A Few Last Days In Korea

After Love

“Jong Hoon-sshi! What are you doing at my house gate early in the morning? Aren’t you working today?” I surprise as I open the main door and see the very familiar Jong Hoon out of the locked gate.

 

“Hey!!! I want go to Busan with you and yes I’m on my leave for a week,” He lifts up one of his eyebrows.

 

“Ha? What you will do there?” he looks up at me.

 

He bits his lip and says, “Busan is my hometown too Hong Ki-sshi. I want go back to my parents’ house along with you because you’re my friends plus my lovely neighbour.”

 

I hit my head, “Mianhae, Hoonie!! I really forgot about it.”

 

“It’s really good for you to forget the things here. At least you can forget her too,” Jong Hoon murmurs.

 

“What Jong Hoon? I don’t hear what you say.”

 

He chuckles and makes a fuhhh-good-he-doesn’t-hear-what-I-say face, “I just say that you’re really looks nervous to transfer to Malaysia.”

 

“Yeah, I really nervous but there is something makes me happy.” I make a proud face.

 

 “What is that? Come and share it with me!!!” He shows his overjoy look.

 

“Xiumin and Chanyeol work in there!” I blurt out a small laugh. “You mean Kim Min Seok and the happy virus, Park Chanyeol?” Jong Hoon asks.

 

I just nod while Jong Hoon is busy laughing at me. “Wae?”

 

“I already know it long time ago!” Jong Hoon can’t stop laughing at me. He holds his stomach and bends his body.

 

“Jong Hoon!!!!” I hit him. “Since when you are already know about it? Where do you know it? How dare you not tell me about that?” He just smirks.

 

“Hong Ki, I just know that last night from his twinnie! The twinnie informed Min Hwan last night and Min Hwan told me. Arasso?” I rub my head.  “Wae?”

 

“Xiumin don’t have twin!” I look up at Jong Hoon, asking the answer and wondering who Xiumin’s twin is. I really don’t have any idea at this moment. How can I be an absent-minded person today?

“Twin is not only from one mother and one father, Xiumin has twin for his birth…” Jong Hoon explains.

 

I cut, “You mean twin birthday? 26 March 1990!!! Oh, I know!” I giggle.

 

“Who?” He furrows his eyebrows. He just gives me a smirk again. It’s look really creepy. He takes the car key from my hand and opens the car boot. He takes all my bags and puts them in the boot.

 

“Is it Won Bin? Oh Won Bin our friend?” He just nods. “Can I’ve his number?”

 

“Text Min Hwan for it!” I walk towards the car, to the driver seat but Jong Hoon stops me from open the door.

 

“Why?” I turn at him, give him a strange glance.  He gives a signal for me to move from the front car door.I look up at him once more. I think my friend is getting crazy. Is this love sick? Jong Hoon has that illness? I know he is the most romantic person among us. I mean among Min Hwan, Seung Hyun, Won Bin, Xiumin, Chanyeol and myself, of course. For others, I don’t know.

 

“For the last moment, I want to be your driver!” He looks at me, then, chuckles. I think he already crazy before the time arrives. As he wants to open the backseat door, I stop him, “Jong hoon, let me seat next to you. Seoul to Busan isn’t near, if you feel tired, let we exchange our seat, I’ll drive then.”

 

“Gwaenchana, one day prince! I’ll drive for you.” I just seat comfortably at the right side of him. I turn on the radio, Yoboseyo by Nu’est is on air but then Jong Hoon asks me to change the radio frequency when Nobody by Wonder Girls airing.

 

We set off from Seoul at 8.00 a.m. “Jong Hoon, where’s your own car?” I ask.

 

“Min Hwan and Seung Hyun use it because Min Hwan’s car is in workshop and Seung Hyun not own any car instead of his controlled car.” We both laugh. “Hong Ki, why don’t we stop at Min Hwan family’s restaurant for a breakfast? I’m hungry and actually craving for the fried chicken there.” He says.

 

“Alright, actually I’m hungry too. As I’ve heard, the secret recipe for the fried chicken is created by our friend, Min Hwan. Is it true?” Jong Hoon just nods and stays focusing on his driveway.


