Rebirth of a fallen: stupid Kris

Rebirth of a fallen

Chapter 6- 

                Yixing wakes up, body sore, his face heats when he realizes that was but wasn’t his first time with Kris. He feels a smile spread across his face and he reaches a hand out across the bed, feeling for the lanky body that isn’t there anymore. The empty spot beside him is cold and he can tell that Kris hasn't been beside him for some time. He sits up in a rush, feeling panic running throughout his entire body, and his face falls. He knows the older's work schedule and today was his day off so he shouldn't be out of bed, especially after last night and leaving Yixing alone. He shifts around and buries his face in the pillow, muffling his cries as he lets the tears come.

"Yixing?" Luhan's voice questions as he opens the door slowly, Yixing stays quiet and still as he hopes the older boy thinks he is still asleep. Luhan is about to turn around, believing the younger is still asleep, when he hears a muffled cry. He hesitantly walks towards the bed, sitting down on the edge and gently playing with the younger's hair. "What's wrong?" Luhan watches Yixing shake his head and refuse to talk. "I would go get Kris but he left rather quickly this morning about some fake meeting, he seemed kind of panicked too..." Luhan trails off when he notices that Yixing's crying has gotten stronger at the mention of Kris.

"I-It's nothing" Yixing barely gets the two words out of his mouth between his hard cries. Luhan stares at the back of his head incredulously, as the younger continues to deny being upset.

"Yixing, something is wrong, did Kris do something?" Luhan tries again to get the younger talking, worried that the leader was being stupid again.

"Kris, he-he just left after, he didn’t say anything.. I don’t know" Yixing's voice blabbers off randomly as Luhan attempts to understand his ramblings.

"What happened?" Luhan ruffles Yixing's hair affectionately, trying to comfort the other boy. Luhan watches as Yixing shifts on the bed, turning towards him and burying his tear stained face into the fabric covering the older's slim legs. Yixing sniffles and rubs at his eyes, taking deep breaths before looking up at Luhan, sadness written clearly in his brown eyes.

"We, we, um, we slept together last night and he was gone when I woke up" Yixing stutters out, face turning red as he averts his eyes from Luhan.

"Okay, it's not the first time you guys shared a bed" Luhan trails off staring at Yixing confusion in his eyes, not getting why it was different this time. Luhan's mouth opens in a small 'o' when it finally hits him. "You mean, you slept together, as in , pressed close together, hard and panti-" the rest of Luhan's sentence is garbled into Yixing's pale palm.

"He even said 'wo ai ni', but he was gone when I woke up, no note or anything" Yixing's tears start to come again, seemingly faster and more than before.  Luhan sighs dejectedly a hand easily massaging Yixing's scalp with his fingers. He quickly thinks of ways to beat Kris for hurting the younger right after they got him back.

"He's just not use to having you in his life" Luhan tries to explain simply, without worrying Yixing more than he already is. Yixing sniffles some more, Luhan sits quietly and watches as he falls asleep, tears falling easily from his closed eyes.

When Luhan is sure Yixing is fast asleep, he slips out from underneath the younger. He makes sure that Yixing is comfortable before he heads out of the room grumbling. Sehun watches Luhan leave Kris' bedroom, an angry scowl on his face as he moves around the room. Luhan looks up, when he feels a familiar set of eyes following his every move. A smile slips across his lips when his eyes meet with Sehun's as the younger gives him a confused look. Luhan hops onto the couch, pressing himself against Sehun's side and rests his head on the younger's shoulder.

"What's wrong hyung?" Sehun asks and nudges Luhan's mop of honey coloured hair with his cheek. He hears Luhan sigh and mumbled about tall idiots that can never do anything right. Luhan decides to swing his legs up to cross over Sehun's thighs and taking one of Sehun's hands into the both of his.

"Kris, I swear he is screwing everything up, especially things with Yixing" Luhan bemoans, not wanting to tell anyone about the intimate moment Kris had with the younger that he has run away from. Sehun presses a kiss to Luhan's temple, humming an encouragement for Luhan to continue. "I can't believe how idiotic he can be, I mean, doe he not want things to work out between them?" Luhan huffs out an annoyed breath as he relaxes more against Sehun.

"Yell at him when he comes back home?" Sehun offers simply, not understanding the full problem that Luhan is worried over. Luhan shakes his head; he stops to listen for a moment and is happy when he doesn’t hear any noise, indicating that Yixing has awoken again. "Then what can you do?" Sehun wonders, trying to figure out a way to help his beloved hyung. Luhan plays with the younger's fingers that are still in his grasp, thinking through everything he can do to help Kris and Yixing.

