Stubborn Teeth

(i) Memories of Our Babyhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just past one in the afternoon, which meant that it was lunch time. Hyukjae, the chubby baby that he is, absolutely loved lunch time. He would wake up from his nap and demand for food. But today was different. In fact, Hyukjae had not looked forward to lunch time for about a week now.

 

“Ahh… open your mouth Hyukkie,” His mom instructed.

 

But Hyukjae refused. Instead, he looked away and grabbed the closest thing to him, his dummy, and started to chew on it.

 

Donghae, having been seated on a high stool, observed his friend’s weird attitude. Donghae knew how important it was to eat: his mom always reminded him. So seeing his best friend refusing the food, Donghae was alarmed. He made some incomprehensible noises to get Hyukjae’s mom’s attention. And when he succeeded, he made it known that he wanted to get down from his high chair.

 

Carefully, she placed the bowl of baby food down and carried Donghae to where Hyukjae was lying down, chewing on his dummy. Donghae crawled to get closer and immediately hit the stubborn boy lightly on the stomach. Surprised, Hyukjae sat up and looked confusedly at his friend. He made a motion to take off his dummy, so that he would be able to ask Donghae of the reason he was being beaten, but Donghae was faster. The latter abruptly pulled the dummy from Hyukjae’s mouth and threw it so far away that it was impossible for Hyukjae to retrieve it.

 

Ignoring his friend’s confused look and winces, Donghae pointed to the bowl of food and – in their own language – ordered Hyukjae to eat.

 

But Hyukjae refused.

 

He crawled away and found a soft toy. He began chewing on that. But Donghae was fast to catch up and snatch the monkey plushie. Again, telling Hyukjae to eat.

 

But Hyukjae refused.

 

He crawled away again – in search for something else to chew on. And Donghae followed closely from behind. But when Hyukjae fail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter