Life's Biggest Crisis

(i) Memories of Our Babyhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hyukkie…” Donghae’s tone was almost pleading. If anyone saw the little boy, they would’ve thought he was on the verge of tears.

 

The both of them were seated in their classroom, trying to complete the colouring sheet given to them. Well, at least Hyukjae was. Donghae, on the other hand, was more interested in talking and playing with other children. When none of them seemed to want to respond to Donghae, he felt dejected, miserable and oh-so-lonely. That is when he returned to his seat and pleaded Hyukjae to give him his much needed attention.

 

But of course… that didn’t come easy.

 

“Hyukkie…” Donghae’s voice began to tremble. He really was going to cry.

 

“What?” Hyukjae looked over to his side, not to face his friend but to look at the empty, untouched colouring sheet that belonged to Donghae.

“Oh oh… the teacher is going to be mad at you. so mad. You didn’t even start colouring the fish. You can’t go home if you don’t finish it. You’re so slow.”

 

And just like that, Donghae cried.

He wanted to go home. That was the highlight of his days. Walking for 10 minutes, alongside his best friend. No one else, just the two of them. Even if Hyukjae doesn’t really talk, even if he was the one who had to do most of the talking just to make the journey home feel more lively – Donghae still looked forward to it.

 

“Hyukkie can you do it for me?”

 

“Hell, no. I didn’t even finish mine yet. Do you know how long it takes? It’s so hard.”

 

“Then can I use your crayons?”

 

“You have your pencils. Use t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter