Rebirth of a fallen: into the fire

Rebirth of a fallen

Chapter 1:

                It was the last day of Yixing's semester at college, packing his shoulder bag with all of his personal items. He was excited to go back to his apartment to enjoy the beginning of his summer break, especially after falling out of a tree a few days earlier. He wanders around the campus for a bit, talking to any of his friends he runs into, being forced to retell his lovely accident to everyone.

"Hey, Yixing, I heard you fell out of a tree the other day and that's why you missed classes the last two days" one of his friend wonders when they meet up in the halls.

"Yeah, there was a kitten in the tree that was stuck so I climbed the tree to help the little guy down" Yixing smiles shyly, he remembers how angry his dad was at him for doing it, Yixing didn’t get why, it's not like he broke anything anyways.

"Really? I bet your old man was pissed" the other laughs at his weird friend.

 "Yep, I don’t get why the hospital even called him, it wasn’t anything serious" Yixing pouts at the thought.

"Maybe they called him because of your health records?" his friend suggests.

"I never thought of that..." Yixing trails off as he thinks it over.

"That's the only reason I can think of, well I have to head out now, see you in a couple weeks?" his friend reminds him.

"Yeah, I'll call you if anything pops up and I can't get out to the party" Yixing nods and bids his friend good bye as the other begins to walk away.

 He double checks his bag and rented locker to make sure that he hasn’t forgotten anything before he figures it's time to go. He heads off the campus and begins to walk home. He passes by some of his other classmates on the street and they talk for a bit before they head their separate ways.

"Hey, have you heard about the latest building that was set on fire?" Yixing hears some teenagers talking.

"Yeah, I heard it was an abandoned building again, didn’t these fires start a little over 20 years ago? And the cops think that it's the same people the whole time?"

"I think so, from all the things I've heard, they're saying it must have been some teens back then that haven't gotten over burning things".

He continues to walk down the street, not paying attention to his surroundings. When he finally decides to look around, he realizes that he ended up in a completely unfamiliar place. He is standing directly in front of what seems to be an abandoned building. The building looks like it is two stories high and there are boards covering different parts of the building. Yixing assumed that it had been abandoned for multiple years and he can't help but wonder what it used to be used for. When he looks behind himself, he can hear people talking not far in the distance. His curiosity gets the better of him and he wanders into the building. The door creaks loudly as he opens it and steps inside. The broken windows allow for a lot of the sun to get, he stumbles over a few pieces of broken furniture scattered across the floor. He continues to look around, moving objects out of his path. As he moves further into the building, he is startled by the sound of movement somewhere else in the building. Against his better judgement he wanders even further, following the sounds he hears. He stops abruptly when he nears a doorway, where he can hear loud talking and laughter.

"God, you're such a dork"

"Shut up, you know it's hard to control when we're missing a member" a deeper voice than the first almost whines.

"I know, but thanks to Tao we found him" the first boy spoke again.

"I hope that he's the same as before, it would be really hard if he wasn't" Yixing is amazed at how deep the one voice is.

"Yeah, you better hurry up if you want to get back for supper" Yixing hears soft mutters from the male with the deep voice.

The building becomes quiet all of a sudden before loud crackling breaks through the silence and Yixing can hear a content sigh.

"Can we go now? Got it out of your system?"

Yixing begins to panic when he feels the heat radiating from inside the room; he tries to back away quietly but trips over broken things on the ground. He could feel the smoke entering his lungs, he begins to choke and cough.

"Oh , Chanyeol, someone else is in here, "

"Baek, it's the boy that was in the hospital, its Yixing" Chanyeol begins to panic as he sees the boy trying to get up but unable to because of his hard coughing. Baekhyun rushes over to Chanyeol and quickly covers the fallen male's body with his jacket.

"Chanyeol, grab him, we have to get him out of here" Baekhyun instructs as he helps Chanyeol put the other male onto his back. When Yixing is secure, they quickly find their way out of the building as its being consumed by flames.

