Second Meeting

Undercover Criminals

This meeting was a bit more formal than the last. The captured criminals were still hand-cuffed to their chairs, but they were no longer wearing those hideous orange jumpsuits. It seemed to brighten Jiyong and Taemin's mood, but Ga-in looked like she wouldn't care if she was wearing absolutely nothing.

The President stood at the front of the meeting room. A large round table was surrounded by representatives from both the military and political department. Taemin, Jiyong, and Ga-in were seated in the far back and blocked off by three burly men holding three very scary guns.

"The doctors have checked off each individual, and we're ready to begin as soon as you sign the papers, Mr. President." Ailee stated, standing to get his attention.

The President turned towards her and nodded slowly. He was reluctant to approve this program in the first place, and now that it was finally time to start the actual training, he seemed to want to back out of his decision. Ailee smiled, "Don't worry. Everything will be taken care of. And if the Regulated Sector causes any risk to our nation, well... the criminals, I mean, our new recruits can be immediately and effectively terminated."

A few of the officers and generals glanced at each other. They had known Ailee since she was a young upstart, working her way to the top. It wasn't strange to see her in a position of power. They had always known she would do well. She was, after all, General Lee's one and only child. But it was weird to see her in such a commanding and almost savage image.

"Alright then. Bring the papers."

--------------Training (1 hour later)--------------

"So that crazy Secretary Eunji really meant what she said? If we do something wrong, we're killed?" Jiyong stretched his arms and glanced around the weight room. It was nice to finally get rid of those itchy hand-cuffs, but the word 'terminated' had been bugging him since Ailee had said it. Self-preservation was Jiyong's biggest motivator, and it seemed like this "Regulated Sector" wasn't exactly going to prolong his life.

"All the rules have already been told to each of you. If anyone poses a risk, they're... taken out of the program."

"And killed. So it's either die now or die later." Ga-in finished.

"Or you can try this: don't do anything stupid and live." Ailee glared at her, before walking to the front of the room.

"I'm sure all of you are in great shape, seeing as each of you are constantly running to escape the police and all. So let's see how you do with aerobics."

Taemin blinked. "Aerobics? Like what the old ladies do to lose weight?"

"No, what you guys are going to do so I can measure how far you need to improve physically. Now let's start!"

-------- 10 Minutes Later --------

"I think.... *breathes heavily*.... I'm going to.... need.... to sit down.... for a second....." Taemin collapsed in a pile of sweat and tears.

"Heh, little guy can't take all this exercise, huh?" Jiyong smirked and pat the poor boy's head. "Don't worry. One day you can be just as big and strong as me."

Ailee bent down next to Taemin, and handed him a bottle of water. "Taemin, honey, it's only been ten minutes."

"Are you kidding me??!!! I am NOT doing anymore." Taemin rolled away, leaving a trail of sweat on the floor.

"Ga-in noona, save me!" Settling behind her, he peeked from behind her legs. She responded by stepping back, and crushing his foot.

"Get up and let's finish."

Yelping, Taemin saluted her before running to the front of the room. "Okay, let's keep going."