Rebirth of a fallen: truth, lies and confusion?

Rebirth of a fallen

Chapter 2

                Kris, Luhan and Xiumin were the only remaining members in the living room; the others had wandered off somewhere else. Baekhyun had taken Chanyeol back to their room, fearing that if they had stayed when Yixing woke up that he would be completely uncomfortable. Sehun and Kai had been sent back to school, the older boys had feared they would be too much for him. Luhan and Xiumin would wander away from the couch to deal with other things but neither was surprised to find that Kris had never moved even a step from his position against the opposite wall. Kris ignored everytime knowing looks were sent his way from the others as he continued to watch the sleeping figure. Memories flooding his mind of sleepless nights where his only peace came from holding Yixing in his arms and watching his blissful face as he slept. It almost pained and scared him at the same time, just seeing his face after almost 21 years of only having memories to go with. He's brought back from his thoughts when Luhan and Xiumin walk back into the room. Yixing's body moves slightly on the couch as the three boys look over at him.    

"Hey guys, look, I think he's starting to wake up" a voice calls out.

"Luhan, keep it down" another voice hushes the first.

"Why, it looks like he's waking up, so I can be loud" Luhan childishly argues.

"No you can't, we don’t need you scaring him" the other boy argues back again.

"Xiumin, stop ruining all the fun, a happy environment will be good for him" Luhan is unwilling to lose this round.

"What are you even talking about?" Xiumin is becoming confused.

"Never mind, you wouldn’t under-" Luhan stopped short when he heard a small noise leave Yixing's mouth. He watches as the boy squirms around on the couch, waiting to see if he will finally wake up.

"He'll wake up soon, just give it time" Kris says as he leans against the wall opposite the other three males. Luhan and Xiumin give Kris a curious look before they look back at the sleeping figure. Yixing stirs some more before he lets out a small sigh and stretches out on the couch. No one notices the small smile that breaks out across Kris' lips. They watch silently as the slumbering man's eyes begin to flutter open, he takes his time adjusting to the room's brightness before his eyes go wide.

Xiumin becomes extremely confused when he hears Yixing speaking in a language he hears all the time but has yet to fully master it. Yixing continues to blurt things out in a panic as he scrambles to sit up and place himself further away from the three men in the room with him.

"What did he just say?" Xiumin questions as he looks between himself and the other two males looking at the boy who has just woken up.

"He's freaking out in Chinese" Kris mutters from behind Luhan and Xiumin, Yixing's eyes flick towards him, surprise clear in them.

"Yep, 'what's going on? Where am I? Who are you people? What do you want from me? I want to go home now! Stay away from me! Oh god, I thought those crazy people were just a dream!'" Luhan easily translates for Xiumin.

"He thinks we're crazy, what did we do?" Xiumin is completely confused and he feels a little bit hurt from being called crazy.

"What do you expect? He just woke up in a strangers house, you'd freak out too" Luhan laughs at Xiumin's reaction.

"I woke up in a freak show" Yixing mutters to himself.

"Hey, we can hear you and this isn't a freak show, we helped you" Xiumin complains, this startles the male on the couch. The two look at each other for a while before Luhan laughs at them.

"Okay, to the point, why were you in that building?" Luhan was hoping this would calm the other down and trust them more.

"Oh, I was on my way home from my campus when I got lost and ended up at that abandoned house" Yixing starts to explain.

"And when that idiot started the fire you got caught in it" Luhan adds helpfully as the thinks back to the panic Chanyeol and Baekhyun had run into the house only hours ago.

"Yeah, wait, how did I get out?" Yixing finally realizes that something is not adding up.

"Hey, hyungs, has Yixing-hyung woken up yet?" Chanyeol bursts into the room, practically yelling as he does. But stops short when he hears Yixing's shrill voice screaming in another language.

"What's wrong with him?" Chanyeol stares at the older concern covering his features.

"He's scared of you because you're the one that started the fire and in his eyes almost killed him" Luhan quickly explains as he grabs the panicked man, trying to calm him down. "Yixing stay calm, Chanyeol won't hurt you, it's a misunderstanding" Luhan continues to try and reason with the scared male.

"A misunderstanding, he almost killed me, you people are all crazy" Yixing began to flail and push Luhan away from him.

"If we were really that evil of people, why would we have brought you back to our home and nurse you back to health" Chanyeol tried to defend them.

