Job Promotion

After Love

Day by day flies away very fast and now it’s already two years after the saddest day in Lee Hong Ki’s life. A lady named as Kwon Yuri is still fresh in his mind. He can forget her even for a minute or a second. His life is haunted by that person, Yuri. He knows that he should forget her because she already married with his own friend in high school, Jung Yong Hwa. However, what should he does to make she goes away from his mind for forever?

Hong Ki’s P.O.V

Yuri, why you always appears in my mind? Please go away from me. If I’ve to beg, I’ll do it just for forget you for forever. Please, Yuri! Don’t make me suffer once again. My tears are rolling down slowly on my warm cheeks. As usually, I think about her before sleep. I think my life is incomplete when I’m not thinking about her. You are poison Yuri!

I wake up with new mood to start brand-new day. I slip the door of my bed room in office suit to go to office like usually. Opps! I forgot to tell you that I work at Samsung Group in Suwon, South Korea as a standard engineer after resigning in her father’s company. Picking the yellow long-sleeve shirt with blue-black strips tie and black trouser to suit up the coat today is the shiny day for me. That’s mean I’ve a nice mood today. Yes! I shouldn’t give up forgetting her, life must go on. Let’s try again!

I drive alone from my rent house to my office, it’s already 7.30 a.m. I’ve about 30 minutes before the office hours begin. After driving for about 20 minutes, I finally reach my lovely office, ‘Korea Samsung Group’. I park my yellowish car at the ground floor and take the elevator to my office. As soon as I reach there, there are many staffs which are all under me standing in front of the big slide door. “Hi, good morning all! What are you doing here? Why not enter in?” I ask while peeking on your watch. “Oh, Mr. Lee! Glad you’re here now. Actually, the door is still locked.” One of them says.

At first, I work here, I feel weird because they call me ‘Mr. Lee’ but now I’m okay with it. Yes, being a young boss in a big company is such a big challenge. “Where is the guard? Ask him for the key.” I say, calm. “Oh! I’m sorry Mr. Lee, the key is here with me,” Says a middle-age lady, Mrs. Choi, Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim is the big boss of Samsung Company, so, I’m just a small boss. Ha ha. Funny right? “So open it up now!” I say, smile. “Alright, Mr. Lee!” She opens the big door, then the small one inside.

“So, why you are late Mrs.Choi?” She looks up at me when I’m standing in front of her. “Oh, actually, I’ve to send my daughter to high school today since her father went for an outstation for a week,” I nod as ‘understand’ sign. “Okay!” I say simple then, go straight to my own room.

I pull the glass door in front of me and walk towards the table and chair, the door shuts itself. I take the black file on the shelf behind my computer table and sit on the chair. I plug in the laptop and at the same time I switch on the laptop.  As the computer completely open, I search the office data in ‘My Documents’ section. Scrolling down the arrow started from documents with letter A as the title and I stop at the E section and make a double-click on ‘Engineer HK’ folder.  I put my entire important document in it.

As I reopen the Microsoft Word, someone knocks the door. Tok! Tok! Tok! “Come in!” I say with a smile. “Sir Lee, Mr. Kim wants to see you now. He said it is urgent! Thank you sir,” She bows and I rapidly stand up and walk towards the door.  I walk to the ‘Big Boss’ office at level 3. Before I forgot, I should explain to you all that, I work at level two and the administration workers do their work at level 3 same goes with the boss. Ah, finally I’m here after hiking the stairs. I knock the door, Tok! Tok! “Come in Mr. Lee!” He asks.

I walk towards him with full of question marks. What he wants from me? Do I’ve made any mistakes? Do I come late? “Mr. Lee, please sit!” He says, serious. I pull the chair backward and sit on it uncomfortably, waiting for what he wants to say. My forehead frowns as he looks at me, unsatisfied. Then, he passes me an A4-sized envelope, I take it. He looks at me and says “Starting from next week, you’re not my staff anymore.” I glare at him for what-I’ve-do until he wants fired me? Did I come late? Or did I make mistakes in any projects or is it because I took a week holiday for last week? I just went to Busan, visited my family there and I miss the restaurant also. Why he wants to fired me?.“Hey, Mr. Lee! Open it up!” He laughs. Is my boss turns mad? I don’t know, maybe forgot to take medication last morning.

I open up the envelope carefully and slowly. I pull out the stapled papers and read it from up to bottom. What my application to transfer success? Yay!!! I want to jump but not here please. Manner is important or my boss will say I forgot to take mature medicine last morning. Yeeehaaa! Success!!! “Congratulations Mr. Lee Hong Ki, happy for your job promotion!” I smile ear to ear when I am reading the letter of my job promotion. I expect for a transfer but I got two things, transfer and promotion! Such a good day! Where I’ll be transferred and what promotion that I get? Let it be a secret first!

“Thank you Mr. Kim!” I bow to be polite and turns back to walk out and when he says, I stop, “Engineer Lee, don’t forget this night!” I give him a glare of what-this-night-what? “I’m sorry, this night will be a farewell party for you!” He smiles. “One more thing Mr. Lee, don’t tell anyone first about this because I would be the one who will announce it this night,” I nod as ‘understand’. Then, I walk out from his room with a very wide smile.

This is life mean, sometime we sad, sometime we happy and sometime we have no feeling. Life like a wheel, sometime we are on the top, sometime at the bottom. So, it is natural being! Don’t give up!


Author Shida Notes:

Thank you for those who subscribe this story! Wait for the next chapter for EXO cameo (Xiumin & Chanyeol)... Sorry for updating a short chapter. I don't have a lot of time to make it long. Continue to read and I hope you'll leave comments after reading! I really hope your comments.

Love you! :)