Rebirth of a fallen: Yixing

Rebirth of a fallen

       *Mention of blood, fighting and other "crude" things, this is your warning

Chapter 3: 

                After breakfast Sehun and Kai took off to school, the older boys except, Yixing, Tao and Xiumin left to their respective jobs and college courses. Yixing and Xiumin sat in the living room together watching TV; Tao had wandered off somewhere else.

"How long have you guys lived here for? It's almost completely isolated" Yixing wondered as he looked around the rooms, realizing he has never really been outside since he got here.

"Ah, we've been here for awhile, Kris thought that if we settled down somewhere it might be easier for us to locate you. We had to choose somewhere more secluded, Chanyeol, Kai and Sehun have a habit of messing around too much, so if we're in a busier area it would draw too much attention" Xiumin explained, he got  up and grabbed a photo album from a hidden shelf. "Here, these are all of our pictures, some are really old, and you're in them too" Xiumin sat back down on the couch, closer to Yixing this time and handed him the big album.

"What was...I, he, what was your Yixing like?" Yixing didn’t know how to word the question.

"Well, coming from me it would be hard to explain, we were never as close as you were with Kai, Luhan, Baekhyun and Kris. Asking one of them would probably get you a better answer." Xiumin hesitantly answered.

"Can you tell me what I was like with you?" Yixing smiled hopefully.

"You were a good person, always smiling, you would space out a lot, but things were never dull, you helped Baekhyun make everyone laugh, when we lost you the air got stiff and uncomfortable. Every morning someone would have red puffy eyes, until it began to hurt too much to cry all the time" Yixing noticed the sad smile spreading on Xiumin's lips.

"What if I'm not him, I'd be letting so many people down, I couldn’t live with that pressure" Yixing realizes how much hope everyone has put on him.

"It's not fair to you but we are all certain that it's you, we've been waiting for so long that we'd know it was you anywhere" Xiumin reassures the younger as he lightly shoves him into the side of the couch.

"Hey, you're supposed to be the hyung, that isn’t very adult like" Yixing whines as he pushes the older back. They lightly fight with each other until they hear Tao laughing at them from behind them. They stop and turn to look at the youngest boy as he shakes his head at them, large smile on his face.

"Hey, you immature adults, I'm going out for a bit" Tao grabs his jacket as he leaves through the front door.

"Does he do that often? I mean he seems very independent" Yixing tried to find the right words that he wanted to say.

"Nah, it's just been weird for all of us, so he probably wants to be alone for a bit" Xiumin just laughs.

"Is everyone close, should I be worried about anything?" Yixing still isn’t sure what's going on or what's going to happen. Yixing flips through the album, he stops at a picture of what seems to be himself, with his arms wrapped around a smiling Kris's waist as they squeeze each other for the camera. He feels overwhelming happiness looking at this picture and images start to flash in his mind, images of all twelve of them running around in a big yard, Baekhyun screaming as Chanyeol hauls him onto his shoulders. He sees Sehun pouting at Luhan till he lays in the grass with him; Suho and Chen are walking near the waters' edge and Xiumin is being forced to help Tao train. Kai and Kyungsoo are running around taking pictures of everyone as well as themselves.

"Hey, are you okay?" the images disappear as Xiumin's concerned voice breaks through his thoughts. Yixing wipes at his eyes before the tears are able to fall and he smiles at the older.

"Yeah, I just, I think I was remembering this day" Yixing points to the picture he can't seem to take his eyes away from. Xiumin smiles at the picture and tells him what happened that day, Yixing is amazed that the images he saw in his head is exactly what Xiumin said happened that day.

"It was a wonderful day, everyone was so happy, I think at one point Chanyeol stuck Baekhyun in the tree because he refused to play a game with Chanyeol, it reminded all of us how young we will always be" Xiumin couldn't hide his smile, the day was one of their best.

"I think, uh I'm going to go get some fresh air" Yixing cleared his throat to hide is tears; he grabbed his jacket and shoes, before he left the house. Yixing continues out the door, he walks a little ways away from the house; he looks around and realizes that he can see one of the living room windows.