 "Kris ran away from Yixing this morning, when he should have stayed and talked to the poor kid" Luhan explains a bit more for Sehun to understand. Sehun hums in understanding, staying quiet to let Luhan think things through. "You know what? When he gets back I'm going to give him an earful" Luhan states proudly as he sits straight throwing a fist into the air. Sehun tries to hide his snicker but Luhan catches him and pouts cutely at him, until Sehun stops and hugs the older tightly.

----------------

                It is hours after dinner when Kris finally returns, everyone is fast asleep. Kris quietly enters the house, stubbing his foot on the edge of the wall after he managed to get his shoes off by the door. He isn’t expecting to turn around and find Luhan glaring at him from the couch, arms crossed over his chest.

", you scared the crap out of me" Kris hisses as he walks further into the living room, not realizing Luhan is angry at him. "Waiting up for the Maknae and his idiot Maknae buddy to back from partying with friends?" Kris whispers quietly, a teasing tone telling Luhan that the slightly younger doesn’t realize he's waiting for him.

"No, Sehun is in bed, waiting for me" Luhan emphasises Sehun's name and continues to stare angrily at Kris. Kris looks at him for a long moment, trying to understand what he's missing.

"Then why aren’t you in bed, on watch for something?" Kris tries again, taking his jacket off and placing it in the coat closet just before the open living room. He hears a loud sigh come from the smaller male sitting on the couch, before giving him a quick look over his shoulder before he closes the coat closet door.

"Waiting for you, you moron" Luhan tries to hide some of his disgust in his voice, as Kris finally stops to actually look at him. Kris sighs, running a hand through his short blonde hair before stopping in front of Luhan and he waits for the other to continue talking.

"Okay, what is it?" Kris gives up and asks when Luhan doesn’t say anything to him. They stare at each other for some time before Luhan, shifts.

"I should hit you right now, I really really want to, but I shouldn’t, Yixing wouldn’t want me to cause a commotion" Luhan practically spits at the taller male, he stands up and begins to pace.

"What are you-" Kris is interrupted by a glare from Luhan, so he sits there quietly and waits for him to continue.

"You sleep with him, this Yixing was a Kris, and then you run away, YOU RUN AWAY" Luhan raises his voice a bit at the end of his sentence, his frustration leaking through. "The poor boy is into a world he doesn’t know, people he doesn’t remember and a lover he has no knowledge of and he gives himself to this life not asking for anything in return and you tell him you love him only to run away from him" Luhan hisses through clenched teeth and he picks a pillow up off the couch, whipping it at Kris. Kris catches the pillow just before it connects with his face. He stares at Luhan in surprise, before he quickly forces his face back to his normal ' face'.

"What did he say?" Kris asks quietly, looking away from Luhan. Luhan stares at him, unable to believe that Kris has the audacity to look embarrassed. "Damn it Luhan, what did he say to you?" Kris looks up at Luhan now, showing true emotions, fear mainly, in his dark orbs.

"A lot of things, I couldn’t understand it all, especially since he was sobbing into my thigh" Luhan replies, purposely mentioning the younger's emotional state. Worry passes across Kris' face before he covers his face with his hands.        

"You don’t understand, Luhan, you have it easy, you didn’t lose your heart, only to get it back years later and have it not realize that it's your missing heart" Kris whispers the end of his sentence, so low that Luhan almost doesn’t hear him but he does.

"Kris, I may not understand, but it isn’t fair for you to do that to him after he gave you everything" Luhan places a small hand on the taller male's shoulder, comforting yet firm. "Talk to him, open yourself up to him and tell him everything, he hardly left your bed today and whenever I went in to see him he was crying or had cried himself to sleep" Luhan whispers softly moving his hand up to Kris' hair and ruffling it affectionately. Kris sighs and nods, walking towards his closed bedroom door, he looks back at Luhan to see a soft smile on his face and Kris returns it with one of his own.

Kris opens the door as slowly as he can, hoping that it won't wake Yixing up, especially if he has managed to fall asleep, especially if he has been crying himself to sleep. He stops at the edge of the bed, heart breaking at the sight he sees in his bed. Yixing is curled up in the middle of the bed, holding Kris' pillow tight to his chest, wearing the older's favourite t-shirt. The hardest thing for Kris to look at is the swollen skin around the small boy's eyes and the tear stains running down his pale cheeks. Kris sighs dejectedly, quietly switching into his nightwear. He walks over to Yixing; gently whipping away the tears that are left on the younger's cheeks with his thumbs. Yixing curls tighter into the pillow and Kris hears a small whimper escape his lips but he continues to sleep. He slips softly into the bed, pulling Yixing and his pillow flush against himself, wrapping his arms around the others slim waist. He lifts Yixing's fringe away from his eyes and he presses a soft kiss to his forehead, before he pulls Yixing's forgotten pillow under their heads. He falls asleep later, after noticing when Luhan finally makes his way to Sehun, in their bed when he hears the older's bedroom door open.

