End of Time

On Time

“The Butterfly Dream?”

The short haired girl asks once more, feeling puzzled at Seong Woo’s explanation. Jaekyung, who had sit on the other side of the bed, only nods in silence. The psychiatrist had deduced what those voices meant, and only with a quick rewind of his brain memory, he brought out the answer to Rin rather easily.

“Judging from your description, it definitely is,” Seong Woo looks up to her. “It’s a philosophy term from the famous Chinese philosopher, Zhuang Zi.”

“I see,” is Rin’s answer, then sighing. “But I don’t really understand the meaning behind it, though.”

“Well, that’s simple,” Jaekyung interferes, coughing a bit in order to clear . The other two people in the room shift their attentions towards her, but Seong Woo already knows what the meaning is. So it isn’t a surprise for him.

“Once, Zhuang Zi dreamt he was a butterfly that flutters about happily. He didn't know he was Zhuang Zi. Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakable Zhuang Zi. But he didn't know if he was Zhuang Zi who had dreamt he was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming he was Zhuang Zi,” she exhales, ending the explanation she promised earlier.

“So, this means…”

“This means that,” Seong Woo continues in Jaekyung’s place. “The line between reality and dream is very blur. This might have some connections with your dream, Yoon Seo.”

“Really”

“I’m sure of it,” Seong Woo confidently says.

“So, can you tell us what have you dreamt of in these past few days?”

---

“It wasn’t anything serious,” the young woman says after exiting Yoon Seo’s door with Seong Woo. “So please don’t worry too much about her.”

All of her roommates sigh in relief, knowing their dear friend is not in much trouble as what they originally thought.

“Good to know about it,” Choi says.

“Mhmm,” Seong Woo nods. “But you still need to let her have her bed rest for at least 3 days. Until her fever dies down, then she can do whatever she is doing.”

“Noted,” Kyunsoo nods in return.

“We’ll take our leave, then,” Jaekyung says, and the two of them bow to the group.

With that, the duo psychologists leave their apartment room. The group then begins their discussion on what they should do to take care of Rin. After all, they’re like a family, and family cares for each other. That has been their reason why they have a good teamwork in almost everything, albeit some arguments still going on between them.

 

But at the end of the day, no one leaves anyone behind.

 

 

 

 

[4 weeks later]

 

 

“That’s indeed one fantastic thing.”

“Indeed it is,” Rin grins, while her right hand fingers the metallic feel of the mask. No, her mask.

The one that arrived yesterday, and the one that managed to make her scream too happily yesterday too.

It’s a combination of a big headphone, suitable for DJ-ing, and a rectangle black eye visor with LEDs planted beneath its glass protection. The visor’s two ends are connected to the headphones’ two round ear part, making it a long rectangle visor. It leaves some free spaces for her upper head and the back of her head, concealing only her eyes and ears.

It was custom made, and was chromed in metallic black color. It was everything she had imagined it would be.

“This is for my debut,” Rin says, caressing the headphone’s bridge. “And I needed a disguise, just like Bangalter. Although my face will not be entirely covered.”

“Still, I quite liked it,” Hyun says, lifting it up carefully, then tries it on. “How do I look?”

Rin erupts in laughter. “You look hilarious in it.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment,” he scowls after taking it off and puts it on the table, on where it belongs.

Rin only smirks briefly before drumming her fingers on the table, waiting for Cher the maknae to finish checking his luggage. It is time for their flight to Berlin, for the purpose of recording their second MV. Kyunsoo had complimented of Berlin’s beautiful landscapes several times during the meeting, thus making it a perfect spot for the recording. Although they were worried that their proposal will be rejected by the director and manager, but at the end, they got a yes from both of them. Exactly 3 days ago. Both Cho Kyuhyun and Park Jimin will also be present for the flight, which is something that they’re feeling grateful for.

On the other hand, her business with the JYJ had long finished. The consultation had ended, much to her amazement. They were quick learners, she noticed. In only 1 week and a half, they had finished the practice. Rin was indeed very amazed by their strong commitment in this, and had a satisfying journey with them. Laughter, arguments, and even randomness, they had shared those things in that 1 week and a half. But all things must come to an end, especially when she declared that they will do fine without her help anymore.

Thus, it was time for her to go.

And to start her debut that she had promised Mi Hyun, their manager, long time ago.

Much to her surprise, Yoochun had become her good friend. Rin had thought that Junsu would be the one in Yoochun’s spot, but apparently, he isn’t. But she still keeps in contact with them, with Jaejoong defended that they might require her assistance in the future.

Ah, what a bad liar he is.

“Come on, we’ve got to hurry up!” Kyunsoo shouts while pulling on his own luggage.

Both Rin and Hyun stand up momentarily, with their luggages’ handles in hand. Obediently, the group follow their leader’s command, and so, they exit the door.

---

“You guys ready?” the manager cheerfully asks.

“More than ready!” Cher exclaims in such childish-like happiness. Choi hits his head in annoyance, which earns him a pout from the maknae.

“Kyuhyun and Jimin are on their way as well,” Choi delightfully informs them.

“And, Berlin. Whoa. To think that this is my first time going there,” Hyun says, with a huge smile plastered on his face.

“Berlin is a nice place,” Rin adds. “Hopefully we won’t meet any crazies there as well.”

“I don’t think you will get any in Berlin,” Mi Hyun comments. “The security there is stricter than South Korea. I guess you can rely on them in terms of safety.”

