Body Language

(i) Memories of Our Babyhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you think he’s awake?”

“I don’t know. I hope not. Do you know what time Hyuk slept last night? He’s driving me insane. The kid just wouldn’t sleep”

“Oh don’t worry. Donghae isn’t any better. It’s gotten worse now. I don’t even know why he’s active. He can barely crawl.”

“Oh my god, tell me about it. Hyuk is the same. Just so active.”

 

Donghae and Hyukjae’s mom knew each other since high school. They weren’t exactly the best of friends – but since meeting each other at their new job, they became inseparable. Despite seeing each other at their company everyday, the two ladies made sure that they spent Saturdays at each other’s house. They would reminisce their high school days and talk about random topics. And today was no exception. Their husband was, now, watching a game of football in the lounge room while the two mothers sat at the dining table, having a cup of tea.

 

“I don’t know if this is normal. Sora wasn’t this active.”

“Where is Sora anyway?” Hae’s mom asked

“She’s having a sleepover at her grandma’s.”

“Oh I don’t know how you do that.”

“Do what?”

“I wouldn’t ever be able to let Donghae out of my sight. Even if he was staying with my mom. I just can’t. he’s too precious.”

 

Hyukjae’s mom simply smiled, understanding her friend.

“Anyways, did you end up going to the doctors for Donghae?”

“About him not crawling?”

“yeah. Did you?”

“Yeah… the doctor said it’s quite normal. Some babies skip the whole crawling process. But I’m still worried. He just squirms around, slithering on his stomach. It’s cute though.” Donghae’s mom responded in a worried tone.

 

Hyukjae’s mom remained silent, not sure if she should comfort her friend or continue to imagine the cute image of Donghae squirming on his stomach from place to place.

 

“Oh no…”

“What?” Hyuk’s mom’s trail of thought was disturbed

“I think they’re awake.”

 

The two ladies r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter