Chapter Eight

Cat Fish The Fanfic

March

 

2 weeks before your school break

 

Monday

 

During homeroom. Miss Jung is late. You took out your phone from your bag. Joon Myun mesaged for for 4th or 5th time.

Joon Myun: Do you wanna go out with me?

You: No, what? Are you serious?

Joon Myun: I would have not asked you this if I'm not serious.

You: Without hesitation, you say yes.

 

You told Jongup to meet you after school at the park. "I have something to tell you :D" you said. "Of course I'll be there" Jongup said.

 

Lunch time

You couldn't contain your happiness. You keep smiling. "What's with that smile?" Jongup asked. "I'll tell you later" you said, still smiling. You couldn't wait for class to finish.

 

5pm

Finally. You went home straight away. You rushed to your room and changed. Your ready to tell Jongup the good news. You waited for him to come. 30 minutes later he arrived. "Jongupie!!!!" you said, hugging him. "Jiyon-ah, don't call me by nickname" he demanded. "Ahh you're so cute" you said, pinching his cheeks. Both of you sat on the swings.

 

"Listen, this is really important. You have promise that you'll support me" you told Jongup. "Uhmm, how do I say this? Uhm Joon Myun asked me out?" you said. "What was your answer?" Jongup asked. "I said yes" you replied. He stood up and said "Congratulations." He walked away from you. He didn't look back. "Serously, what's up with him" you thought.

 

Jongup's POV

How could she say yes to that guy. They only meet online. I really blame myself for not confessing to her first.

 

Tuesday

You woke up with a big smile on your face. You walked to the kitchen humming What is love by Exo-K. Sunggyu noticed you. "Why so happy?" he asked. "None of your business" you replied. "Jiyon-ah, I'm your brother, your supposed to tell me everything" he exclaimed. "I'm taking a shower" you told him and walked away. "You better hurry up. I'm taking a shower too" Sunggyu yelled over.

 

After taking a shower, you change into your school uniform. Sunggyu was still at the shower. "Oppa, I'm going now" you yelled. "Be careful" he yelled back. Jongup wasn't at your front door. You walked to school by yourself. It was sad not having Jongup by his side.

 

9am

Class has started. "Hi" you said to Jongup but he didn't answer. He moved and sat by Minsoo. He was avoiding you all day even at lunch time. You sat by yourself. You texted him "Jongupie, wanna hang out after school?' you texted. But he didn't reply. You felt bad for him, for yourself. Does he like me? If he does then he could have confess to me first. You can't wait for the day to be over. You wanted to see your best friend and just talked.

 

After school

You went over to Jongup's place. You knocked on the door. Someone opened it. 'Hello there" he said. "I'm Yongguk by the way. Jongup's best friend" he said. "Is he around?" you asked. "He's in the living room, watching TV" Yongguk replied. "Come inside" he added. You meet all of Jongup's friend. You meet Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae and Zelo. "Annyeonghaseyo! Kim Jiyon imnida" you said, bowing. "Noona annyeong" Zelo said. You look over to where Jongup was sitting. He walked away when the moment your eyes meet. He went to his room instead.

 

"Nice meeting you all" you said, bowing again. You went inside his room. He was sitting at the edge of his bed. You put your hands on your lap. "Hey, why are you ignoring me all day?" you asked. He didn't reply. "Fine, just ignor me then" you said. Before you could get to the door. "I liked you a lot okay ever since we were little until now. I don't know how to confess to you because...because your my best friend. I never though I'd fall in love with you. What about that kiss we had the other night? Does is not mean anything to you?" he let his emotions out. He grabbed your hands and let you sit on the bed. "Break up with him and be with me" Jongup said. "I don't know what to do right now. I have to go" you said and left him. "Are you okay?" Yongguk asked. "I'm sorry. I need to go" you said.

 

Yongguk went on Jongup's room. "Bro what happened?" Yongguk asked. "Hyung I loved her very much. But she can't see that. We shared a moment together" Jonngup told Yongguk. "If you love her, why don't you go after her" Yongguk said, calming Jongup down. "Not now hyung. I'll give her some space for now" Jongup said.

 

You lost connection with him after what happened.

 

*A/N: Sad Chapter. 2 more to go :)