Dinner

Undercover Criminals

After their exhausting workout, it was time for the Sector dinner. There had been a huge debate between the two Head Captains (Park and Kim), Director Ailee, and the mental specialists. There were about 20 criminals under the Regulated Sector, and there were two possible options for dinner.

1) Allow all the members of the Regulated Sector to eat together.

2) Seperate the units of the Regulated Sector into different dining rooms.

The first option ran the risk of a riot, and the last option discouraged a healthy atmosphere for growing relationships between the units. And trust was of the utmost importance in this type of business.

In the end, it was decided that the first option would be chosen, with an army of guards keeping watch and all items that could be used as weapons removed. As a result, chopsticks and knives were taken away and the whole cafeteria used rubbery baby spoons for every type of food.

Ailee and her unit (Ga-in, Taemin, Jiyong) were Team One. The other six teams were led by minor captains and officials.

Jiyong strut through the cafeteria's door, with the rest of Team One trailing behind him. When he was told that all the criminals of the Regulated Sector would be eating together, he was ecstatic. This was exactly the kind of atmosphere he thrived in. As a mob boss' son, he was used to large orginizations of scary people, and being in charge of them. Ailee had warned him that this situation wouldn't be exactly like that, but he paid her no mind. What did this naive, delicate girl know?

But he soon learned his lesson. Ailee was right. This was NOTHING like Jiyong was expecting.

Jiyong's POV:

The cafeteria doors were right in front of me. I turned back to give Ailee a wink before swinging the doors open and walking in.

Heh, I bet I look so cool right now. I bet even that stupid ice princess, Ga-in, is watching me with admiration.

"Uh, hyung?" Taemin tugged on my elbow. Dammit. He's cramping my style... Shaking his hand off, I didn't look away from the buffett table. I refused to make eye contact with any of these other so called "criminals" that were sitting around the dinner tables.

In order to prove that I was the alpha, I needed to stare ahead like they were nothing but dirt to me. At this rate, they would be under my control within a week. Then I could organize a rebellion, and break out of this awful place.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ailee got in line behind me, piling food onto her plate. Pig.

"Nothing, what are you doing?" I glanced sideways at her.

"Laughing at you."

"Eh?" I looked over her, and met eyes with Taemin. He grinned, and pointed at my feet.

I closed my eyes. Please. Please. Please. Don't tell me it's what I think it is. Groaning, I took a quick peek down. .

Of course I had to go to the bathroom before the dinner break. And of course I had toilet paper stuck on my shoe.

I slowly turned around to face the people sitting at the tables.

I mean, honestly, I might have been okay if they giggled a little bit or tried holding in their laughter... but nooooooo.

They had a full-on FREAK OUT. As soon as I made eye contact with them, every single criminal opened their mouth and laughter came spewing out. Some fell off their chairs, and were immediately grabbed by the vigilant guards and forced to sit upright. Others slapped each others' backs and pointed at me.

WHY?! WHY?! I MADE SUCH A BIG DEAL ABOUT MY ENTRANCE AND OH... THE SHAME. I COULD HAVE BEEN  THE KINGKA. Cruel, cruel world...

Ailee patted me on the back. "Good job, Jiyong. You were able to break the ice. Thanks to you, we can use this oppurtunity to  grow into a closer and more tightly knit Sector community." With the most fake smile he had ever seen, Ailee winked and went to sit at an empty table with Ga-in and Taemin following.

Grabbing my food, I sat in front of her and flicked her off. Shrugging, she continued sipping her juice and reading the magazine she had brought with her.

 

Two things I hate so far...

1) Life.

2) AILEE.