What the party?

After Love

He keeps walking here and there in his rent house, thinking how will be his life in the new place. He is wondering the new life that he would be alone there without anyone that he knows. It will be bored when he at first there. He even not tells his family yet about the job promotion and transfer. He says he wants to make it as a surprise.

This night he will go to a five stars hotel in Suwon town to celebrate his farewell party. However, the other workers don’t know that the party is a farewell party for Hong Ki, they don’t know that their ‘small boss’ will leave them and transfer to other country. What the only they know is Hong Ki’s promotion. This is Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee secret.

Hong Ki’s P.O.V

“Oh my, I’m late!”  I take the car key from the key holder, then, shut up the front door and at the same time lock it up. I take the black shoes from the rack wear it hurriedly. “Hong Ki-ah, that’s why you should not daydream alone. Look! You already late,” I say while place the key in its hole and starts the engine. The car move swiftly after out of the gate. I make a fast look at the mirror above my head, “Hmm.. perfect!” I just think that I always have a perfect look. Boasting and snobbish!

I make my way to ‘Fly High Hotel’ in Suwon. Luckily, there is no traffic jam as usually. So, it helps me a lot to make me arrive soon there. Now, I already in front of the hotel and straight away drive to the ground floor to park my lovely car. Yes, I love this car very much. You know why? It is because I can use this car for about two weeks more. I mean I can’t bring this car along to Malaysia. Malaysia? Oh, Malaysia! Yes, I’ll be transferred there and work as a lead engineer. So, I’ll be the big boss there.

Being a young big boss? Yes, it is! Do you still remember that I study in Business Administration? I don’t know how I can work as an engineer at last. Maybe I can do all works. Laugh! I’m boasting again.

I walk alone to the hotel’s receptionist, “May I help you sir?” “Oh yes! Where is the star light hall?” I just simply lower my head. “You can take the elevator there and make it to third floor. Soon, you’ll see the hall in front of you,” she smiles. “Okay, thanks a lot.”

 I walk to the front of elevator, it is full. So, I make decision to wait in a few minutes. I push the button next to the elevator’s door, and the door open. I enter the elevator and I am alone in here. I push number 3 button. I keep thinking what if suddenly this elevator can’t function correctly? I’ll faint in here alone. I’m over watching drama.

At last, I reach the third floor. I walk out and yes, the big hall is in front of me. I walk in the hall, they are not noticing me. I just walk and sit on a chair around the circular table. I look around and see there is a microphone on the stage. “What if Mr. Kim asks me to give a speech there? I’m not ready with any…” “Mr. Lee! Daydreaming?” Jong Hoon, one of the staffs pats my shoulder from the back. “Ani~ Jong Hoon-sshi! Hey please don’t call me Mr. Lee again. Just call me Hong Ki, like we are in the kindergarten before,” I look at him.

 Jong Hoon is my friend since we were in kindergarten. We are still friends until now. “Hong Ki-sshi! Congratulations for your promotion! What should I call you after this? Big boss? Sir Lee or what?” we shake hands. “No need! You will always call me Hong Ki!” “But you’re still my boss Hong Ki!” He says while crosses his hand on his chest. “I’m not your boss anymore after next week.”

“Why?” he asks. “Hey Mr. Lee! How long you are here?” Seung Hyun appears in a sudden. “It’s already 10 minutes, I guess!” I just make a small laugh. “I thought you will not join us this night Mr. Lee,” says a girl in a long dress. “Are you crazy? This party is for him and not us. Of course he comes! If not, there is no party today” Min Hwan gives out an annoying smirk.

“Enough! Enough! You all just like small kids,” I smile. “By the way Mr. Lee, you look so handsome this night!” the girl voices out once again. “Do I look handsome just this night? I think I’m every time handsome,” I say slumber. “Wah Hong Ki, you know how to make jokes lately. You already have the new girl?” Jong Hoon looks everyone with Oh-My-God-I-Slip-My–Tounge! “Eh, no girls!” I say rapidly. “Sorry Hong Ki!” “It’s okay!”

“Jong Hoon-sshi! You call Mr. Lee just with Hong Ki? How dare you?” Says Mr. Kim’s secretary. Min Hwan, Jong Hoon and Seung Hyun laughs. “He is our friend since schooling time! He will be okay with that. Right Hong Ki-sshi?” Min Hwan claims. I just nod. “Ehem! What so interesting?” Oh, he has come! The big boss is here.

“Nothing! We just chatting about me,” I say, the others just look at me like their eyes want to pop out. “Oh, okay! Shall we start now Mr. Lee?” They walk away to their own sit as I reply, “Depends on you, Mr. Kim!”

“Okay! All are here or not?” He asks after testing the microphone. “Yes, we are!” The happy-go-lucky Jong Hoon answers. “If all are here, let’s we begin it now,” All of them are silent, focusing on what Mr. Kim will speak out. “Today, we are here to celebrate Mr. Lee Hong Ki’s job promotion. He will be the lead engineer after this.” Min Hwan starts clapping his hands and the other just follow him.

I stand up and bow in front of all. “But…” Mr. Kim continues. “But, what?” The other staffs are wondering and they start to whisper to each other ears. “But unluckily, Mr.Lee will transfer to other country. He will be transfer to Malaysia and be the big boss there. That’s mean we have only this week with him. After that, he will go back to Busan and after a week, he will take a flight to Malaysia.”

