Chapter Four

Kim Jongin

KIMJONGIN

Chapter Four 

I turn around and hold the bullet with two fingers.  I stare into the building across her school, that's where the bullet came from. I grab Minah and start to walk. "We have to get out of here." People are still in shock and the whispers seem to spread throughout the crowd. "Who is he?" "He caught a bullet!" "What's his relationship with her?" 

"You just caught a bullet!" Minah whispers alarmed.

"I know." I say as I quicken my steps completely forgetting that she's wearing heels. "Jongin slow down! I can't keep up." Minah mumbles. 

I sigh and turn around, I sweep her off her feet and walk towards the car which is a few blocks away. 

 

I drive home and as soon I'm in that house, I take the gown off Minah and looked at her from head to toe. "Good, you aren't hurt."

I'm about to go into my room when she stops me. "Wait! Jongin! What was that? You caught a bullet."

I shrug it off. "So?"

"Can you tell me what exactly you're doing? The work you mentioned?"

"I'm here to avenge the death of my parents, I'm here to kill the people who killed my parents...Okay? That's all I can tell you." I huff before shutting the door to my room. 

 

After a few minutes, I hear a faint knock at my door. "Jongin..." Minah calls from the other side.

"What?" I open the door so fast she's surprised as well. 

"Yeun made lunch..." She shrinks back. 

I hug her tiny frame. "Sorry...I scared you didn't I? Let's go." 

Minah pulls away. "I want you to tell me about the work you do." She says hesitantly. 

I shake my head. "Later Minah, later." 

She sighs and walks with the stairs. I feel bad sometimes, I keeping so much information from her although this its just to keep her safe. I never know what she's capable of, Minah could always try to interfere with my work here. 

 

After eating, she sits me down in her room and confronts me. "Talk." 

"Why's your room so ...pink?" I look around and set my eyes on the pink walls and pale pink furniture.

"Jongin!" She whines.

"I don't know if it's a good idea to tell you." I mumble.

"Why?" 

"It's for your safety, you're important to me; one of my top priorities during my time here in Seoul." I confess.

 

I tell her about my uncle and how he raised me. "Back in Thailand, my aunt used to call me Kai. They raised and trained me to be the person I am today." 

"Kai..." Minah lets the name roll around in her head. "Kai Kai Kai Kai Kai." Then she smiles. "It's cute." 

"Anyway, before I left for Korea, my uncle gave me a picture of you." I say as I fish my wallet out of my pocket. "He told me you were important to him."

"What's your uncle's name?" 

"Kim Jinsoo." 

Minah seems to paused for a few minutes before looking around nervously. "O-Oh." 

"What's wrong?" 

She gets up and wonders around her room while touching the nape of her neck. "Nothing."

"Minah you seem bothered." I insist as I stand up and walk to her.

She turns to the window and doesn't reply. "Minah..." I put my hands on her shoulders. She seems to snap at me. "Jongin!" Her hands are in the air and she looks irritated. "Can I be alone?" 

I shake my head and sit down on her bed. "No, not until you tell me what's wrong."

She turns back around and stares out. We're both alone in silence.

 

"My mother...had an affair with a man named Kim Jinsoo. It happened when I was very young, I was a few months old. It caused my parents to divorce, thus my mom then remarried another man. I grew up oblivious to the fact that the man who raised me with my mother wasn't my real father. Yeun told me when I was thirteen and...I've hated him ever since because it was his fault that...I never met my real father." Minah says. She avoids eye contact with me as she looks out the window. There's not much to see, just the busy city of Seoul. 

"I'm sorry." I start. "What was your father's real name?" 

She turns to me. "I don't know, Yeun never told me." There are tears in her eyes and she's about to cry. I hug her lightly. It must be hard for her.

"Maybe we could find him. Yeah?" 

"What if he's one of the sixteen people?" Minah whispers.

"Why would he be?" 

"This is why I don't like talking about him! Jongin, it connects. My real father could've been one of the sixteen people who planned the murder of my parents, out of jealously? Because of the divorce and remarriage thing?" 

I nod as I understand why she wouldn't want to think about this. It was true, what if her real father was one of the men I'd have to kill? 

 

We decided to wait until Yeun was home so we could confront her. Maybe she'd tell Minah something that she's been holding back all these years. During the wait, my uncle sent me a message that will definitely help a lot during my time in Seoul. He sent me a list of people, those people happened to be the sixteen people who were behind the murders of my parents and possibly Minah's too. 


 

><>KIM JONGIN<> - 19:45:06 - 6/27/2013 

Kai! Hope you're doing okay out there, have you been treating Minah well? 

Here's the list of the sixteen people behind your parents murder. After all these years of research I finally completed the list. Please come back in one piece! Thailand misses you! 

  1. Oh Sejun
  2. Byun Jaeyuk
  3. Do Kyungsan
  4. Park Yesung
  5. Kim Junshik
  6. Huang ZiHung
  7. Eddie Lu 
  8. Kim Kunwoo
  9. Kim Donghyun
  10. Wu Jian
  11. Zhang Yingjie
  12. Kwon Junsoo
  13. Hwang Jongsoo
  14. Lee Minhyuk 
  15. Shun ZiHuao 
  16. Yoon Dejun

​*Here's how the list goes, the bold face is the original group of people behind the murders and the italic are the extras; meaning the head paid them to contribute. 


 

I read the email and hoped that the name of Minah's father is not on the list. Yeun finally comes back from running errands, she has a present for Minah too. I smile as her eyes sparkle while she opens the little box. It's a pair of diamond earrings. "They're beautiful...Thank you so much!" She throws her arms around her.

"Oh it's nothing, you're a woman now. After college you're gonna be out there in the real world! Now what was that thing you wanted to ask me?"

"Yeun...What was my father's name? Not the man my mother remarried but, my blood related father." 

Yeun hestiates for a few minutes, then I look at her. "Tell us please."

"Park Yesung, his name was Park Yesung." 


Author's note: /Gasp!/ Comment!