"We know you found him, history will repeat itself" Yixing can hear a strange voice in the distance before he hears a thud. He takes a few steps and stops when he sees Tao fighting with a stranger not far away. He stands still not sure what to do and just watches Tao defending himself against this stranger and his knife, only using his hands and feet.

"Tao" Yixing yells when he sees the stranger's knife stab into the left side of Tao's abdomen. Both Tao and the stranger look toward Yixing, Yixing tries to warn Tao of the man's arm wrapping around his neck and pressing the knife into Tao's throat.

"Stay back or I will kill him right here, right now" the stranger threatens and presses the knife into the boy's throat some more. Tao growls and is about to flip the man off of him when the man drops the knife as his hand slowly becomes consumed by ice. The man begins to panic; he tries to threaten Yixing and Tao before he disappears down into the trees surrounding their home.

"Tao" Yixing rushes to the boy's side and places his hand on Tao's wound trying to keep pressure on it. Yixing begins to mutter things about bleeding boys and weird people with knives. Tao laughs quietly till the pain stops him and he feels Yixing pressing harder.

"Wait, take your hand away" Tao instructs, Yixing gives him an 'are you stupid look' but Tao lightly takes the other's hand off of his body and Yixing gasps when the wound appears to be closed up, if the blood had not remained Yixing would have thought he had imagined the wound.

"I knew we didn't have anything to worry about" both heads snap behind them to the new voice added to their conversation, to see Xiumin standing not far away with a proud smile.

"What do you mean?" Yixing questions as he stands himself up and offers a hand to the other. Tao takes the hand and allows Yixing to help him to his feet.

"You're Yixing, the healer, the person we told you, you were" Tao explains as he takes the offered damp towel from Xiumin's hand to wipe the remaining blood off of his abdomen before it stains his shirt even more.

"What?" Yixing stares at the both of them confusion clear in his face.

"Yixing, I was the one who froze his hand, Tao controls time but we promised Kris we wouldn't use our powers but, I thought you guys needed it so what he doesn't know won't hurt him" Xiumin gives the younger ones a cheeky smile as he ushers them both back towards the house.

                                ---------------

"It's safer for you to stay here with us, especially if they were able to find us here" Kris explains to Yixing after everyone gathered in the living room to hear what Xiumin and Tao had to say about what happened earlier that morning.

"It's true, we can help you learn to control your power again, and with you living here you will always have someone who can protect you around" Suho adds into the fray of voices trying to convince Yixing to stay with them.

"I don't know, it's all just confusing" Yixing stops to think for a moment before he continues "I'll stay if everyone promises to tell me the truth, if I'm staying here I don’t want to be lied to".

"Everyone will agree to that Yixing, you have nothing to worry about if you stay here" Kris assures the younger boy as everyone nods and gives their signs of agreement.

"Can we maybe talk about how we became these people with powers?" Yixing asks cautiously as he looks around the room. Everyone exchanges glances before Suho clears his throat, getting ready to start.

"Well, I guess it started over 100 years ago, at least one each of our parents were part of a team of brilliant scientists. One day they found a unique rock structure hidden in a very secluded area, when they inspected this foreign structure they realized it had unearth like qualities. They realized that it also had some sort of healing powers and the scientists thought exposing children to this structure may help them understand, but their boss refused their idea to expose children to it" Suho tried to explain what they know in the easiest terms.

"That's when they took it upon themselves to expose children to it, but they were stumped on how they would do it. One of them thought why not bring a piece of it home and leave it in their children's rooms and see what happens after week, month, and years of exposure to this rock. It wasn't until the older ones were around seven through nine that they realized too much exposure gave abilities to freeze things, telepathic abilities, abilities to shape shift and flight, things got out of hand with the children when all twelve of the children they exposed started showing different and unique abilities. When their boss found out that they had disobeyed him and exposed, even though their own children, he was furious and demanded that the children be placed in a home suited to them, until they were able to identify exactly what was happening. The parents had to agree to it, or things would have gotten worse, they were given daily visits, but as the time went on, the parents started to realize that their children weren't being treated as children but test subjects" Xiumin continues for Suho, remembering all the things their parents told them.

