The Day

On Time

13.26, Big Bang’s Apartment

 

“Today’s the day, huh?”

Seungri casually says while Yoonseo is helping him with the breakfast preparations. After spending a week on constant practicing, trial-runs, experimenting, and planning, Jaejoong messaged them all that Rin contacted him on her arrival at Incheon Airport. And like what he had predicted, she wants him to pick her up and go straight away to Seongwoo’s house. On the other hand, Seongwoo, having realized Yoonseo’s unusual refined ability in make-up disguises, stated that she would be best on being the ‘forgerer’ when they reach the field and hide her identity at every cost.

“Yeah, it is,” she nods while passing the eggs-and-veggies mixture to him.

“Well, in all honesty, that concept looks interesting. Hyung had told us bits of it,” he grins, pouring enough batter onto the oily hot pan at the same time. “I mean, dream within a dream. Just imagine exactly how it will work out gets into my curious radar already.”

“I don’t think you would want to volunteer once you did a trial-run,” she chortles, heating another frying pan. “When Seunghyun did a trial-run with Kyunsoo, he almost got lost down there. Good thing he has his totem with him.”

Seungri laughs as he drags the perfectly cooked omelette onto a plate. “His clumsiness just never stops!”

“Exactly,” she says while pouring a pancake batter on the pan. “I don’t know how you guys could handle being around with him for so long.”

“We had our ways,” he sighs again. “But I seriously think he has to be more cautious when you guys get into the real thing. It does sound dangerous, in a way.”

“He has to,” Yoonseo states firmly, stacking another pancake above the first one on the plate. “Or he would lose his mind and forget who he is if he’s not cautious enough.”

-

“So we’ll arrive at 2 in Seongwoo’s house, while Jaejoong will arrive with her 30 minutes after that,” Seunghyun speaks as the others enjoyed their pancakes and fresh fruits breakfast, with Seungri and Youngbae who had an additional omelette on their plates. The latter cuts a piece for Yoonseo to try since the ingredients was not enough for Seungri to make an extra.

“That gives us approximately 4 hours, at best,” Yoonseo answers without looking up while spreading Nutella on top of her pancake stack. “We still have a lot of time, don’t worry.”

“I already told your Manager hyung that you’re going to your mom’s house for the whole day,” Jiyong mutters, nudging Seunghyun at the same time. “That should be good enough for your excuse.”

“Thanks, man,” he chuckles, not looking at Jiyong while pouring orange juice into his cup. “I appreciate it.”

“You have a totem with you?” Daesung suddenly asks, staring at Yoonseo.

“Yes, in fact everyone in the team should have one,” Yoonseo answers quickly and stop for a while to fish out her totem; an Eiffel Tower keychain that she bought and modified. Yoonseo then shows it to Daesung, who is clearly curious.

“This is my totem, and I modified it so it’s only me who knows what are the weight and the behavior of my totem,” she explains.

“And this is mine,” Seunghyun speaks up as he holds onto a small Rubik’s cube, showcasing it to them. “This is also modified, and no one ever touched this so it’s perfect.”

“Can I have a look at it?”

Quickly, she pulls her hand away from his grabby hand. “You can’t touch it. It’ll lose its purpose if you do. No one can ever know my totem’s behavior so I’ll know whether I’m dreaming or awake.”

Everyone except Seunghyun and Yoonseo hums understandingly as both of them stores away their totems in their pockets.

“Anyways, now that we still have plenty of time to spare,” Yoonseo utters as she downed her cup of water. “Shall we have a last trial-run to ensure your readiness for the actual field?”

Immediately, Seungri chokes on his own drink, trying not to laugh. Yet he gets a glare from Seunghyun before answering her question, despite his attempts to suppress his laughter.

“You have the machine?” he asks in disbelief. “After all this time?”

“I borrowed it, I don’t even own it,” Yoonseo corrects him. “Seongwoo owns an extra for me to use. He said I can borrow it. So, I think we’ll go for 5 minutes.”

“Five minutes…so that’s an hour down there?”

“Precisely,” she nods, and then turns her head to Jiyong. “Jiyong, can you be the one handling the PASIV machine? You know, to track the time?”

“Yeah, sure. But I don’t even know how to use it though?” he looks at her in return.

Grinning slightly, she flaps her hand at him. “I’ll teach you how. It’s not that hard if you’re only handling the progress.”

 

-

 

13.36, Incheon Airport

 

“Ah, there you are, yeobo,” the familiar voice distracts Jaejoong from his daydreaming session, pulling him back to reality. Blinking his eyes twice, he forces a smile at the woman in front of him. He nearly forgot the existence of the noisy crowd behind him.

“Rin,” Jaejoong speaks at last while she motions him to carry her large luggage. Pushing through the crowd together, they finally made it to his car that was parked near the entrance. After starting the engine, he quickly calms himself before driving to the streets and successfully get out from the crowd.

He knows fully on what he is doing right now, and thus, he cannot risk having the plan known through Rin’s mind since he actually plays the most important role right now. Fortunately, from what he can see from her happy hums, he inwardly lets out a relieved sigh, knowing that she doesn’t notice anything wrong.

“So, we’re going to Seongwoo’s house, right?”

“Ah, yes. We are,” Jaejoong smiles. “As always, right?”

“As always,” Rin smiles back at him while popping a gum into .