“We’ll always have Rin to shoo them away for us,” Kyunsoo sing songs at her, and she has no choice but to kick him on his leg, showing her irritation.

---

One by one, they get out from their usual van, and as always, they’re surrounded by many girls. Thankfully, it isn’t that many. Or the bulky driver would use his power to shoo them off.

“Okay, take it slow. Take it really slow,” Hyun commands, holding a luggage’s handle while Cher holds tight on the bottom part of the luggage. With a quick move, they momentarily drops it on the ground, leaving a thump noise.

“There you go,” Cher huffs after dropped the big luggage on the floor.

Meanwhile, Rin took out her own luggage, obviously not surprised of her slightly-heavy luggage. Noticing that they prevented her on doing the heavy jobs (although she really wants to), she can only lean on the taxi’s outer surface while watching them two.

Kyunsoo had taken out Choi’s luggage, like what she had watched.

Rin then checks on her wristwatch for time confirming.

 

15.13.

 

Her mind is later switched when she heard something weird coming from near them. Skeptical, her eyes are fixed on something on the ground. Her ears open wide to the noise of the rolling wheels slowly leaves the van.

 

Her eyes widened in such surprise to the object running down away from the van.

 

Her luggage.

 

Her back quickly leaves from the surface of the van, and her feet leaping towards the escaping luggage. The slightly slanted road makes it easier for the wheeled luggage to roll downwards, much to her dismay.

“Oh, for crying out loud!” she lunges towards it. The other boys jerk their heads towards her direction, wide-eyed, and Kyunsoo quickly chases after her. The other three boys can only stand and watch, as their leader chases after Rin and Rin after the luggage.

Finally reaching the surface of the damn rolling thing, Rin pulls the still rolling luggage, feeling relief pours onto her body since the luggage is now safely on her hands.

But.

 

The damn thing won’t stop rolling.

Rin grunts in frustration as she tries to hold the bulky thing to halt. But to no avail. It still won’t stop. Her feet involuntarily get dragged away, and her eyes shut close, not wanting to see anything nor witness anything. Her feet cannot act as the brakes properly due to the fast-rolling luggage.

Soon enough, she reached the road.

But Rin doesn’t know about it, since she closed her eyes. She had given up on trying stopping it from moving any further.

Kyunsoo, who still runs after her, has his hand nearing her. His head keeps on telling him to stop moving, but his guts tell the opposite. Hyun had followed his lead, and is now on the pursuit of saving Yoon Seo.

 

Kyunsoo still has to catch her; he can’t risk another suffering for her again. She suffered enough, and enough is enough. He hates it when he had to see people that he loves to succumb into sufferings yet again. His young sister is enough as the prime example, the one tragedy that got to his little sister and the one tragedy that still horrors him.

He can’t let Park Yoon-Seo, the impossible girl, to suffer again. He just can’t bear the sight of her crying once more.

 

Come on! You cannot let someone slip from your grasp again, Kwon Kyun-Soo!

 

Just a bit more…

 

 

Just another inch more…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CRASH!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just like a lightning bolt, all happens way too fast.

 

The sight of the black car’s hood stopping abruptly.

 

The screeching sounds of the sleek car…

 

But that’s not the only thing that makes his body all weak. The car is not the only thing that shocked Kyunsoo the most.

 

 

It’s the sight of Park Yoon-Seo’s body, with her luggage that landed near a tree.

 

The sight of blood on her forehead.

 

 

15.15.

 

 

 

Are you living in the so-called reality?

 

Or…

 

Have you been living in a dream, my dear?

 

 

 

 

---

“Are you guys her relatives or friends?”

The four boys look at the doctor on the same timing. Either nurse or doctor, they have been waiting for one. It seems so long for them to wait, and they almost thought that the time is being cruel at them.

Mi Hyun makes her move since none of the boys respond to the doctor’s question. “I’m her manager, sir.”

“Ah, very well. Miss,” the doctor furrows his eyebrow, asking her name indirectly.

“Oh. It’s Mi Hyun, sir.”

“Ah, right. Mi Hyun sshi, I’m the doctor who’s in charge of Park Yoon-Seo,” the old doctor warmly shakes her hand.

“How’s Yoon-Seo, sir?”

The old doctor coughs several times with his hand cupping his mouth, before continuing. “Park Yoon-Seo’s condition is stable for now. The car had hit her head, so the most injury and blood loss came from there. But our medical staff handled it, and so are her minor injuries.”

The boys and Mi Hyun exhale in relief after hearing the revelation. At the same time, Jaejoong had come prior to Hyun's request, and so is Seunghyun, who had received a call from Cher.

“But…”

Another pause and Kyunsoo quickly stands up to face the doctor.

“But what, doctor?”

 

The man in the white doctor’s robe sighs at the young man in front of him. Having been in this department for at least 10 years, he always knows that accidents like this never brings good news. Only a few did make it to the complete good news, but most of them did not.

 

Looking at Kyunsoo, his mouth opens; eager to speak what seems to be their death sentence.

 

“Park Yoon-Seo has fallen into a comatose state.”

 

 

 

[End of Part One]

 


The Part Two Ch.1 will be done ASAP, as I had promised (and by then, I'll directly put it in hiatus). Probably by today, or tomorrow. Yeah... :)

And yes, this is the end of Part One! *pops confetti alone* I sort of have to skip the timeline to 4 weeks, since I don't want to waste any chapter just decribing what happened 4 weeks prior (ordinary events, not much unique things to talk about, etc etc). Confusing? Weird? Please let me know! :) 

Have a good day!