any black car. She doesn’t even see any people who are supposedly curious on who just got hit by that black car, as what she had expected.

 

It’s as if nothing happened. No car accidents, no screams, no curious people lingering around.

 

Nothing.

 

Frantically, her hand flies to her forehead, further confirming something that makes her confused even more so after she checks her entire body with the help of her hands.

 

No blood?

 

“What sorcery is this?” she whispers quietly as she stands up. As the matter of fact, her trademark backpack is still in contact on her back. Her grey luggage is not there, though. But she can still see the sight of Incheon Airport from her position right now, although just a little bit visible.

Standing up awkwardly from her position, she brushes the leaves on her lap. Her eyes are trying to locate the other 4 boys and Mi Hyun while holding tight on her backpack. But they’re nowhere to be found when she gets near.

 

No sign of their usual van, either.

 

“Good God, did they just leave me like that?” she murmurs in frustration. Her gaze then fall on the mini bookstore near the airport, and absentmindedly decides on going there.

Randomly picking up an entertainment magazine, she flips through it inattentively. But the more she flips through it, the more confused she gets. She closes the magazine, only to get back to it once more. Something had taken her interest seconds ago, and it’s unmistakably the edition date of the magazine.

And what she sees is undeniably the final and concrete answer to her doubts. Unconsciously, she drops the magazine to the floor, and her forehead is beaded with cold sweats. Checking the other magazines, wishing that the magazine she held had printed the wrong year, she is defeated when she checks the rest and all are in the same edition year.

And her body shakes in fear, whilst her feet make their way towards the exit door.

 

 

 

 

April, 2015

 

 

 

 

---

No

 

It can’t be.

 

This is impossible.

 

Rin inhales and exhales the oxygen several times before calming herself down. She is beyond scared, as if she had seen ghosts. Not that she is afraid of them, but her expression does look like one. However, what matters now is how she ended up in this place. And how she leapt through time and arrived at this time frame.

Bull. Time travelling is not even invented yet in 2013.

 

But that magazine didn’t lie.

 

Then how did she end up in this place? Same place, but different time?

 

And how is she supposed to get back to her original time frame?

 

Yet, before she manages to get back to her usual self, quite a few girls are running towards the entrance door of the airport. Even more vans are parked near the entrance, revealing more and more girls coming out. With her observant eyes, she sees that some of the girls are carrying signboards and cameras.

Ugh, those bastard fan girls.

Who are they targeting this time, anyways?

Curiosity gets the better of her this time, and she decides on observing more while still standing in front of the book shop. Using her eyes yet again, she observes one of the pictures and the printed text on a signboard that a girl carries, passing through in front of her.

Oh, Lord.

 

---

“Hyaah! JI YONG OPPAA!!” one of the girls screams when she sees G-Dragon coming out from the front door. And in an instant, cameras are directed towards him, and blinding flashes are shot to his face. Jiyong can only smile and asks them politely to give him and his band mates some space.

Rin, who has decided on joining these hoards of fan girls (even though she doesn’t want to, but have to do it anyways), successfully secures a place nearing the front, and near the police officer. Screams and snapping sounds are the dominant noises this time, as the girls try their bests to, well, touch him. Pushes and shoves are happening everywhere, much to her disgust. She has to keep her footing steady, or else she would lose her balance.

Ugh. What a sight.

“OMO! TAEYANG OPPA!! TAEYANG OPPA IS HERE!!” screams the next girl beside her, who nearly breaks Rin’s eardrums. On the other hand, she is quite surprised that no one actually recognizes her. Rin is quite popular everywhere, though. But as long as no one notices her, so much the better.

And there goes Seungri and Daesung, out from the front gate. Another screams and flashes commence, and Rin wonders on how long does she have to wait. Her guts want her to just walk away from there, but her head tells her not to give up on this ‘golden ticket’.

One of the girls then raises her signboard, written in a big and in neon colors, oh and with excessive decorations. How very pretty, she snickers.

