Part 4

Cinderella

Taemin walked up the stairs to his bedroom up in attic. As the chores have been all done, and dishes have been washed, Taemin was sure to get some sleep for once. “TAEMIN!” Or so he thought. “TAEMIN, GET YOUR DOWN HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!” “Coming mother...” Taemin slowly descended the stairs back downstairs, to only be greeted by the devil herself. “Taemin, what is wrong with you? I am sorry that you are lesbian, but that does not mean you can take it out on my daughters either. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!” Madam Kyu yelled. “But mother... I am not a girl... I am-” Taemin was brutally interrupted by a hard slap across the face. “HOW DARE YOU CALL ME THAT, I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER. YOU’RE LUCKY I EVEN KEEP YOU HERE.” Kyuhyun shouted, “You are to address me as madam Kyu, remember?” “Yes, Madam Kyu.” “Good, now since you are down here, you can help the girls and I get ready for the ball tomorrow.” “A ball?” Taemin asked, “Is that the one where the prince Minho will choose his bride-to-be?” “As much as I hate you asking silly questions, yes that is correct.” Kyu replied, “And you’re not going because you are not as pretty as we are.” “If that’s so, then why do you keep mistaking me for a girl, when I’m clearly a guy?” “WHAT WAS THAT??!!!” Kyu raised her hand high, making Taemin cower with fear, “Please! Please do not hit me once again, I was only kidding.” “Hmp, be glad I’m in a good mood because you would be down on the floor. Now since this conversation is over, you can being sewing and adding onto all of our dresses for the night.” “But, that’s going to take me all night...” “How is this my problem? Maybe you should learn to be faster at sewing than. Come girls,” Kyu waved her hand for the girls to follow, “It’s time to go shopping for the perfect accessories for our gowns.” “Later loser.” Said Key and Ren as they all walked out the door, leaving Taemin with the dirty work.

Taemin made the long walk back up the stair to his room, lugging the three heavy dresses behind him. Once he made it to his room again, he threw the dresses over a nearby chair and threw his-self down onto his bed. “Taemin, do this. Taemin do that. Work, work, work. When am I ever going to get some sleep around here?” Taemin began to nod off before realizing that he must stay up to finish the dresses so he wouldn’t get slapped again. Working on throughout the night, Taemin worked long and hard on the dresses, making sure they would stand up to standers of the Kyu, Ren, and Key, or as Taemin likes to call them, the wicked witches. Finally, Taemin completed the last dress as the clock struck midnight. “Done.” Taemin lugged is sleepless body back to bed, as he laid upon it, his eyes were about close for once until... “TAEMIN COME OPEN THE DOOR FOR US.” “For f***k sakes...”

Back down the stairs he went, as for another sleepless night was upon him.  Taemin reached the front door and just as he was about to open it, the door flung open, hitting Taemin right in the face and knocking him onto the floor. “TAEMIN, WHERE ARE YOU!!??” Screeched Madam Kyu, “YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO OPEN THE DOOR FOR US!!” “I’m right here madam...” Taemin mumbled from behind the door. Kyu and girls moved out of way to shut the door, and on floor, Taemin was sitting there in a daze. “Oh good, you are here.” Key snidely replied. “Now, stop being lazy and take our bags.” said Ren as she and sister threw their bags on top of Taemin. Taemin, trying to regain his strength, got up from the floor and collected the bags around him. Before following the girls into their room with bags in toll, Taemin made sure to ask, “Madam Kyu, where are you bags?” “Oh Taemin, how nice of you to ask, they are outside.” Madam Kyu replied. Taemin opened the door and his jaw dropped to see the stack of bags before him. “Be sure to bring every single one of them in.” Madam Kyu said with a smirk, “Oh and also, put everything away for me as well. I must attend to the girls. Thanks dear.” Madam Kyu retired for the night and left Taemin with the work of a slave. Wishing for rest, Taemin worked on throughout the night, wondering where he went wrong in life.