 

“Hi sir, what you would order? Our restaurant serves the most delicious chicken dishes,” I look at the waiter because his voice is very familiar to us. “What Min Hwan? What are you doing here? Are you not working today? Are you already resigned just only to help your parents manage this restaurant?” I ask multiple questions.

 

Min Hwan has not answered yet my questions; Jong Hoon already asks another killer question, “You borrow my car just to drive it here?”

 

“Can you both stop asking? I’m confused right now!” He pulls the chairs and sits without a word out from his mouth.

 

“I think we both should confuse right now, not you.” Jong Hoon says.

 

“Actually I have a meeting this evening, now still morning guys. I’m not working today but Mrs. Choi call me to go for a meeting this evening in Songnam,” Min Hwan grins.

 

“What means by that grins?” Jong Hoon asks.

 

“Nothing,” Min Hwan shakes his head rapidly.

 

“Hoonnie!!!” Someone calls more like screaming in the restaurant. The restaurant has no customer yet because it is very early in morning. I know this voice. I know him very well.

 

Seung Hyun comes out from the kitchen with the apron on his body, brings two plates of fried chicken. “Hi guys! Here your chickens…” He put the plates in front of us and at the same time he along with Min Hwan sits in front of us.

 

“Where our drinks?” Out of sudden, I ask.

 

“Oh I forgot! Mianhae Hong Ki-sshi, Jong Hoon-sshi,” He goes back to the kitchen and continues to speak, “I’ll make your coffee with full of love.”

 

“Full of love? Sound weird right chingu!” Min Hwan blinks his eyes.

 

“Where is your omma and appa, Min Hwan?” I ask since I not see them from before.

 

“Oh, they go to the market and go to the bank because of their business. Wae?” He frowns his head.

 

“Da Young goes with them too?” Jong Hoon asks.

 

“No, she is in the kitchen.” He shakes his head.

 

“Then I know what the meaning of ‘with full of love’ that he said just now,” I stand up and fix my clothes. Then, make steps to the kitchen. I ask Min Hwan and Jong Hoon to follow me at the back quietly.

 

“Wae?” Jong Hoon  asks while Min Hwan looks up at me.

 

“We will see with full of love!” I just smile.

 

We sneak a peek to what Seung Hyun does in the kitchen through the small windows. Flirting to Da Young. What the heaven, both of them look so cute together. Listening to the romantic phrases from Seung Hyun makes Jong Hoon envy him. “Min Hwan, how long they already like this?” I ask.

 

“Molla, Hong Ki. If you not come here today, I’ll never know this drama,” He chuckles. “My girl already grown up. How about me chingu?” He asks.

 

“Maybe today Min Hwannie! Wah great Seung Hyun will be your brother-in-law,” I say.

 

“How about me Hong Ki?” Jong Hoon makes the sad face. “Appa and omma always ask me about married. I’m really stressed because of that,” He continues.

 

“Soon when the time arrive Hoonie. Don’t worry, I’ll tell your parents before I set off for Malaysia,” I give a wink and straight away leading to the kitchen that full of Seung Hyun love. “Jong Hoon-ah, you want tea or coffee?” Seung Hyun stand, frozen when see I’m here and I hear Jong Hoon says ‘coffee’. “What?” I look at Da Young.

 

At the same time, Seung Hyun blocks my view to Da Young. I know his jealous already come. I just want to test his feeling this time – I take Da Young’s hand and say, “Da Young let’s come with oppa, I want to talk to you a little secret.”

 

“Andwae!!!” Seung Hyun out of sudden says but mostly like screaming. He looks at our hands. I know him very much. This is the first time I see him in this condition – with full load of jealousness.

 

“Andwae? What?” I pretend to know nothing.

 

“Don’t hold her hand like that!” He looks up at me.

 

“Arghh~ if I hold her hand like this, are you will angry too?” Min Hwan reaches his sister’s hand and grabs it.

 

“I.. I.. j.. just don’t want she gets hurt,” he stutters.

 

“Ha ha ha!” The evil Jong Hoon comes out. “I know you didn’t mean like that right. Don’t lie us. We all have seen you both romantic drama. You both should receive an award, the best couple of the year award. One more thing, that’s you said that you’ll make our coffee with full of love right,” He smirks.

