Teaser | The first two

★ Stardust ★ | TS Entertainment's new girl group

 

 


 

Some afternooon in February 2013

Three teenagers had just started their practice in one of the dance rooms in TS entertainment when a soothing piano melody disturbed the ridiculous song to which they had been dancing. The taller of the three girls in the room was quick to answer her phone while the other two looked just a little bit confused. The only people who usually called their friend was themselves.

"Lee Mi Sun speaking. Who do I have the pleasure to speak with?" The skinny girl answered her phone just like her mother had always taught her to do.

"Yes, I understand. That's great news! Thank you very much. Bye", Mi Sun ended the call and looked at her two very confused looking friends.

"What was that, Misha?" The shorter girl asked looking at Mi Sun, still very confused.

"It was someone from the company. She said I'll be a member for a new girl group and she'll be my manager. She told me to go to the practice room one floor up to meet another member of the group. Apparently the company  hasn't chosen the other ones yet", Mi Sun explained the situation to the other two people in the room the best she could. For a moment it was completely silent. Then all three teenagers started smiling at the same time and it didn't take long for the two girls to jump around the room performing a happy dance.

"That's just awesome! I hope I can be a back-up dancer for you then!" Eun Ha said smiling to her taller friend. The only boy in the room looked at Mi Sun smiling when the tall girl smiled back at him, which made them both blush quite clearly.

"...We need to celebrate this later today. You should probably go now", Jun Ha said quickly with a slight smile to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah... Right!" Mi Sun muttered flashing an awkward smile and starting to collect her stuff from the floor. 

"I'll just go now then. Bye!", she said cheerfully when she rushed out of the door still trying to stuff her clothes to her bag.

Jun Ha looked at the door for just a moment after his friend rushed out of it blushing slightly.

"What am I going to do with those two", Eun Ha muttered under her breath looking at her twin brother.

 


 

Fifteen minutes later

It took a while for Mi Sun to reach the practice room, because she had been dropping her stuff all over the place in a hurry, and she had to return and pick them up. She stood at the door for a moment thinking how she should introduce herself. Then she fixed her posture and walked in with a confident but warm smile on her face thinking that it would give the best image of her.

At first it seemed like nobody was in the practice room, which made Mi Sun confused for a moment. She thought the other girl would already be here.  After she looked around bit more she spotted a petite girl with light brown hair listening to music from her headphones and writing in an old looking notebook. She didn't seem to have noticed Mi Sun arriving.

"Hello!" Mi Sun said cheerfully after a while hoping that the other girl would notice her. The shorter girl looked up from her journal bit confused, but answered with a slight smile.

"Hello," she said while standing up and taking of her headphones. Mi Sun was quick to notice her doll-like appearance.

"She'll probably be the visual," she thought while walking towards the other girl.

"My name is Lee Mi Sun but just call me Misha. Nice to meet you," the taller girl said and gave a slight bow. She paid extra attention to her tone to sound as normal as possible. She couldn't afford giving the wrong image for her future groupmate. They would be together 24/7 after they debuted!

"I'm Heo Ji Moon but you can call me HeoJin," said the other girl while bowing twice, which made Mi Sun bit confused. Why would she bow twice? She did look like she was younger than her, but you never could be too sure. Mi Sun had come across many babyfaces during her life.

"How old are you?" She asked quite bluntly. ", now I probably sounded arrogant again."

"I was born in 1992," answered the other with a slight smile.

"Oh! So then you're my unnie. I'm three years younger, HeoJin-unnie," Misun said with her more arrogant sounding tone just because she was suprised. "Well that didn't go too well," she though and the two were left in an awkward silence.

 


 

Around half an hour ago in another practice room

"So this is where you practice?"

"Neh. Cozy, hmm?"

"HeoJin-ah, you need friends."

"BaeChi-ah, I have you."

The two identical girls looked at each other in silence for a moment before BaeChi shrugged and sat down against a mirrored wall. "Well, show me whatcha got."

HeoJin rolled her eyes. It had been a while since she had danced the routine she was showing her sister, so she was a bit nervous. She played the music and went through the moves, but was stopped midway through.

"You're not feeling it and you look bored; you'll never debut that way," BaeChi sighed, shaking her head. "And you wonder why JYP stopped wanting you."

"Chi-ah, you're being mean again." HeoJin sighed. "I didn't like this routine, so of course I'm not going to feel it."

Before BaeChi could speak again, both girls were startled by HeoJin's phone going off.

"Yeoboseyo?" HeoJin answered formally; the only people who ever called her were her parents, BaeChi, and TS officials, and she had separate tones for each category. "Neh. Really? Of course I'm excited." Her voice didn't match her words, but deep down she was really glad for the words the lady on the other end said. "I will head there right away. Thank you."

BaeChi stared at HeoJin as HeoJin stared at her phone. "Well?"

"I'm going to debut," HeoJin looked into indentical brown eyes and smiled. "I'm being put in a group. I have to go meet the other girl they've chosen so far right now. The company hasn't chosen the others yet, which means I was a first pick..."

BaeChi squealed and hugged HeoJin tightly. "That's wonderful news! I'm so glad for you~!" She stepped back. "You should go to that meeting though. I'll walk you there and then head out."

HeoJin nodded. The two walked down the hall to the elevator and to the next floor up to get where she was told to meet. She hugged BaeChi goodbye and went in. The practice room was empty, which meant the other girl hadn't shown up yet.

A little annoyed at having her schedule interrupted, HeoJin walked to a corner of the room and pulled out a notebook from her bag and her music player. And, she began to wait.