Chapter Six

Kim Jongin

KIMJONGIN

Chapter Six

"Minah Kwon!" Jongin said loudly as he woke up. "Really, this girl is something." He chuckled when he realized his alarm didn't wake her up. Jongin sat up and stared out the window. Last night, he had woken up at 3 in the morning so he that he could pack up Minah's things. They were going to Thailand today. 

***

"Where are we?" Minah sat up in her seat when she felt Jongin shake her awake.

"The airport."

"Jongin! It's 6 in the morning..." She whined.

"And our flight to Thailand leaves in 20 minutes, let's go!" He grabbed her handbag and stepped out of the car so he could open the door for her.

"Minah..." He trailed off when he noticed her looking around. 

"Who dressed me?" She looked down at her clothes. "You..."

"Your maids, I asked them to dress you." Jongin explained.

Minah stepped out of the car relieved and followed him. 

 

"Welcome to Thailand." Jongin smiled and looked around as the private jet dropped him off at his home town. "I grew up here..." He said. 

Minah looked around. "It's pretty here..." 

"You should see the animals my uncl-" He stopped. "I'll show you my house." 

Minah nodded and followed. It was around noon already, Minah dreaded the moment she'd come face to face with Jongin's uncle. 

"Kai!" A woman came running up to Jongin, she threw her arms around him. "You've gotten even taller! Honey, how come you didn't tell me you were coming? Oh, and who's this beautiful lady?" She put her hands together and bowed towards Minah. "Swadeka, welcome to Thailand." 

Minah bowed. 

"Minah, this is my aunt..." 

"Hi." She said shyly. 

"What is all the commotion- Ah...M-Minah..." Jongin's uncle had walked up to them. 

Jongin pulled Minah behind him. "Min let's go to my house..." He mumbled as he pulled her away. 

 

Minah had started crying by the time they reached Jongin's house. 

He sighed and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry...I know you didn't want to see him." 

She wiped her tears away. "I...He ruined it, he ruined everything...I never got to meet my biological dad..." She cried. 

Jongin buried his face into her hair as he held her close. He didn't know what to say, her biological father was one of the people behind the murder of his parents. Was he going to spare him because of Minah? He didn't think so. Jongin tried his best to fight his guilt after thinking like this. Her father wasn't here for 18 years why should he be part of her life now? He thought. 

"And you won't."

"Huh?" She pulled away and looked at him with a confused face.

"I don't want you to meet your father." Jongin said.

"What? Why?" 

"He wasn't here for 18 years of your life, why should he be allowed to come back in just like that? Can he make up for 18 missed birthdays?" He asked coldly. "Unpack...you're staying here." 

"In your room..."

"I don't want you to see uncle." He whispered before leaving. 

 

Out in the shooting range, Jongin furiously fried his gun; every bullet hitting the target perfectly. I went too far. I shouldn't have said that. He regretted telling Minah that she didn't deserve seeing her real dad. 

His thoughts all changed when his uncle walked in. "Kai..."

"You ruined it; her life. You're the reason why Minah's parents were killed." He muttered. 

"Ah..."

"You had an affair with her mother didn't you? When she was a little baby, her father found out and he left them causing her mother to remarry. What the , uncle." He glared.

His uncle remained silent. 

 

"Park Yesung is it? Her real father. He took part of planning the murder because of jealousy. I've hated that bastard my whole life I figured I'd take his wife away from him. His wife was his life, his love, his everything. We had an affair...But he found out a few years later and left her. He wanted her to be lonely." My uncle tells me. 

"But after she remarried he was furious..." He continues. "He never knew Minah's mother had cancer during the few years they were apart and killed her step father with chemicals. It killed her organs and now she's in a coma... Minah's mother was a beautiful thing." 

He dropped his gun and his fist met hiss uncle's face. At this point, he didn't care that he was his uncle. He had absolutely no respect for this man. "You're disgusting. I don't wish to look up to you as my uncle again." He muttered. 

"Then I took you to Thailand and...that's where I met your aunt." He stutters. Jongin takes off his jacket and throws it down onto the floor next to him. "Clean yourself up." 

 

 

***

"Run Minah run!" Jongin cheers her on as Minah runs besides him.

"I've been getting up at 4 in the morning everyday to run until 7! It's been 2 weeks! This stuff is doing me no justice! My legs hurt!" She pants. 

"It'll all pay off in the long run!" Jongin says. "Come on! 15 more minutes until we're done then we can go back and have breakfast." He runs next to her. 

She groans and runs as told. 

 

Minah stays away from Jinsoo in the following months that she trains. Staying with Jongin and his aunt the whole time, she trains successfully. 

"Remember when you told me that training would be over when I could beat you in arm wrestle?" Minah asks.

"Yeah, what about it?" 

"It's been about 11 months of hardcore training now. Try me." She puts her arm up on the table.

Jongin scoffs. "Minah..."

"Kai!!" She whines.

"Okay fine." He props his arm up on the table and slips his hands into hers. 15 minutes later, both arms don't move, they were equivalent in strength. 

Jongin's aunt watches in amusement. "She's as strong as you Kai, what is this?" She teases. 

Minah eyes him and smirks. "Jongin..." She tries to throw him off. 

"What..." He concentrates on his arm strength.

"I love you!" She spits out.

"Agh!" Jongin's arm slams down onto the table in defeat. 


I have a new story out: Click here please