"They broke into the institution the children were being held in and broke them out, some of the parents died in the fight to take all the children away from that place. Three of the surviving parents took it upon themselves to raise the twelve kids by themselves, keeping the public from finding out about them. After years of being in hiding and all the children grew up, they realized that something was going on. Exactly 17 years after they introduced the children to the rock structure the children stopped aging, making them all between the ages of 23 and 19. The parents fearing the worst decide to look up anything and everything they can find on related issues" Luhan grimaces at the information he adds on for Yixing.

"They use their background as scientists to get into classified files and find something very surprising. About 50 years before they found the rock structure another group of scientists had found a similar one in another area. That group discovered the same things but instead of using the structure on children they did it to themselves. They kept detailed reports about their experiences, after sometime they got unique abilities, like the children after 17 years they stopped aging, leaving them in their 40's and 50's. They wrote about how they never aged but they could still be wounded, they could still be killed, it was just harder, they had to be exhausted and have very traumatic injuries. They included the death of nearly half of them because the government found out about them, when they refused to go with their rules, they started being killed off. They were amazed when they found children that looked exactly like their dead friends, they watched them grow up and saw how they slowly started to harness the same abilities as the dead person they resembled. They approached them and quickly put all the pieces together, the children were born the exact time the other had died. These were the reports we used when we were growing up, when we lost you, we put our faith in what they told" Kyungsoo finishes the story.

"You mean, it was almost like an experiment?" Yixing stares confusedly at everyone in the room. Kris sighs and walks towards Yixing.

"Our parents were selfish people, they used their children to discover what they had found was" Kris states as if it is the easiest thing to say. Easy conversation breaks out amongst them, until everyone starts to head off to bed.

                                ----------------

                Yixing rolled over in the large bed, slowly waking up to the noise of someone typing on a keyboard. His eyes begin to adjust to the light as he looks around the room to locate the noise. His eyes land on a broad back and he can see that the male is working on the computer in the room.

"Kris?" Yixing sleepily asks, after he yawns and rubs at his eyes. He waits for Kris to say something or even look back at him.

"You should go back to sleep" Kris whispers quietly as he looks over his shoulder at the younger. Yixing shifts on the bed moving himself closer to the edge closest to where Kris is sitting.

"What are you doing?" Kris smiles at Yixing blatantly ignoring him.

"When you live for a long time you have a lot of finances to work out, especially when you take care of 12 people including yourself" Kris comments as he continues to work through the different things.

"By the way, whose clothing am I wearing?" Kris lightly chuckles at Yixing's habit to change the topics like its nothing.

"The pants belong to Baekhyun, and you should sleep" Kris answers as he continues to work out their finances. Yixing hums as he snuggles himself further into the blanket.

"The shirt must be yours, its large, the colour is your style and it smells like you" Kris is startled by the younger's comments, he turns around in his chair to see that the younger has fallen back to sleep. Kris gets up and walks slowly towards the bed and fixes the blankets so they properly cover the sleeping boy.

"I'm sorry that we're hiding things from you, but it's for your own good, you wouldn’t be able to handle knowing that we were in love" Kris whispers and moves some of the others hair out of his face before he returns to his computer. Kris freezes when he hears the other mumbling his name in his sleep, he stops to watch Yixing's sleeping face. Kris doesn’t realize how long he has been watching the other till his computer sounds a warning, telling him there has been no usage for atleast ten minutes. Kris sighs and turns back to finish his work before he shuts off the computer and heads to the living room. Kris doesn’t notice that Yixing is still awake when he walks out of the bedroom, Yixing's eyes never leaves his form as the older closes the door.

"What are you hiding from me...?" Yixing murmurs quietly as he closes his eyes and tries to go back to sleep.

 

   *I apologize if this story is really bad, also sorry for the wait