But on that point, she doesn’t waste anymore seconds after she looks briefly at that ridiculously-looking signboard. Since that signboard signals the appearance of the very person she has been looking for. The very person that she had known for so long.

 

“SEUNGHYUN OPPAA!!” finally screams the signboard girl.

 

And there he is, with his signature black hairstyle and his usual black jacket. Choi Seunghyun smiles widely at the seemingly maniac fans of his, and shakes his hand around as a signal of ‘hello’. Noticing that she is the tallest out of the girls there, she takes note of his position and her current position. With all of her remaining strength, Rin pushes herself from the sea of fan girls with all her might. She doesn’t give a damn when the girls curse at her, and some even make attempts on hitting and kicking her, in which she forcefully used her power to hit them back on their shoulders.

After all, she doesn’t give a damn about those girls. She knows very well how to differentiate normal and crazy, maniacal fans, with only a glance of her bare eyes. And so, her attacks only went to those delusional fans, not the normal fans.

It’s not usual of her to do that, but ah well. This is for her sake, not for fun.

Nearing the security man, she pops her head above the man’s right shoulder. Rin is beyond glad that Seunghyun is almost nearing the area where she stands, and calls out to the man in the black jacket in her trademark way of calling him.

 

---

Seunghyun crooks his head here and there in order to say hello to some of the fans. He even sends smiles to them, although he feels a little bit annoyed by these fans.

Another girl shouted through the crowd, taking his attention once again.

 

Ah, another fan again.

 

He walks closer to the fan who just called his name, wanting to greet her as well so everyone can at least get their equal share. This is what they call a job for artist; and they have to be equal to everyone. Especially in this South Korea’s entertainment industry, where all of their actions are judged, be it in public or privately.

But his brain sends a knock to his memory door, unlocking something that used to be familiar to him.

 

That voice just now…is that?

 

His feet stop him from walking, taking in the appearance of the girl that had called his name. Usually, he won’t get lured by the fans ‘attempts on calling him, just so they can get a good chance to get closer to him. Jiyoung had told him and his other band mates that warning, just so they can avoid these types of horrid fans.

 

But, that girl looks exactly like her.

 

At the very last, his eyes land on the right wrist of the girl. His previous gentleman face slowly changes into a shocked face of his, right after he sees the one thing that can be the only evidence of his suspicions.

 

“It can’t be,” he whispers, stepping closer to her.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s this for?”

“It’s just something that I bought, back when my band got a tour to America. Fancy, no?”

“Whoa. You went all the way to USA just to give me this? Hats off to you, sir.”

“Yeah. Look, I got a matching pair for this fancy thing! I was so lucky I spotted another similar one.”

“And what are these supposed to mean, Choi Seunghyun?”

“It’s clearly not a romantic thing, okay? It’s…”

 

 

 

 

 

Their friendship bracelet, he recognized it very well.

 

His eyes don’t lie, although he would very much want to deny it.

 

Since the very same person isn’t supposed to be here, that is why.

 

“Park Yoon-Seo,” he murmurs, with his eyes locking with hers, feeling confused, happy, yet shocked at the same time.

 

With reflex and without any further question to her, he pulls her wrist from the crowd, from the madness of the fans that start on screaming around, and lunges towards Big Bang’s van. All of the sudden, he doesn’t care of the wild sea ahead and behind him. He doesn’t care how the girls send profanities at him and the girl which hand he holds dear. Hell, he doesn’t give a damn anymore.

 

Just like old times.

 

But this time, it’s done differently.

 


Wheeww!! First chap of part two is done, and now I can go on hiatus in peace (I sort of have to publish this ASAP ehehehe).

If any of you are confused of what time vortex is supposed to mean, it's a reference from Doctor Who. Google it if you like! :D I was a bit loss on the decriptive sturcture of this chapter, but hopefully this one didn't disappoint.

Just a heads up, the chapters that will come after this will be set in year 2015. Stay tuned and see you after the hiatus is over! xDD