"I don't know maybe because, YOU ALMOST KILLED ME" Chanyeol huffed in annoyance at the other's answer. He watched as Luhan struggled with the male on the couch, his patients wearing thin. In a last attempt, Luhan grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled. Things seemed to continue in slow motion as a beautiful silver necklace fell to the ground from around Yixing`s neck, everyone followed it as it landed in front of Kris` feet. Eight pairs of eyes watched silently as Kris bent to pick it up, noticing the way his face paled as they caught sight of the unicorn pendant strung to the chain.

"This is yours?" Kris' voice came out cold and distant as he walked towards Yixing on the couch. Luhan wanted to ask Kris what was wrong until he saw the look of utter hate slowly seep into his eyes. Yixing hesitantly reached his hand out to meet Kris` half way, Kris just dropped the necklace as soon as Yixing`s hand was close enough to his.

"Where is Tao?" Kris asked as calmly as he could. "Damnit Xiumin, where is he?!" Kris yelled making everyone near him flinch back and everyone else in the house coming out towards them.

"He's out, I'll call him home now" Xiumin quickly answered, worry showing freely to everyone around him. Kris didn’t reply, nor thank him but walked off towards a different room in the house. Luhan looked over at Xiumin as he pulled his cell phone from his pants pocket, dialing the memorized number immediately.

"Hey Tao, Kris wants you back here" Xiumin tries to hide his unease from his voice.

"What's wrong? You sound upset" Tao easily notices Xiumin's emotional state.

"He found out about the necklace, he's pissed" Xiumin whispers into his phone, but he catches Luhan's attention.

"Did he say anything else to you?" his worry is evident to Xiumin, and Xiumin doesn't understand why there is worry.

"No, was he supposed to?" Xiumin can tell that the younger is trying to hide something.

"No, I'm a couple minutes away, I'll be home soon love" a blush creeps across Xiumin's puffed cheeks at Tao's affectionate words. When he closes his phone he feels eyes watching him and turns to see not only Luhan but Yixing watching him curiously.

"What? Is there something on my face?" Xiumin hurriedly rubs at his cheeks. Luhan snickers at him as he saunters over.

"So, lover boy did something really bad and you knew about it" Luhan enjoys teasing everyone around him, especially when he is bored.

"I have no idea what you're going on about" Xiumin completely ignored Luhan's attempt to get answers out of him, that Luhan didn't need to know.

"Don't play dumb, you little baozi"

"Did you just call him that again?" a new voice asked as he walked into the room and he walks up beside his adorable Xiumin-ge. He lightly leans against the shorter males shoulder as he directs his attention to Luhan.

"You, pain in the back side, are wanted in the dragon's den, so I suggest you better get moving before he comes out and eats all our heads" Luhan shoos him away quickly, almost pushing in his haste. Tao sighs, and lightly nudges Xiumin before he heads into Kris' room.

                ----------

                "What do you think you were doing?" Kris has to work to keep his voice low so the others outside can't hear their conversation.

"What's the problem, it's his necklace anyways" Tao retorts back, mimicking Kris' annoyed stance. Both had their arms crossed against their chests with challenging glints in their eyes.

"It wasn't up to you, I gave it to him, not you" Kris was getting angrier as their conversation continued.

"Really? You were so set on finding him, but the minute we found him you shut him out completely and anything that has to do with him" Tao is letting all of his steam out because he is tired of watching Kris.

"Shut up, you don't know what I've gone through, the man I loved died in my arms and he comes back looking the exact same as before but how do I know if that truly is him? Tao, can you guarantee that he is the same man that I loved? Can you guarantee that he will love me back?" Kris is finally saying his fears out loud.

"Kris...I thought it would help him along"

"Just stop, I kept that necklace because it meant everything to him, I want to be sure that we still me everything to him" Kris didn't bother to hide his defeat anymore.

"He was reborn, same name, same face, he will and is the Yixing that we lost, you meant the world to that Yixing and this one" Tao is trying to calm the older down but Tao fears that Kris has had too much free time to break his own heart.

"Let's stop talking about this, he'll leave once we stop talking to him" Kris sighs and moves towards his bedroom door.

"We all saw how quickly he recovered from that smoke inhalation, he is our healer, and he is our Yixing" Tao states proudly, but the proud smile drops from his face as he sees Yixing standing in the doorway.

"What is going on?" he demands with a grim expression as everyone looks to each other, not sure if telling him is the best idea. Yixing taps his foot, showing his clear impatience with these people around him. "You were the one at my house; I thought it was just a dream. Why did you tell me to remember soon before you left? I was so confused, when I woke up the next morning this necklace was around my neck" Yixing reaffirmed his seriousness on this matter.