All of them look at me, I just smile weakly. In fact, I’ll miss them too. “Now let me invite Mr. Lee Hong Ki to give us some speech.”

I am frozen. As I’ve said, I’m not ready to give a speech or what. “Mr. Lee! What are you doing there? Come here or you want me go there and invite you to the stage?” He says. Mr. Kim is an understanding boss and I’m not sure if he already old because he acts likes Jong Hoon, Min Hwan and Seung Hyun. “Oh no need! I can make it myself,” I go to the stage.

“Annyeong! I’m Lee Hong Ki, an engineer in Samsung Group. First and foremost, I would like to say thanks a lot to Mr. Kim because he gives me a chance to speak here. Thanks to all staffs who are willing to join in this party for this night. I don’t know what to say, but I would thank everyone who cooperates with me all this while. I hope that you all will maintain the good works. We will meet again if there is some time. Thank you.” I get down from the stage.

Now, we all are having our dinner. Jong Hoon gives me a glass of water and sit in front of me, “Hong Ki, that’s why you said you’ll no longer be my boss?” “Yes!” I give him a simple answer. We eat our food till we are full. As I thought, this party will be end after eating time but it is not.

“Attention please! Since we are celebrating Mr. Lee, why don’t we invite him again to this stage and perform a song?” All are giving their attention to the crazy big boss. Oh my! Oh my! Ottoke? They ask me to perform a song. No way!

“Hong Ki! Go for a song. Jebal!” Min Hwan makes a cute face. Looking on his face reaction, make me feel in trouble. I go there again for them. What is my luck tonight? I try to refuse but I fail. “What the song that you want to sing?” Asks Mr. Kim. “Molla!” I make my eyes bigger. “Okay if that case, Jong Hoon, Min Hwan and Seung Hyun will decide it for you since they are your friends.” They just smile because the boss gives them a green light. They begin to discuss.

“Ah~ After Love Mr. Kim!” Jong Hoon speaks up. What the hell? That song! I can die. “Alright!” Mr. Kim passes me the microphone. “My voice isn’t good as the original singer!” I try to make an excuse.  “Don’t lie us Hong Ki! I know you since before. I know you like to sing this song when you were bored right?” Seung Hyun claims while Min Hwan and Jong Hoon nod as agree to Seung Hyun statements.

“Please Mr.Lee!” Mr. Kim starts to beg at me. I look all. “Okay! Okay! I admit I like that song very much and I always sing that song but there is one condition!” I smile since my secret is out. “What is it?” Min Hwan asks.

“I think I know it Hong Ki. I can read your mind. It is about the rap part. Am I right? In that case I can’t sing that part to you because I can bite my own tongue but Seung Hyun can. Right Seung Hyun?” Seung Hyun just looks at Jong Hoon with serious face.  “Why so serious Seung Hyun?” I ask. The others are laughing at us. At last, I just sing and Seung Hyun takes the rap part. The memorable party lasts on 10.00 p.m.

I drive alone back to my house. I unlock the main door and enter. Then, I light on the lamp and lock the door back. I go to my room and prepare to sleep but suddenly my phone ringing. Someone calls me!

 

‘XIUMIN (Kim Min Seok)’

 

Xiumin? Yes, where is he all this while? After graduating, I never meet him again. I pick up the call, “Yoboseyo! Xiumin ah~ what make you call me late at night?” I take a peek on the watch hanging on the wall in front of me. It’s already a quarter to 12 midnight. “Ya, Hong Ki, what the time in Korea now?” He asks me back. “Where are you now?” I make a question more. “Malaysia. I work here.” Oh he is in Malaysia. That’s mean I’ve a friend there.

 “Oh my lovely Xiumin, our time zone just different for an hour. Here already 11. 50 pm and I’m sure that there is 10. 50 right?”  I chuckle alone in the room. “Oh you’re so smart. The time is 10. 52 now. Actually, I want to say congratulation to you for your promotion and welcome to Malaysia.” I wonder how he knows it, “Xiumin, how do you know?” “I work in Samsung Malaysia, as an engineer.” He explains. While we both are talking, I heard someone call my name from the phone.

“Xiumin, who is he?” “Try to guess Hong Ki!” he says back at me. “Let me hear his voice again!” This time Xiumin passes his phone to the guy who disturbs us. “Annyeong, Hong Ki!” Then, the man in black gives the phone back to Xiumin. “I think I know who he is. He is Park Chanyeol right?” At the moment, Xiumin says, “Yes, he is.” “By the way Hong Ki, I will pick up you at KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) when you arrive here. I’ve to go now! Good night!” He says, happy. “Okay, thanks pal! Good night too. Until we meet again, Xiumin!” The phone call is disconnect.

Wah what the heaven now? I’ve two friends there, Xiumin and the happy virus, Chanyeol. My life will not very bore there. By the way, if they are engineers in Samsung Malaysia office, it means that I am their new boss. I’ll bully them. Oh, just kidding! I’m a good boss tough.


A/N : ButterflyShida

XIUMIN & Chanyeol appearing!

Hope you all will continue to read and comment on this. I really hope you will not be a silent reader. It might make me sad again.

 

Love you!