"What are we suppose to do with him?" Chanyeol inquires once they are at a safe distance from the burning building.

"We bring him back with us, figure things out there" Baekhyun runs ahead to get their hidden cars back seat door open so Chanyeol can place the unconscious Yixing in the back. Chanyeol gets into the driver seat as Baekhyun buckles himself into the passenger seat and Chanyeol drives off.

"Why was he there? How did we not notice him?" Baekhyun is frantic as he looks into the back seat and is slightly relieved to see that the other no longer coughing on the smoke.

"I have no idea, he probably came in after us, and maybe this is our way of officially meeting him?" Chanyeol rambles off, trying to calm the smaller male down.

"That would be a cruel way of doing it, I mean we already lost him once" Baekhyun is near tears as he reaches into the back to fix his jacket, using it as a blanket for Yixing.

"Stop worrying, he's safe with us" Chanyeol turns onto the small road that leads to their cozy home, and he feels relief when the other cars that they own come into view.

"He's not safe with us, if he was, we never would have lost him the first time"

"Baek, stop talking like that, if Kris hears you, things will get bad" Chanyeol is near pleading now; the mention of Yixing in front of Kris has become almost taboo. Baekhyun doesn’t say anything in reply to Chanyeol but practically jumps out of the car once it is stopped in their drive way. Chanyeol quickly moves to the back and picks the limp boy out of his car and carries him to the front door as Baekhyun opens it and yells for the others inside.

"What are you two yelling about now?"

"Luhan-hyung, we didn’t know he was there, and we didn’t know what to do so we brought him back here" Baekhyun lets out in one breath as he motions to Chanyeol and the boy he is carrying in his arms.

"What? Who was there? Are you talking about when you set that fire?" Luhan is confused by Baekhyun's rushed words.

"Yes, we found him after Chanyeol started it, it's Yixing" Baekhyun all but yells at his hyung.

"Yixing?" another voice asks as he walks into the main room, followed by four other males, while the fifth stayed back, leaning against a doorframe.

"Yeah, he breathed in some of the smoke" Chanyeol explains as he places him gently on the couch.

"Okay, I'll call Sehun home so we can get some air back into his lungs" Luhan leaves the room to get his cell phone before returning.

"Hey hyung, what's up? I swear me and Kai are still at school" the voice on the other line quickly answers.

"Sehun we both know that's not true, but that isn’t the point, I need you to get home now" Luhan ignores the younger's comments.

"What's going on?" Sehun becomes serious at Luhan's tone.

"It's a long story, just get Kai to teleport you both here, don't be stupid and do it in the open either" Luhan adds in before he hangs up the phone.

"No goodbye, I love you Sehunnie? What's up with that?" Sehun complains as he and Kai appear out of smoke.

"We have more important things to deal with then your whining" Baekhyun states as he drags the younger towards the couch.

"Hey, isn’t that Yixing? What did you guys do to him?" Kai asks as he follows Baekhyun and Sehun over to the couch.

"He got caught in the fire Chanyeol set, breathed in too much smoke so we need Maknae here to get some air into his lungs so he'll breath properly" Baekhyun quickly answers, nudging Sehun in the side.

"Okay, I get it" Sehun mutters as he summons air and slowly moves it into Yixing's body, he coughs for a bit but once it stops they can all see that his breathing has improved.

"What are we suppose to do about any internal injuries" Kyungsoo becomes worried with this new thought.

"If he is Yixing, his abilities will heal him and he will be fine" the male leaning on the doorframe finally says something and walks towards the couch.

"What if his healing hasn't been accessed yet and he dies on our couch?" Baekhyun pales at the thought.

"His ability to heal himself will always be accessible to him; it's his ability to heal others that won't be" Kris states, irritation clear in his voice.

How do these people know my name? What are they talking about? Me? Able to heal myself? That's crazy? Some of these people are the ones who set the fire? Are they all lunatics? Yixing can hear them talking but he is too weak to open his eyes or move his body. He gives up fighting with his sleepiness again and lets it take him.