                -----------

Yixing wakes up in the morning, body feeling warmer than when he went to bed. He tries to shift his half asleep body only to feel arms tighten around his waist. Yixing rubs at his sore eyes before they flutter open and Yixing's breath catches when he sees the brown eyes staring back at him. He doesn’t realize he is crying until Kris pulls him closer, whispering 'please don't cry, I'm an idiot and I'm sorry' as he kisses the younger's tears away.

"I shouldn't have left you like that yesterday, I'm really sorry Yixing" Kris pleads for the younger to stop crying and forgive him. Yixing doesn't answer but he buries his face further into the older's chest as he tries to calm his breathing and stop his tears. "I meant what I said but I was a afraid that I was overwhelming you, and thought it would be better to give you space" Kris quickly explains but he becomes unsure as Yixing stares at him like he was an idiot.

"If it was too much Kris, I would have left when everything first became weird" Yixing scoffs at Kris, wrapping his arms around Kris' neck, kissing him softly on the lips. Kris smiles at him sheepishly, realizing that Yixing had a good point. Kris leans down blowing his warm breath against Yixing's neck, smirking when the younger shivers and tries to push him away.

"Kris, are you really going to do this now?" Yixing questions before Kris can move in toward him once again. Kris shifts them around on the bed so that he is leaning on Yixing, using his body to hold the younger against the mattress. Kris leans into the Yixing's neck, purposely blowing on Yixing's sensitive neck. A gummy smile breaks out across his face as Yixing begins to thrash against him, trying to get away from the 'torture'.

"Kris, please, oh god, stop that" Yixing manages to get out between his giggles and he tries to catch his breath as Kris continues. The other people in the house can hear Yixing's breathless pleads from the kitchen where they're starting their breakfast. Everyone smiles happily at the two idiots messing around in the bedroom together. Everyone once in awhile they hear Kris' laughter or Yixing's breathless complaints.

                -----------

Everyone has finished eating their lunches, and decided to all gather into the living room. They make themselves comfortable on the furniture or floor and chatter easily erupts throughout the room. They are all surprised when Yixing brings up their past and starts to ask more about what happened all those years ago.

"Can I, can I ask what happened to me?" Yixing asks hesitantly, worried about the reactions he will receive from everyone else. Yixing notices how everyone as subtly as possible glances at Kris, eyes asking permission to explain this story.

"Its fine, you deserve to know" Kris answers and he takes a deep breath before he begins answering Yixing's questions. "What exactly do you want to know?" Kris asks and he wraps an arm around the younger's shoulders pulling him into his side.

"Well, what happened that day?" Yixing decides to start at the beginning; he hopes that it is the easier part of the story.

"Well, we all woke up that morning feeling off, almost like we knew exactly what would be happening that day. We were on edge when Tao got a flash of the future, the world was being destroyed by these men, we had to figure out where it would start and when we did we met them there" Kris begins the story but stops eventually when everyone can tell he is getting close to what Yixing really wants to know.

"We fought, we were stronger but outnumbered and when you were killed, it seemed like it all happened so fast. Kris single handily killed the few that were stupid enough to remain, after what they had just done. Kris carried you back and we performed a proper ceremony before we buried your body in your favourite spot" Luhan quickly continues, everyone notices the expression darkening on Kris' face.

"I use to dream about dying, and being carried away by someone, but I guess those weren't dreams, were they?" Yixing looks up at Kris, innocent eyes asking for an answer. Afraid of his own voice, Kris nods his head in affirmation and Yixing leans even closer into him. "Are there still some of them out there?" Yixing decides to change the subject, when he realizes how uncomfortable the air is becoming.

"Well the few that did manage to get away haven’t shown themselves since, except for the few that came after Tao" Luhan states nonchalantly and he shrugs his shoulders.

"They might be plotting something and it's possible that we will see them again" Xiumin states quietly, quickly grabbing onto Tao's hand and interlocking their fingers. Tao smiles softly at the older boy and playfully presses the older one into the side of the couch.

"I don’t think we have to worry about them anymore, if they were planning something they would have shown themselves the minute we found Yixing" Suho quickly adds, trying to calm Xiumin's suspicions.

"Suho hyung, history has been known to repeat itself, they have only ever come after us when we were a full twelve, so they may start coming after us again" Tao tries to show them just how possible this danger can be towards their small 'family'. Tao doesn’t back down when Suho throws him an enraged look.

"If they come, we will deal with it then" Kris announces quickly, stopping any arguments from starting up. "For now, we will live our lives and be happy" Kris says with a tone of finality, informing everyone that the discussion is now over. Silence passes between them before Baekhyun and Chanyeol start cracking stupid jokes, getting everyone's spirits back up. 

 

* Sorry for the late update, but here is the nect chapter.