 

-

 

13.45, Big Bang’s Apartment

 

“You guys better come back safely,” Youngbae yells. “We’re going to have barbecue if you guys done it successfully.”

“Stop it. You’re tempting both of us now,” Seunghyun punches Youngbae’s shoulder. “How about if you replaced me?”

“No way. It’s too creepy to even imagine how it will work.”

“Take care of our baby hyung!” Daesung yells at them funnily, enough to earn him a glare from Seunghyun. Yoonseo just laughs away, so hard that she squats while holding her stomach.

“You guys have everything prepared?” Jiyong then asks Yoonseo, patting her shoulder.

“I don’t think we even need anything except our totems,” Yoonseo chuckles while standing up, earning her the warmest smile from Jiyong before he pulls her into a hug; something that Yoonseo have always liked about Jiyong’s warm gestures.

Sighing, he then proceeds on patting her back before breaking away. “Don’t die down there, okay?”

She nods before turning her head as she sighted a silver car coming near to the back door in which all of them are now standing at. The driver’s window rolls down, revealing Kyunsoo who greets them.

“Ready?”

“Uh-huh,” she nods, opening the passenger’s door beside the driver’s side.

“We’re going, then,” Seunghyun yells while opening the door for the passenger’s seat at the back.

And straight away, Kyunsoo drives away from the apartment, and quickly onto the street...

 

-

 

14.15, Seongwoo’s House

 

“You’ll have to put this on,” Jaekyung quickly says and covers Yoonseo’s nose-to-mouth part with a cloth. “Cannot risk on having Rin to know that you’re here. And oh, wear these sunglasses too.”

“And all of you know your roles already, right?” Seongwoo asks them. The others nod in unison.

“Okay. Now, Seunghyun and Kyunsoo. You two must be in my office once Jaejoong and Rin are here, and I’ll be there as well. Jaekyung will greet them and lead them to there,” Seongwoo points at the roomhe mentioned before, “and Rin will have to go in first. Yoonseo, you will have to quickly cover her nose with this cloth that was already sprinkled with the sedation liquid. Try not to get her notice you, okay? And move as quickly as she sets her foot inside the room.”

“Will do,” she speaks, rising her thumb up while Jaekyung fixes her beanie in place. Seunghyun nearly laughs at her funny appearance with the sunglasses on; she’s completely covered he almost cannot notice her right away!

“Shut up, bingu,” Yoonseo annoyingly chops his head with her hand, resulting in him groaning in pain.

“Guys, guys. Jaejoong just messaged me that they’ll be here earlier than what we had planned,” Kyunsoo yells, looking up at them.

“Good,” Seongwoo speaks after downing the water from his cup, placing it rather harshly on the coffee table. He proceeds on grabbing a white cloth on the table, and wears his mask to prevent him smelling the sedation. Using the small pipette, he drops a few of the sedation liquid onto the cloth, folding it several times before handing it to Yoonseo.

“Crap. They’re here!” Jaekyung yells after looking through the window.

“Damn, too early,” Seongwoo hisses, then looks at the three guests. “Everyone, to your position!”

 

-

 

14.23, Seongwoo’s House

 

“Omo, Rin!” Jaekyung chirpily greets her while Jaejoong closes the door behind them. “You’ve come back! How was the tour?”

“It was quite alright,” Rin shrugs whilst smiling a little. “How’s your cute little son?”

“My sister is handling him right now, as we speak,” Jaekyung smiles.

“I see,” she nods. “So, Seongwoo’s here, right?”

“Yup. He’s waiting for you. Go straight ahead!”

 

As they walk towards the room’s door, Rin opens the door since she is in the front. However, she didn’t notice the strangeness of the scene, nor did she recognize that someone inside the room was waiting beside the door. Directly after she opens the door, the disguised Yoonseo directly suffocate her with the prepared cloth while she holds her strongly to prevent Rin from squirming away. Rin, who didn’t anticipate this at all, tries her best to squirm and to break away from the unknown person, but alas, it didn’t work. Yoonseo’s grip is too tight like a robot.

And soon enough, her struggling movements slowed down, and after another minute, she doesn’t move an inch.

And, as if on cue, Seongwoo and Seunghyun get in through the other door, and carefully hold her in order to lay her cautiously on the bed. Meanwhile, Kyunsoo instructs Yoonseo and Jaejoong to the available beds and sofas while Jaekyung prepares the PASIV machine for use. Once Jaekyung passed an IV cable to Seongwoo, he quickly insert the injection needles onto Rin’s wrist right after Seunghyun swabs an alcohol pad on her wrist.

“Quick, now we have to move fast before the sedation wears off from her,” Seongwoo yells, instructing the others to lay their backs on the beds they’re on. Each received an IV cable, and right after they injected the needles on their wrists, Jaekyung does a quick check on them before going back to the machine, squatting in front of the table that supports the machine.

“Sweet dreams!”

Straight away, she presses the injection activation trigger. And as the machine starts to hiss, the LED timer shows the count down.

 

5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

 

 

 

[to be continued]

 


So, this is the end of the story! Not really the end of it, though. I'm going to continue it, but since the chapters after this are going to be quite long, I'm going to make a separate story for the continuation. I hope you guys enjoy the story, though! Please do tell me if it's confusing, or which part is confusing so I can make it more understandable for you guys.

Anyways, please watch out for an update for the continuation! :D I'm gonna post it here soon! 

Have a nice day, readers! :D