Chapter 5

I'm Crazy For You!

It’s been a week after the company’s short vacation and 2 days since appa was admitted to hospital due to low blood pressure. The news almost had me got heart attack. Every night Seunghyun came to ward and accompany me taking care appa. It means every day he told me that appa gonna be okay because he knows that appa is my life.

“I’m sure he will be okay.”

“Hmm, just go home already. You need to go to the office and it’s already 6 am.”

Seunghyun looked at his watch. Then he looked at me.

"I came back later in the afternoon. Do not worry, okay? Don’t think too much."

I nod my head and tried to smile at him.

"Uncle will be fine. He's just tired. Like the doctor said yesterday. Tomorrow or the next day, he can discharged."

"Yes, I know. Just go home." I pushed his shoulder. He smiles.

"Okay. If anything happen, call me."

I looked at Seunghyun’s steps until he disappear from my view. Then I entered the ward. When I saw appa sleep so well, I smile again. Yeah, he’s fine. It’s only me who worried too much. I pulled the chair slowly. I don’t want to make appa awake. He needs to have enough rest.

"You're not going to work?"

Just I want to take a nap, I heard appa asked. I straighten my body, staring at appa. He looks more energetic this morning. The lips that was pale before looked fresh. My heart feels relieved.

"I’m on leave. I want to take care you until you recover."

"I’m okay. You go to work. Your boss will get angry."

I smiled. Appa very familiar with Seunghyun a.k.a my best friend since we were younger.

"He is the one who told me to take leave."

"He’s a good guy. Don’t you like him? He cares about you. Always check on my wellbeing." said appa.

"Do you like him, appa?"

"It's not me who want to get marry, my dear."

I was speechless.

"He's a good friend of mine. Doesn’t it feel strange to marry your good friend?"

"What is strange? It’s a blessing to have your best friend as your spouse"

"Do you like it if I married to Seunghyun?"

"Yeah, of course I do. He’s like my own son."

I know it. When Seunghyun visited the house, appa always treat Seunghyun so well that he didn’t even care about me, his beloved daughter.

Suddenly I remembered about Seunghyun’s proposal one day after returning from company’s vacation. He offered himself to be my husband. He wants me to marry him because don’t want me to choose bad people. Is he crazy? This is not only about my life; it's also about his life. I did not give any answer to him yet. I don’t know how to response to his question.  He is my best friend and I’m afraid if something happen to us..I’m gonna lose him as my best friend. I do love him but I don’t know if this love as friend or as something else.

 

Afternoon, Seunghyun came to see my father as usual and what make me overwhelmed is that his parents also came to visit. They chat with appa and occasionally turning their gaze towards me and Seunghyun. Seunghyun parents slowly make their move and leave the ward. Left me, appa and Seunghyun who still stay with us.  

"Are you okay today uncle?"

"I'm a hundred percent okay today."

I smiled to hear the conversation between appa and Seunghyun.

"Seunghyun, may I ask you something?"

Suddenly the atmosphere feels so quiet. I looked at appa, and then I looked at Seunghyun. Suddenly something felt so wrong and it makes me nervous.

"What is it uncle?"

Seunghyun already turn to a serious mood. He turns to look at me and appa interchangeably.

"Do you have a girlfriend? I mean special girlfriend." Asked appa.

Appa looked to Seunghyun then look at me. I embarrassed! Appa! Why do you ask that question? Oh gosh! My face turns red.

"Special? Not yet. I’m busy with works and didn’t have time to go out like everyone else." Reply Seunghyun smiling.

"Don’t you want to get married to? Have your own family. Life is not about just busy with work."

"I do want to get married but…. I don’t know. Time will decide I guess."

"Why don’t you marry my sweet daughter here? You two have known for a long time. I think you know best about each other better than others do. My Yoona is spoiled, stubborn, sometimes lazy  but she's a good daughter. I’m relieved if you willing to take care of her for the rest of your life. I’m happy if you be my son-in-law." Appa said bluntly. I bit my lip, feeling dizzy already with appa frank action. I am ashamed appa!

"Appa ... I can take care of you. There is no need to marry as I’m capable of taking care of myself and you."

"Yoona, I know you're scared to get married, right? Are you afraid to leave me all alone? Believe in destiny Yoona-ya, I’m always pray for your happiness. I want you to be happy, to think about yourself and others. Your mind must be filled with something about your life not only about me. You still have a long way to go and I’m already live for a long time. Now it’s about you not about me anymore. It’s your journey and I want you enjoy it. Make good memories and have someone to lean on when I’m gone. That way I will leave this world happily without worried about you."

I clasped tightly appa’s hand. I got mixed feelings and it’s confusing now.

"Seunghyun? How? I’m not forcing neither you nor Yoona. I just want both of you happy."

"I am waiting for Yoona’s anwer. She's the only one who can give answer."

Seunghyun turned to me. I cannot breathe. That is Seunghyun answer? That easy? I do not know what to answer. Too many things to think before make any decision now. Im Yoona current mode is being serious!

 

 

 

 

P/S : Hi guys. Sorry for another short update. Anyway thanks for reading and sorry for any grammatical errors! Love you guys. Till next update =)