 

“Ah~ if you said you make their coffee with full of love, that’s mean after Hong Ki comes back to Korea back, the coffee will not serve yet,” Min Hwan chuckles while Da Young blushes. Seung Hyun just quiets like a mouse.

 

“Ok.. Ok.. change topic. Don’t worry Seung Hyun, Min Hwan already gave you a green light to be his brother-in-law. We just make our drama, don’t take it seriously. It’s okay, today I’ll serve you all with my hot cocoa – with full of friends relationship,” I lift up my left eyebrow.

 

“Jeongmal Min Hwan? You bless me,” the talkative Seung Hyun appears again. Min Hwan just nod. He jumps with cheerful sensibility.

 

After a few minutes..

I come out with a tray of hot cocoa, “Hot cocoa served!”

 

“Wah! I can feel it with full of friends relationship,” Jong Hoon says.

 

“Have a drink the owner and the boyfriend of the owner,” I keep teasing them. I finish up my fried chicken, same goes with Jong Hoon. “Min Hwan, Seung Hyun, Da Young, I think we’ve to go now. Good luck couple!” I say.

 

“Don’t want wait for my parents?” Min Hwan asks.

 

“I don’t think we have much time but send our regards to them okay,” I say, Jong Hoon nods.

 

“Okay then! Be careful. Drive properly! Bye!!! Hope meet you again Hong Ki,” Seung Hyun says.

 

“Bye!” To be honest, I feel a little sad to leave all here but I’ve to do that for my good sake. I walk out from the restaurant and bow, “Selamat tinggal semua.”

 

“Ha?” They make ‘O’ mouth, including Jong Hoon. “What is that Hong Ki?” Min Hwan asks.

 

“Malay language. It means goodbye all.” I wave my hands to them and enter the car. Jong Hoon still wants to be my one day driver without payment. We lead to Busan. After a few hours, we arrive in front of my house. I get in to the lawn and try to call someone but there is no one in the house – Jae Young in school, omma and appa busy in the restaurant.

I sent the clingy only child to his house. No one at home too but he has the key. He gets in while I drive alone to the restaurant. Actually, my family don’t know I want go to Malaysia, they even don’t know I’m here now – In Busan. I want to make a little surprise to them. I get into the restaurant and sit at one of the table there. Ha ha ha.. My mother comes to take the order. I just sit on here quietly. As she steps next to me, I hug her, “Omma, I’m here!”

 

“Oh my son! What are you doing here? Are you not working today? By the way, are you in pink?” She asks as usually.

 

“Omma, you don’t like I’m here?” I pout.

 

“No, I really happy now! But what bring you here? We talk at home okay. I’m busy right now.” She goes to the kitchen back.

 

I follow her to the kitchen to meet my father, “Appa! I miss you.”

 

“Hong Ki, you’re here? I’m not dreaming right?” he chuckles.

 

“You’re not. Want a helping hand?” I ask.

 

“No need, son. You’re tired right. I need your help to take this key and go back home. Get rest okay!” He passes me a key.

 

“Gwaenchana, appa! I can be here until the restaurant close.” He shakes his head.

 

“Alright!” I take the key and walk out.


 

We are having our dinner together. After that, we watch television and have a chat. It’s been a long time we are not like this. It is because Busan and Suwon are not near, so, I can’t go back always and because of my job there. I’m a busy man.

 

“Oppa! I miss you so much” Jae young my only sister sit next to me. “Do you miss me too?”

 

“Of course.” I say, simple.

 

“Hong Ki, actually what bring you here son?” My father asks – showing his curiosity too much.

 

“Actually, I bring good news,” I smile.

 

“What news oppa?” My sister cuts.

 

“Can’t you wait your oppa tell us Jae Young?” Omma talks to her.

 

“Nae omma.”

 

“Actually, I’ve got a job promotion to be a lead engineer,” I say.

 

“Congratulation my son!” My parents say.

 

“But I’ve to move to Malaysia,” I say in dare.

 

“What? Malaysia?” All of them are shocked with my last statement.


ButterflyShida notes :

Sorry for taking a long time to update this little chapter. I'm really busy lately. The next chapter, the role of Xiumin and Chanyeol get bigger. I'll back again soon.

subscribe, comment & upvote!

wink