"Yixing calm down, it's a long story" Kris tries to deter the younger male.

"I want the truth" Yixing is visibly upset and he won't stand for any topic changes.

"Fine, we aren't regular humans, neither are you" Kris states plainly and he smirks at the irritation showing on the younger's face.

"We're known as guardians or protectors, an ancient blood" Luhan says as he enters the room, giving Kris a dirty. "No one is quite sure when the first generation was but we do know that we don't age and that we can die" Luhan quickly adds before anyone can try and stop the conversation.

"Each person has an ability that will never go away, people have been hunting us down for decades, trying to find a way to permanently get rid of us" Kris gives in and helps explain to Yixing.

"And you think that I am one of you? I don't have any weird power" Yixing adds dejectedly.

"Yes, I can see time, the past and future and I saw your rebirth, and I saw you fall out of that tree before it happened. When I was positive you were Yixing, I gave you the necklace, and I had hoped it would be familiar to you and help you remember. I saw you being brought to the hospital so I told the others; Luhan and Kai were standing outside of your hospital room. They knew you best, so having them go see you was to make sure that I wasn't wrong" Tao smiles proudly at his idea, and it turns cute when he realizes Yixing is just staring at him.

"It is possible for us to die, Yixing, you died 21 years ago" Luhan adds sadly. He is about to speak again when everyone freezes at the sight of Yixing losing balance. He is about to hit the ground when Kris finally moves from his place and scoops the younger into his arms. Kris walks over to his bed, placing Yixing on it and tucks the younger into the blankets.

"Everyone out, this has been too much for him. You are forbidden from telling him anything else unless I say it is okay, am I clear?" Kris takes authority as he turns to face everyone who has now gathered in his bed room's doorway. He sighs in frustration as everyone nods and leaves his room; he drops himself into a chair near the bed. He watches Yixing's exhausted sleeping face for a sometime before he places his face in his hands.

"Kris..." Luhan whispers as he stops in front of Kris' open door, he waits for any sign of response from the other male. He smiles at the low grunt Kris gives him without lifting his face from his hands. "Yixing will be alright, give him time" Luhan adds encouragingly, he only walks away from the open door when Kris gives him a small nod of his head.

                ---------

Yixing wakes up to the smell of breakfast being cooked in the kitchen ad sun in his face. He stretches out on the large bed, when he stops, remembering that his bed wasn't this big. The memories of everything from last night rushes back and Yixing slowly starts to take in his surroundings. He is in a spacious room, a closet is set one wall, the bed is placed against the wall in the middle of the room, on the same wall as the closet there is another door that leads to the bathroom. There is a desk and chair against the wall opposite the closet and another plush chair sitting between the bed and desk, almost directly in front of one of the windows. As Yixing climbs out of the bed, he notices papers tacked to the wall, scratched out writing covering each one. When he takes a closer look, he can see that they are lists of births for the date he was born. There are hundreds of lists from hundreds of hospitals, and he doesn't quite understand why.

"Good, you're up, I was afraid I would have to disturb your slumber" Yixing swirls around to see Luhan smiling softly at him from the door.

"What are these?" Yixing wonders aloud and he hears Luhan hum in acknowledgement as the older steps towards him.

"We can be killed, and since Kris is our leader it is up to him to find where the 'new' one is. When one of us dies, because of what we are, the one who died is reborn, at the exact time of their death. When you died Kris and Tao immediately began searching and gathering lists of every male born at the exact time you were" Luhan calmly explains and he watches Yixing's emotions play across his face.

"How did he find me, was it all because of Tao?" Yixing asked, running his fingers along his name that was circled in a dark red pen.

"No, Kris narrowed it down to five people, all males around 20 years old and they all were hemophiliacs, with Tao's help we found the one that matched the face Tao saw in his dreams" Luhan watches the how Yixing is caught off guard by the mention of his health.  

"Does everyone know that I'm a hemophiliac?" Yixing looks over to Luhan and sighs when he sees Luhan nod affirmation to his question.

 "Hey, breakfast is ready, so do you wanna eat?" Luhan tries to brighten the younger's mood and he lightly guides him out of the room and into the kitchen. 

                     *so this maybe my last update for a week beacuse my 19th birhtday is coming up and I have a weekend planned out with my friends so I won't have a lot of time to work on the next chapter. I will try to have it done by early friday, right before my friends show up but this is me giving you a heads up that you might have  to wait a bit longer than usual for the next chapter.